Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changes in Moderation System  (Read 2643 times)

Changes in Moderation System
« on: December 14, 2007, 12:01:25 am »
In an effort to cut back on redundant moderator actions and to increase individual moderator responsibility, a hopefully better system of moderation has been proposed.   An important part of all moderation action has been dealing with reports by users.  With moderator policy largely focused on what the individual feels is right based on largely interpreted precedents of past actions by other moderators or by emulated understanding by those new to moderation, the trend of infractions or user misunderstandings occurring on the forum is often under-analyzed and overlooked.  Thus what I, other moderation staff, as well as previous moderation staff have proposed is that of returning to a system of head moderators that manage groups of global moderators and sections of the forum.  The system hierarchy is as follows:

- Administrator of Moderation: 4Sword
    - Head Moderator of Community Issues: Limey
        - Moderators of Community Issues: dantheman, FOX, InvaderLupus, Ricky
    - Head Moderator of Fangaming Issues: TomPel
        - Moderators of Fangaming Issues: MG-Zero, AoDC, Mamoruanime, Retro

Note: Community Issues refers to every board following under the category of Discussion, which Fangaming Issues refers to every board following under the categories of Projects and Resources.

This does not mean, however, that moderator action is limited to the section they are in, as they are all still global.  If a situation arises where action needs to be taken as soon as possible on something that the moderator is not involved with due to section, they are allowed to deal with it as they see fit; if what the moderator deals with at the time has not been reported, the moderator will report it themselves so that moderators of the section can see what went on.  All of the other technicalities, if I am not mistaken are not needed to be known as they deal with things that you do not have to worry about.

So, if you have any questions about the system, send me a PM and I will respond back to you as quickly as I can.  You can try sending PMs to the head moderators, Limey and TomPel, but any answers cannot be assured as the system has not been fully put into place nor has it existed in form for that long.  As with everything involving moderation, please try to be considerate and respectful.  Complaining over anything in a childish manner will lead to no resolution and if you are ignorant to that fact, then you might want to rethink your life.  As always, thanks for your time.

Hoffy edit: Moderators of Fangaming Issues were incorrectly titled Moderators of Community Issues. Just fixed that up :P.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:21:21 am by 4Sword »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 38 queries.

anything