Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banjo-Tooie in April  (Read 2574 times)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Banjo-Tooie in April
« on: January 28, 2009, 05:13:08 pm »
  • The Mike
Banjo-Tooie is coming to XBLA in April around Easter time. The game will have a steady frame rate and "super-sharp HD graphics".

Quote from: Rare
As with the Xbox LIVE Arcade release of Banjo-Kazooie, you can expect all the fully-featured fun from the original game. But there’s more – 4J Studios have dredged the Banjo team’s collective memory and implemented the original plan for Stop ‘n’ Swop, for the first time on any platform ever and after many long years of waiting. Without going into too much detail, the Stop ’n’ Swop items collected in Banjo-Kazooie will ‘magically’ appear in Tooie, resulting in... well, you'll just have to find out. What could be cooler than that? Nothing, that’s what – not even Kazooie turning into a dragon.

I'm not sure if online multiplayer will be in the game but it's great to see SNS will be working this time around. Maybe Bottles' Revenge will be implemented as well. I am looking forward to this version but I still am a little tired of playing this game though.

Source: http://forums.banjo-kazooie.com/blogs/sample_weblog/archive/2009/01/27/29244.aspx

• Zelda Eternity
Re: Banjo-Tooie in April
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 05:15:47 pm »
ah awesome, now if only i could get the money for it by then. If not i'm sure i could get it in may, i never got close to beating tooie.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 05:17:54 pm »
Aww.... I thought it was March. Ah well, can't wait to play through this game again. I liked Tooie a lot better than Kazooie.
  • https://colbydude.com

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 05:30:28 pm »
  • The Mike
Same here. I'm still wondering what SNS will be like. The crap SNS on the N64 had half the eggs and the ice key. The eggs gave you the HOMING cheat, Jinjo in multiplayer, and the B+B Breegull Bash move. The ice key gave you a mega glowbo for Dragon Kazooie.

With the last 3 eggs, they would do something else obviously. The eggs are supposed to appear instantly like they were supposed to before so I'm guessing the eggs and key stuff won't be the same like before. They would have to modify Heggy's Shed or something.

It would be cool if there were egg nests plus a door in every level. Eggs in the first 6 levels and the ice key in Hailfire Peaks like before and you'd have to hatch the eggs in certain spots after they are placed, I dunno.

• Zelda Eternity

Weapon Master

りしゅ にっぽん わたし です。
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:36:28 pm »
omg, i love banjo-tooie, even more then the first one, i never got around to beating tooie though, so damn long, took longenough to 100% the first one,lol
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 05:44:05 pm »
I maintain that the Banjo series is the only reason I want an Xbox.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 06:00:33 pm »
  • The Mike
I maintain that the Banjo series is the only reason I want an Xbox.
That was pretty much my reason until I got into other games like Orange Box and Fallout 3.

• Zelda Eternity

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 09:34:42 am »
  • Silly cat!
Super-sharp HD graphics?

Banjo-Kazooie on the XBLA didn't look any different, did it? I don't suppose this one will update the models either... probably the textures, though.

Hoffy.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 03:52:27 pm »
  • The Mike
Super-sharp HD graphics?

Banjo-Kazooie on the XBLA didn't look any different, did it? I don't suppose this one will update the models either... probably the textures, though.
I think it means that the graphics are "super-sharp" for "HD" or something like that meaning they will look as nice as the BK XBLA graphics but obviously better.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 04:05:01 pm »
[The] bear and bird can now rely on the extra grunt supplied by the Xbox 360, bringing with it silky-smooth frame rates and super-sharp HD graphics.
i.e. a joke, because the graphics are the same and the frame rate was already smooth because it was a cartridge game. So no, no model updates.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 05:39:18 pm »
God it better not be 1500 points like BK was.

That is way too much for a damn N64 game.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 02:01:39 am »
  • The Mike
[The] bear and bird can now rely on the extra grunt supplied by the Xbox 360, bringing with it silky-smooth frame rates and super-sharp HD graphics.
i.e. a joke, because the graphics are the same and the frame rate was already smooth because it was a cartridge game. So no, no model updates.
The frame rate would go pretty low in Banjo-Tooie on N64. When the time comes, playing Banjo-Tooie on XBLA will feel different as if you were playing BK again.

BK was 1200 points unless it's different in the US. I got BK XBLA free thanks to preorder! XD

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 02:17:20 am »
The frame rate would go pretty low in Banjo-Tooie on N64. When the time comes, playing Banjo-Tooie on XBLA will feel different as if you were playing BK again.

BK was 1200 points unless it's different in the US. I got BK XBLA free thanks to preorder! XD

So did i :P

I didn't even pre-order Crap and bolts.

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 04:19:59 am »
  • :D
Er... Framerate has nothing to do with cartridge or disk-- loading is what is usually reduced with cartriges.  Framerate problems are usually because there is too much happening at once on screen, so the game slows down-- this can happen with any type of storage medium.  However, the 360 is perfectly capable, so this shouldn't be a problem on the 360.  Also, the HD-ness actually DOES make a difference-- the resolution is bigger than with the n64.  It looks a LOT sharper and clearer, there is a HUGE difference. 

EDIT:  I suggest you look at this (view HD version)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41027.html

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:29:45 am by a Hint of Lime »
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 04:36:53 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
Super-sharp HD graphics?

I think it means that the graphics are "super-sharp" for "HD" or something like that meaning they will look as nice as the BK XBLA graphics but obviously better.
It means it won't look like !@#$% on your HDTV. Play the N64 version on a big HDTV and you'll see what they mean.

Can't wait to play through Tooie again! Unlike the original, I never got all the Jiggies in Tooie. I started playing it a couple years ago, but stopped when the live arcade version was announced. Stop N Swop better not be a cop-out. >:(
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 05:54:06 am »
  • Silly cat!
Actually, Banjo-Tooie had terrible framerate issues on the N64. But Rare, being the sly devils that they are, actually enabled Expansion Pak support to use that extra bit of RAM for fixing it up a little.

Super-sharp HD graphics?

It means it won't look like !@#$% on your HDTV. Play the N64 version on a big HDTV and you'll see what they mean.
I actually went and did this just now.

And, oh...

Hoffy.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 02:25:28 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah it involves the actual models scaling to your resolution instead of just the picture
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 88 queries.