Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragonlance Project - Demo Up (Feedback Please)!  (Read 3057 times)

Dragonlance Project - Demo Up (Feedback Please)!
« on: April 20, 2009, 04:35:12 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Redoing the entire game. Read my last post... will post a demo and screenshots when more is done.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:54:57 am by Krynn »
Re: Dragonlance Project - Demo Up (Feedback Plea...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 09:00:37 am »
  • :3
screen shots??
downloading the demo now
there is not much to say at this point accept that you should include the rgss something dll
and the character walks way to fast it feels really strange
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:19:31 am by Deku_stick »
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:29:46 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I think you should have done a bit more work before showing this to anyone.  Some really easy, quick things you could do to make this is better is to add some music and make the people move, or at least not all facing the same direction.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:47:53 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Lol yeah sorry I did a whole lot of work over the weekend and its way better now, more quests, more zones, not fail-ness, combat system. give me a sec.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:59:17 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Alright have an updated demo that should take you around 5 minutes to beat.

HINT: inside the tent there is a letter quest item to continue past the guards!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 02:03:27 am by Krynn »
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 10:52:45 am »
  • Minalien
Because there's a complete lack of screenshots, and it's quite obvious from the fact that you want me to download the RTP, it's quite obvious that you're doing nothing but giving me something that any kid with RPG Maker XP could !@#$% out on a rainy day.

Beyond not telling us anything about your game itself, you don't even at least explain to us why this is better than the other RMXP trash littering the internet. All of the "features" you listed are all defaults that come with RPG Maker.

Walking: Woohoo. You put in less effort creating that than anybody doing the same project with Game Maker would have.

Quests: Yay. You slapped together five meaningless tasks to showcase something that you didn't create. Yeah, you can show us your five levels. Congrats. You (might, I'm not downloading the RTP to look at something that the developer doesn't even care enough about to post information or screenshots for) managed to use the map editor that comes with RPG Maker XP. Please, oh wise and powerful Isaac Amisov, can you show me the way of using a simplistic level editor that barely allows for any customization at all?

Combat: You managed to create a couple creatures, that are unbalanced with each other and the player, or at least with how the system works. Cool.

But, farbeit for me to question why you decided to use the name of a fictional world as your internet handle, or why you decided to make a generic, done-and-again game for a series of books that was rather uninteresting to begin with.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 04:51:27 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
I totally redid the entire thing and added around 20 zones with way more quests, changed everything with characters and maps. Changed the combat system and made an inn, new music for different levels. etc. I'll post it when its close to being done. shouldn't have showed a crappy demo. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.457 seconds with 51 queries.