Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yahtzee time: The Force Unleashed  (Read 1964 times)

Re: Yahtzee time: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 07:36:16 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
So he sold out just because he didn't like Brawl? LOL
Stopped reading there. He didn't sell out, he hates brawl and he hates it with legitimate reason. Simply because you're a !@#$% to every game you play doesn't make you a better gamer.
Again, words are being shoved into my mouth. He hates a lot of legitimately good games besides brawl. It's unlikely he would hate this many good games. He even admits in a few of his videos that he knows he faces a backlash anytime he reviews a game favorably. It makes sense that because of this, he would exadgerate his dislike of a game greatly in order to maintain a fandom.

If I wanted to, I could likely write a scathing review of Brawl presenting legitimate issues with the game, that would convince people I really did hate it. And it would undoubtedly garner a much larger amount of attention than a happy, positive, 10/10 review of the game.

Like I said. He gets paid to be a troll, it's what he does. Of course he's going to, as you say, exaggerate, his dislike towards the games.

He doesn't do it to maintain a fandom, he does it for money, just like Swiftu does it for fun, not for a fanbase.

Besides, how do you know what goes on in his head? How do you know he doesn't honestly hate these games as much as he says?

Just because you love them oh so very much, doesn't mean he has to. People are entitled to an opinion. They don't have to agree a game is good or is only "slightly bad" because fanboys will get angry with him.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 07:39:22 pm by Zidane »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 07:38:25 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
So he sold out just because he didn't like Brawl? LOL
Stopped reading there. He didn't sell out, he hates brawl and he hates it with legitimate reason. Simply because you're a !@#$% to every game you play doesn't make you a better gamer.
Again, words are being shoved into my mouth. He hates a lot of legitimately good games besides brawl. It's unlikely he would hate this many good games. He even admits in a few of his videos that he knows he faces a backlash anytime he reviews a game favorably. It makes sense that because of this, he would exadgerate his dislike of a game greatly in order to maintain a fandom.

If I wanted to, I could likely write a scathing review of Brawl presenting legitimate issues with the game, that would convince people I really did hate it. And it would undoubtedly garner a much larger amount of attention than a happy, positive, 10/10 review of the game.

There IS such a thing as criticism, you know. A review doesn't have to be positive, even if the reviewer likes the game. For a lot of people, the point of seeing a review is finding out the flaws of a game before they go buy it, so why hide that?
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 07:40:34 pm »
If you want to say he "sold out", I would say he sold out when he started using the same intro every time instead of putting in different music.  He still disliked games before that point though, so I'm not sure I follow either way.

And besides, selling out has no effect on whether or not he's funny.  So why does it matter?
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 07:40:41 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Though saying "This is what sucks about this: *presents a list*" is completely different to saying "This is what is bad with this: *presents a list*. However, the following things about this are good: *presents another list*"

You want to know what's bad and what's good about the game before you buy it, so you can tell if the flaws (which games always have) are enough to negate/out-weigh the pros or not.
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 07:47:49 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
This is starting a flame war. Locked.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.392 seconds with 48 queries.

anything