Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What games would you like to see remastered  (Read 11411 times)

Re: What games would you like to see remastered
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 06:28:32 am »
I'd like to see some of Capcom's less mainstream titles get remakes... Namely Little Nemo the Dream Master... One of my favorite non-megaman titles from Capcom.
/\ This, or some of Capcom's other games

Zelda 1 is an interesting idea, that would be interesting to play...

OR I'd like to see a remastering (or remake) of Battletoads, what could be done with that now?

I would wish for a relook at least of Rocket Knight Adventures/ Sparkster, but Konami already has the idea :D :D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxOBcXCieM4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxOBcXCieM4</a>

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 07:03:05 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I loved those games! Too bad the art direction is really bad in the 3D version :/
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 07:13:57 am »
I loved those games! Too bad the art direction is really bad in the 3D version :/
yeah, it isn't the best for sure... but still looks fun (hopefully) *pleads*

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 07:27:52 am »
Personally I'd like to see something like Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World redesigned in nice HD. Pokemon Red and Blue would be cool too, except keeping the same top-down view... it'd basically look like a HD Animal Crossing. I'd also redesign the original Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy like this, but only because I love classics.

Oh man that is a horrible idea. Leave those games alone, please. They look and play much better in there pixelated form. If they convert them to HD, the feel and effect get totally destroyed. Because you would get people whinning about that they don't like the direction the games were taken.

No thank you classics should remain classics. Don't convert them. Leave them pixelated.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 08:08:28 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I actually started on a high res pack for Dobutsu no Mori, but didnt get very far as I couldn't enjoy the game :P

The grass/leaves
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 01:36:37 am »
  • Silly cat!
Personally I'd like to see something like Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World redesigned in nice HD. Pokemon Red and Blue would be cool too, except keeping the same top-down view... it'd basically look like a HD Animal Crossing. I'd also redesign the original Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy like this, but only because I love classics.

Oh man that is a horrible idea. Leave those games alone, please. They look and play much better in there pixelated form. If they convert them to HD, the feel and effect get totally destroyed. Because you would get people whinning about that they don't like the direction the games were taken.

No thank you classics should remain classics. Don't convert them. Leave them pixelated.
I disagree completely, and I think you've misunderstood me slightly, but whatever.

Hoffy.
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 01:45:47 am »
Oh G-Police!
Maybe we'll get that 3rd game aswell!
G-Police! Respect.

Wait, Somebody else has actually HEARD of those games?! Thank god for that. Was getting worried, thought I was imagining games -_-

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 02:02:34 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Space Quest, Kings Quest, and Police Quest.
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 03:17:51 am »
Castlevania 1 - 3 along with the Gameboy(not advance) games.
U.N. Squadron into 3d
Resident Evil 2 <---must
Kingdom Hearts first one
Diablo(and maybe 2 :P )
Icewind Dale 2
Starcraft
One of the original Forgotten Realms games from 20 years ago made into a DA:O style
GG Shinobi
Final Fantasy 6,7,8,9,Tactics(psp dont count lol), or the Legends games
SMRPG
Megaman X2
Perfect Dark 64

Long list but meh
  • Super Fan Gamers!

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 04:28:19 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Conker's Bad Fur Day (with original Multiplayer intact) Or more importantly, the Heist multiplayer game >_>
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 04:38:36 pm »
Conker's Bad Fur Day

Seconding this so I can actually get a chance to play it. And SoC cos I missed that :(

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 04:44:31 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Well if you want a remastered version of the story part, the xbox version more than suffices... I personally enjoyed the Heist mp mini game almost as much as the main game, and it wasn't in the remake :[ If I knew how, I'd try to create a source mod of it, but alas, I suck.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 04:57:53 pm »
  • The Mike
Perfect Dark 64
Perfect Dark is coming to XBLA soon with updated HD Textures and such, as well as Xbox Live multiplayer. :)

Conker's Bad Fur Day (with original Multiplayer intact) Or more importantly, the Heist multiplayer game >_>
4J should definite work on this next after Perfect Dark. I mainly played War on the Total War map. It's still fun to this day.

Well if you want a remastered version of the story part, the xbox version more than suffices... I personally enjoyed the Heist mp mini game almost as much as the main game, and it wasn't in the remake :[ If I knew how, I'd try to create a source mod of it, but alas, I suck.
The singleplayer in the xbox version is still is good play though there are some things that are sure to disappoint but I love the updated graphics for it though but it was probably too soon for an overhaul for the game. They should have just stuck with making the sequel but they had to cancel it or put it on hiatus.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 10:23:56 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
I swear I posted in this topic... anyways, Majora's Mask, preferably in Twilight Princess style.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 12:41:02 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
I swear I posted in this topic... anyways, Majora's Mask, preferably in Twilight Princess style.
That would be !@#$% awesome :D
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 01:07:46 pm »
That would be fuggin awesome :D
No it wouldn't. It would completely destroy the harmony that is Majora's Mask.
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 05:15:59 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

Why is that? Is it because "Oh my god Twilight Princess is so stupid, waggle is so dumb get rid of it nintendo you're the worst company in the world!!!!!!!!!".

The graphics of Twilight Princess, ESPECIALLY in the Twilight Realm would fit amazingly nice with Majora's Mask, especially the atmosphere that was given off during the final hours. If just that alone could be given off from N64 graphics, imagine that with much prettier graphics. I wouldn't even mind the Twlight Princess controls (Wii version) if they decided to throw them in.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 05:43:02 pm »

Why is that? Is it because "Oh my god Twilight Princess is so stupid, waggle is so dumb get rid of it nintendo you're the worst company in the world!!!!!!!!!".

The graphics of Twilight Princess, ESPECIALLY in the Twilight Realm would fit amazingly nice with Majora's Mask, especially the atmosphere that was given off during the final hours. If just that alone could be given off from N64 graphics, imagine that with much prettier graphics. I wouldn't even mind the Twlight Princess controls (Wii version) if they decided to throw them in.

The graphics of TP in MM would fit quite well, same if they redid OOT. But yeah "motion control" would ruin it :P
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 05:56:53 pm »

Actually, I am maybe the only one (or at least one of the few) that thinks Nintendo did a great thing by focussing more on user input instead of more visual detail. All that visual detail can look good, but for me it destroys a lot of what made gaming fun.

Two reasons why not:
1) The graphics of N64 games were very low, you needed to imaging the extra details yourself. And everyone imagined it differently and when the game gets a graphics update you'll always discover that the added stuff is not what you had imagined all this time. Ergo, destroying the experience and fun you had of the memory.

2) TP's graphics do not fit MM. Yes, MM had parts that looked dark and menacing and TP's Twilight area's also looked pretty doomed, dark and menacing. But the beauty of MM is that it blended the dark and menacing with vibrant and lightheartedness. TP's graphics are kind of grimy and moody. Even the parts that represent some fun, carnaval and party town still had the grimy and moody aspect in the graphics. MM had far more vibrant colors and graphics that could actually make you forget that the moon was falling. You could use TP's graphics to accentuate the dark and menacing aspect of MM, but you would completely destroy that part of the game, that let you forget that there is an imminent danger.

The graphics of TP in MM would fit quite well, same if they redid OOT.
No it wouldn't. Again the grimy and moody aspects of TP, would ruin the vibrant and lively aspects of OOT.
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 06:04:39 pm »
Yeah cos everything was vibrant and lively when everyone was !@#$% dead ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 77 queries.

anything