Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In-Progress RPG realtime-turn based battles(aka Chrono Trigger)  (Read 1924 times)

In-Progress RPG realtime-turn based battles(aka ...
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:27:58 am »
First, you are going to laugh your asses off when you see the sprites and !@#$% I used/made for this...
I have been wanting to make a platform based RPG but with a battle style similar to Chrono Trigger.
The final product will be made with MMF2(Multimedia Fusion 2).  I already know a lot about MMF2, so
I won't be learning stuff, I just will be "coding" if that's what you would call it.  I am still going to keep
learning C++ and PureBASIC, this is just a side project.

I made it an installer because none of you have the .dll required for Click products and I am not going to take the time to find the damned .dll on the internet and post a link when the installer installs the dll anyway.

You can uninstall when you are done.
The keys are just the arrows keys...left right to move up down for the cursor...

It's in the attachments.

So, what are your comments thus far?
(I am going to laugh at the comments on my choices for graphics...even though they are just placers.)

What's Finished:
Walking
Start of Battle
ATB
Cursor
Basic Menu
Ability to choose which enemy to attack
HP System
MP System

To be Completed:
Game Over
Magic----99% Complete(Just need to add sound effects)
Enemy turns----99%(Just need to add sound effects)
Attacking---99% completed(Just need to add sound effects)
EXP
Leveling Up
Save System
Inventory
Status Menu
Running Away

UPDATE: Version 0.03
HUGE UPDATE, yeah I know...it's only been a few hours but whatever.  Magic and attacking are finished though there are a couple of bugs that need to be hammered out.  Sound effects need to be added :( .
You can now choose to attack a different enemy!This works with both attack and bolt. Added a instructions thingy in the beginning.  HP and MP systems now fully implented!(Though nothing happens yet when you reach 0 HP :) .  Enemies actually attack you and do damage though I don't have a way to show you the damage done...it just subtracts it from your HP you have.  Same with attacking the enemy or hitting them with a spell...it lowers their HP but doesn't show you the damage done(*psst* Bolt 1 does 25 damage, Attacking does 15 damage).  When the enemy attacks you, they do a random amount of damage upto 15 HP worth.  Cure 1 heals you by 30 HP.  Bolt 1 costs 6 mp, Cure 1 costs 4 mp...
Um, I think that covers it!

So, how am I doing?  What should I improve on what is already done?(Not what is still "TO DO"...)
I can't change the weird menu controls or else hitting enter for everything you would automatically keep attacking enemy 1 with either a physical attack or bolt and you wouldn't be able to cure :( .

UPDATE:  Version 0.02
Magic animations added.
I refined the ATB gauge and put it in a "WAIT" mode seen in many FF rpgs and Chrono Trigger.
Magic Menu Controls:
Up/Down to move the Cursor
Z to select the magic spell...
The magic doesn't do anything yet, it just shows the animations.  The enemies have yet to be coded.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:10:31 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: In-Progress RPG realtime-turn based battles(...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 09:18:43 am »
Your not the only one working on something new. Me and some GMC buddies are thinking of starting a new genre of gaming
  • Phoenix Heart

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 09:34:10 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Thats pretty sweet, actually :o I can really see that working out nicely in an RPG

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 09:38:26 am »
Yeh I can too. Go fore!!!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 06:16:59 pm »
Ooh?  Wasn't expecting those kind of comments...lol...Thanks! :)

Well, I just woke up and got to get ready for work and another interview.

I haven't uploaded it but I have animations now for magic(Bolt and Cure) as well
as the basic concept of how I am going to do the menu.

The status menu won't take you to "another screen" it'll just open up and the screen will offset from the character.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 04:58:27 am »
UPDATE:  Version 0.02
Magic animations added.
I refined the ATB gauge and put it in a "WAIT" mode seen in many FF rpgs and Chrono Trigger.
Magic Menu Controls:
Up/Down to move the Cursor
Z to select the magic spell...
The magic doesn't do anything yet, it just shows the animations.  The enemies have yet to be coded.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

alirazaq

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 05:03:35 am »
I played v1.0 (i guess) well the one before you updated. Anyways you can't do anything in the battle (err I don't know which keys to press except up down) Anyways the transition is nice I guess. I can't say much as there was not much in there. Also you should ditch the installer thats annoying.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 05:09:22 am »
I played v1.0 (i guess) well the one before you updated. Anyways you can't do anything in the battle (err I don't know which keys to press except up down) Anyways the transition is nice I guess. I can't say much as there was not much in there. Also you should ditch the installer thats annoying.
Have to have installer cuz none of you have the proper DLL required...

The first version didn't have anything programed yet...lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!

alirazaq

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 05:11:44 am »
Well I will try the second version, why not just include the dll? >_> >_>
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 05:17:27 am »
Well I will try the second version, why not just include the dll? >_> >_>
Because the dll has to go in your system32(I think..it may be System) folder...Too much hasle when you can just install it.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 07:14:22 am »
UPDATE: Version 0.03
HUGE UPDATE, yeah I know...it's only been a few hours but whatever.  Magic and attacking are finished though there are a couple of bugs that need to be hammered out.  Sound effects need to be added :( .
You can now choose to attack a different enemy!This works with both attack and bolt. Added a instructions thingy in the beginning.  HP and MP systems now fully implented!(Though nothing happens yet when you reach 0 HP :) .  Enemies actually attack you and do damage though I don't have a way to show you the damage done...it just subtracts it from your HP you have.  Same with attacking the enemy or hitting them with a spell...it lowers their HP but doesn't show you the damage done(*psst* Bolt 1 does 25 damage, Attacking does 15 damage).  When the enemy attacks you, they do a random amount of damage upto 15 HP worth.  Cure 1 heals you by 30 HP.  Bolt 1 costs 6 mp, Cure 1 costs 4 mp...
Um, I think that covers it!

So, how am I doing?  What should I improve on what is already done?(Not what is still "TO DO"...)
I can't change the weird menu controls or else hitting enter for everything you would automatically keep attacking enemy 1 with either a physical attack or bolt and you wouldn't be able to cure :( .
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 10:11:15 pm »
I thought that you guys might not be checking it out for lack of screenies so I made some, you can see them at the first post.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 10:44:54 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Mammy Edit: 9 words, followed by a comma, followed by 3 words, followed by a comma, followed by 7 words, another comma, the word "and" along wth 11 words, then an abbreviation, 3 more words, another comma, and 5 more words followed by punctuation. Then even more words, like 16 or so words and then a smiley

I'm flattered you want to use my art in this, but in seriousness, I lost a lot of my work, and what little I do have might still be going into an FF7-2D created by myself, so they're kinda on reserve. I wish you luck with your project and what you've shown so far has great potential :)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 11:13:22 am by Mamoruanime »
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 60 queries.

anything