Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vice Presidential Debate  (Read 4443 times)

Vice Presidential Debate
« on: October 03, 2008, 04:10:52 am »
I thought more people would be interested in it, rather than watching the Cubs suck it bad in their game today - it's hard to be a fan, but hey, hometown heroes. 

Anyway, did anyone else watch the debate and who do you think won?  The way I see it, Biden progressed through the debate as if he were wearing brass knuckles and Palin as if she were wearing Sock-em-Boppers.  She dispelled the notion that of her bad abilities left over from the Couric interview, but overall it was a little sad to see her spewing lines.  Perhaps my thinking is too partisan.

You?

Re: Vice Presidential Debate
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 04:40:34 am »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
I liked your fist fighting analogy.

Biden was very factual and was quick to address stuff and junk. SHUT UP I'M NOT VERY POLITICALLY MINDED.
However, he kept talking to Gwen, and not the people watching. he didn't look at the camera much.
Then again, he was the handsomest smile ever. <3

I was a little suprised Palin and Biden agreed on all the same sex stuff, however, I'm fairly certain that if elected, McCain will do absolutely nothing positive for same sex couples.

But still no !@#$% gay marriage from either candidate... !@#$%.
But I guess that's what everyone wants. The Status Quo.

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 04:44:35 am »
I thought that Biden connected enough with the American people when he brought up lines about his small town background, about him growing up, or the guy who talked to at a gas station or a Home Depot.  As for gay marriage, a rose by any other name is still as sweet, or love is love.  Sure you don't get the nomenclature, and the diamond of one may be cubic zirconium of another, but meh, it's a safe political stance to not be fully against something.  Republicans are more open to it though because they need all the votes they can to win.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 01:12:50 pm »
How anyone could have thought Palin "won" the debate is beyond me. That would require her going on the attack and actually making Biden look stupid. She just reinforced the stereotype of her being an idiot soccer mom who has no business being the VP candidate.

The problem is Palin had set the bar of expectation so LOW, that the mere fact that she didn't make herself look like an idiot is a win for her. Biden definitely won the debate, but Palin didn't fall flat on her face, so it was a win win.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 10:14:01 pm »
  • Xiphirx
How anyone could have thought Palin "won" the debate is beyond me. That would require her going on the attack and actually making Biden look stupid. She just reinforced the stereotype of her being an idiot soccer mom who has no business being the VP candidate.

The problem is Palin had set the bar of expectation so LOW, that the mere fact that she didn't make herself look like an idiot is a win for her. Biden definitely won the debate, but Palin didn't fall flat on her face, so it was a win win.

THANKS BUT NO THANKS

cakefarts <3
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 05:06:35 am »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
How anyone could have thought Palin "won" the debate is beyond me. That would require her going on the attack and actually making Biden look stupid. She just reinforced the stereotype of her being an idiot soccer hockey mom who has no business being the VP candidate.

fixed'

oh, wait,you say I'm supposed to actually make it funnier or something?

Screw you, hypothetical person pointing out the flaw in my actions! Oh wait, that'd basicly be me...WELL !@#$% ME.

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 09:17:39 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
American elections take too long. And they're so predictable as well, McCain will try to rig the election, but end up being so stupid that Hilary Clinton will get in.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 09:22:11 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Biden was very factual and was quick to address stuff and junk. SHUT UP I'M NOT VERY POLITICALLY MINDED.
However, he kept talking to Gwen, and not the people watching. he didn't look at the camera much.

I was a little suprised Palin and Biden agreed on all the same sex stuff, however, I'm fairly certain that if elected, McCain will do absolutely nothing positive for same sex couples.

This may sound bad, but there are more pressing issues than same sex marriage on the table right now for the candidates to debate over :p

American elections take too long. And they're so predictable as well, McCain will try to rig the election, but end up being so stupid that Hilary Clinton will get in.

Most ignorant comment ever. You win 1 internet for that achievement.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 08:31:09 pm »
  • Xiphirx

This may sound bad, but there are more pressing issues than same sex marriage on the table right now for the candidates to debate over :p

Most ignorant comment ever. You win 1 internet for that achievement.

Can I have an internet?
  • For The Swarm

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 06:02:24 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I feel that Biden won. He knew what he was going to say, and he said it clearly and understandably. Palin stumbled through her answers and she acted as if she had already won. She also referenced McCain and his opinions too much. The debate was about her opinions, not his. Granted, I was already gonna vote for cakefarts, but I still watched this.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 12:56:29 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Are you stupid or just misinformed?

I was really gunning for Mccain up until he took the choice of Sarah Palin as his VP. I know that she was just put in there so that there wouldn't be two old white men on the ticket. He had to find SOME female, and he just chose one. I don't know if that's true, but with the way she talks and acts I would be surprised if it wasn't.
Anyway, did anyone catch the presidential debate yesterday? I missed it.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 07:01:16 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Why do politicians in debates always sound like complete morons?

Sarah-Palin-Example
"Question: What do you think are the causes of climate change?"
"Answer: The causes...I don't...I don't think the causes are important. What we need are the solutions to the...the problem...the causes aren't relevant."

Yes, ignoring the causes and trying random things for no particular reason is CLEARLY THE ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM! It worked in the 13th century, and it'll work today!

I think she was trying to say we need to figure out what can be done to stop the causes, and therefore solve the problem (no !@#$% Sherlock), but the way she worded it was...!@#$% stupid, to say the least, and made it sound as if she was rambling. McCain has a lot of these moments too, and usually ends it by getting everyone to chant USA to make it look like he actually gave a damn answer.

To be honest I think these politicians should all be given one minute to try and form a coherent answer, because otherwise they just look !@#$% stupid.

Or they should let me interview them, because I've noticed (as usual) they NEVER answer the question, but instead always dismiss it as irrelevant. I'd !@#$% push the question until they gave a simple, coherent answer or marched off the stage crying.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 07:03:06 pm by TheDarkJay »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 60 queries.

anything