Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Down Time  (Read 12944 times)

Re: Down Time
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2008, 07:17:03 pm »
  • Minalien
Show me what you currently have as far as the source for the CP.
It's not open source. What does that have to do with anything?
If it's a community project, then it should be open to everybody, for anything, on request. We don't even have proof that he's made progress on it. And by not giving out current copies of the source, he effectively cuts other programmers out of the loop, and prevents others from being able to offer suggestions for improvement of the product.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2008, 07:20:58 pm »
Wow, min thats really childish there is a DEMO and if you are going to quote part of it atleast read all his post:
It's not open source. What does that have to do with anything?

You know what, this topic isn't the place to be arguing this. Obviously the staff made the decision they thought was best and I'm not going to try and change it. I disagree with it and think it's hypocritical that the SDK gets a board of its own (hmm, wonder why that may be. Infini is developing it, maybe, and he's an administrator? Can't contradict that logic).

Whatever, at least now that it's archived the key people working on it can stop dealing with billions of random invalid ideas and pressure from people to release source code (which I was going to do later anyway).

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2008, 07:22:39 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Scooternew has been releasing demos, you know. And they're pretty good. And when was the last time you contributed anything to the CP, Min? As Kren said, Scooter will give it to anyone who wants to work on it or has contributed on the CP. I don't remember you contributing anything to it. So maybe you should if you want to help. Maybe then you can help instead of just whining about it! The only thing I'm good at is ideas, and I've contributed a whole hell of a lot of them! You? Nothing I know of!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2008, 07:30:21 pm »
  • Minalien
Scooternew has been releasing demos, you know. And they're pretty good. And when was the last time you contributed anything to the CP, Min? As Kren said, Scooter will give it to anyone who wants to work on it or has contributed on the CP. I don't remember you contributing anything to it. So maybe you should if you want to help. Maybe then you can help instead of just whining about it! The only thing I'm good at is ideas, and I've contributed a whole hell of a lot of them! You? Nothing I know of!
That would probably be because I don't give a rat's ass about developing Zelda fan games. But, if it is a "ZFGC community project", then anybody should be able to request any part of it that is complete at any time to see progress on it. Regardless of whether they've "contributed". Otherwise, where the hell is the the "community" aspect of it? What if somebody who wishes to help on the programming front wants to see what has been completed, and what is available at the moment? Then he should be able to get the !@#$% so that he is able to help out :/

As for the plans to release the source later anyways, THAT ISN'T NOW, AND THAT ISN'T ON REQUEST. Releasing it "later" doesn't help people to help now.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2008, 07:34:54 pm »
Patience is a virtue, you know. Also, I think someone once said that the CP is no longer really a community project. That said, think about this. It's been in production for how long? and it has been called the Community Project since the start. The CP is now archived, but you can still post there. ZFGC is Zelda Fan Game Central, and has always been called that (notwithstanding the other incarnations in its checkered past). Even though before there weren't many Zelda fan games. Now there is an influx of them. And the CP? anyone can post there (I think) despite it's being archived. Everyone in this forum is a potential idea giver for the CP. Or sprite maker. Or coder. We have the base staff, and I'm sure any other help would be appreciated. And one last thing. If you don't give a damn about making Zelda games, A. Why are you here? and B. Stop complaining about something you don't care about!

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2008, 07:35:07 pm »
That would probably be because I don't give a rat's ass about developing Zelda fan games. But, if it is a "ZFGC community project", then anybody should be able to request any part of it that is complete at any time to see progress on it. Regardless of whether they've "contributed". Otherwise, where the hell is the the "community" aspect of it? What if somebody who wishes to help on the programming front wants to see what has been completed, and what is available at the moment? Then he should be able to get the !@#$% so that he is able to help out :/

As for the plans to release the source later anyways, THAT ISN'T NOW, AND THAT ISN'T ON REQUEST. Releasing it "later" doesn't help people to help now.
hmm... Well why would you request what is completed when they are demos? the demos serve that function, they help people see what it has been done regardless of wheter they've contributed. Well if someone wishes to help he can simply ask scooternew what is missing, and then scooternew can easily give him the Source so he can do that part. And releasing demos help people to see what is done and that there is actual job done, there is no need to release soruce code when the they are demos about what is done, so that should help enough to make people help now,
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2008, 07:49:19 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Scooter said it's not open-source. That means it's not a community project.

Anyways, it can't be a community project if it isn't supported by ZFGC.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2008, 07:51:48 pm »
Scooter said it's not open-source. That means it's not a community project.

Anyways, it can't be a community project if it isn't supported by ZFGC.
sigh, he said that he was going to release it later on. I don't want to see a year of work done for nothing just because the code hasn't been released..

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2008, 07:52:39 pm »
Exactly, Pyro. For the longest time ZFGC was without Zelda Fan Games. Now the CP is not a community project. It's a CP in name only. And I have no problem with that. 

Also, it will be open source, eventually. Patience, people. patience.

• Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 55 queries.

anything