Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Contest Idea: Sprite Competition  (Read 6295 times)

Kingknight

SiMelon
Contest Idea: Sprite Competition
« on: June 23, 2009, 02:20:44 am »
  • The Hunter
I've noticed a conflict is going on between the Dungeon Design idea some people disagree, and some people agree that the contest is rigged (too complicated). So, I decided to put another suggestion afoot. I want to suggest we run a pixel/sprite contest. The last time we had one of those was bit ago... anyway I would think it would be fun to pull out the dusty MS Paint and start doing some old fashioned spriting.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: Contest Idea: Sprite Competition
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:28:16 am »
It's really not cool to ditch the contest because of two people whining, especially when the creator isn't here to put forth an effort to fix the problems. Just wait a bit and see, ok? He'll be back next week anyway.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:31:25 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Go !@#$% off Jeod, you !@#$% !@#$% lover.
 Use of foul language towards another member, no matter how justified it may feel is not allowed this is known as flaming.  Please choose your words more wisely from now on.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Jeod

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:34:17 am »
Go !@#$% off Jeod, you fuggin !@#$% lover.

NO U!

Anyway, Kingknight, I kinda see this as you looking for more post counts or whatever. I noticed in Raen's suggestion topic you said you'd be interested in joining. You even registered for Set 4. Instead of bitching like the rest of them bitches, why don't you be supportive and show some progress like me and Darunia are doing? Heck even Darklight showed support. The contest doesn't have to be ruined just because two people don't like it.
 Use of foul language towards another member, no matter how justified it may feel is not allowed this is known as flaming.  Please choose your words more wisely from now on. You did well in reporting the post aimed at you, but responding to it only poked and prodded the other user and was a bad choice.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 02:36:41 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
If someone's !@#$% retarded enough to not enter because of someone else's opinion they need to go take a long walk off a short pier. Stop blaming this on Mammy and myself, !@#$% face.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Jeod

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 02:38:42 am »
I'm not pinning it all on you, DJ. You can stop your tantrum. All I'm saying is that you need to give Raen a chance and wait for him to come back before ditching his contest. I'm pretty sure he'd fix some of those flaws that were mentioned. There's no need to be negative about it.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 02:41:37 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
because of two people whining
Instead of bitching like the rest of them bitches
I'm not pinning it all on you, DJ.
One of these quotes is not like the others.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Kingknight

SiMelon
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 02:41:57 am »
  • The Hunter
Yeah, I know I registered, but after that I thought about it and thought... NOW THAT'S A !@#$% UP IDEA! This might be a little complicated.

Jeod

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 02:43:38 am »
DJ, go look up sarcasm in the Merriam Webster. Oh and I'm agreeing that the contest has some flaws, but I'm also saying that you two are making this more complicated than it has to be.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 02:45:55 am »
If someone's !@#$% retarded enough to not enter because of someone else's opinion they need to go take a long walk off a short pier. Stop blaming this on Mammy and myself, !@#$% face.
lol, I must say that they are retarded people.. anyways :P yeah I don't see you or mammy as the problem >_> Jeod you should really calm down you are acting like a dickhead.. KingKnight is not doing this for posts <.< hmm anywys, I think we should wait for Raen since he is in vacations :P.

Jeod

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 02:47:36 am »
:P I'm a dickhead? Kingknight has a rep, that's all I had to say on the matter. DJ and Mammy are fueling a fire. Sure it's flawed and it was just fine for them to mention it in their opinions. But my opinion is that it should have stopped there and not continued to the point where it was all "baw contest sucks make new one plz".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:49:21 am by Jeod »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 02:51:53 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
DJ and Mammy are fueling a fire.
We were over it last night when we stopped posting.

"baw contest sucks make new one plz".
Never said it sucked, and never said I wanted a new one. Just said it was skewed to the point that I lost interest in entering it...
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 02:52:28 am »
:P I'm a dickhead? Kingknight has a rep, that's all I had to say on the matter. DJ and Mammy are fueling a fire. Sure it's flawed and it was just fine for them to mention it in their opinions. But my opinion is that it should have stopped there and not continued to the point where it was all "baw contest sucks make new one plz".
huh? I don't care of KingKnight rep.. just let him be, and DJ and mammy stopped it in the other thread just see Djs post, you actually started it in this thread, and they didn't wanted a new one they just wanted to improve the current one >_> and yes you are a dickhead.

Jeod

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 02:53:50 am »
It's really not cool to ditch the contest because of two people whining, especially when the creator isn't here to put forth an effort to fix the problems. Just wait a bit and see, ok? He'll be back next week anyway.

I hardly call that being a dickhead. But whatever, I'm not going to bother taking part in a petty argument.

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 02:59:46 am »
I don't know how you consider this:
Instead of bitching like the rest of them bitches
anyways.. better wait for Raen.. Dj and Mammy, how would you improve the contest? I must admit that it is complicated somewhat the contest.. but I like it since it is more of a challenge than a contest..

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 03:04:21 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Well last time we had a 2 week challenge (dev contest) alot of entries were incomplete and a lot of people pulled out because of various reasons. As for how to improve it, I just thought it was going to be "Who can design the best (looking) dungeon" as in, maintain a current zelda style, such as LTTP/MC/OOA&S/LA or whatever, but add a twist to it. But whatever, I'm over it. I hope noone else drops out, and maybe a couple more people jump on. I'd like to see the outcome...
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 03:10:55 am »
  • :D
Jeod, stop being kinda dumb.

DJ, stop being an !@#$%.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 03:19:06 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
This is making me do this:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXV3zzTEV20" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXV3zzTEV20</a>

Anyway; It's not really *whining about the competition*; I stated my peace and gave a word of warning that it's not going to be possible to judge it correctly. Instead of being intelligent and saying "hey yeah the current structure is really going to suck for judging it, lets see how we can rework it a bit to make it better", there were stupid responses of "olo playing zelda with a walkthru is fun so we're guna maek dunjunz liek dat cuz itz tha only wai i kan beet zelda".

It was a word of warning that your voting is going to be based on the person making the dungeon, and how *pretty the layout is*, instead of what the contest was originally based on- the intricacies and fun of the dungeon.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 03:25:47 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Jeod, stop being kinda dumb.

DJ, stop being an !@#$%.
*shrug* I'm not the one who drug bull !@#$% from last night into this topic. I was just defending myself.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Kingknight

SiMelon
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 02:21:40 pm »
  • The Hunter
Jeod what part of "another suggestion"  do you not understand? It was just a damn suggestion calm the !@#$% down
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 77 queries.

anything