Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda 2 sprites & mockups  (Read 11914 times)

Alianger

Zelda 2 sprites & mockups
« on: February 07, 2007, 01:00:11 pm »
Hello everyone. This is my first post here.. it was going to be a project announcement at first, but I'm not sure I can put the time needed into it so I'll just post some sprites and perhaps it'll motivate someone to use them in their own creations.. platform style Zelda needs some love too  :dance:
C&C is of course appreciated, and give credit if you want to use anything.

Here's a mockup of a third palace remake:

And a huge remake of the first palace, mostly made up of edits:
http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1v09tc3.png

Wisedumbmonkey

Re: Zelda 2 sprites & mockups
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 01:14:52 pm »
It looks very nice. I could never even get past the second dungeon in Zelda 2.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 01:17:55 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Damn, never thougt I'd say this about AOL, but that doesn't look half bad.
In fact, I got a little secret of my own...
It looks great. ;P

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni

Hyrule_SwordsMan

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:45:44 pm »
When I first saw that screen shot I said.... O_o    man! thats fcuking awesome!! I love zelda II, in fact its one of my favourites zelda games. The bakground is awesome but Link needs work.
I'm a spriter. I'm actually working for another game but if you want I can help you with this excelent Idea!!!
(I'm fascinteed!! :D)
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 02:10:44 pm »
Oh. Wow. That is pwnsome. I... :o. Now I remember why AoL was my favourite fangame after TP.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 02:22:42 pm »
  • :3
it looks really good dude keep on :) but you should chance the link colors it doesn't fit the rest
  • daniel-kun

Hyrule_SwordsMan

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 02:30:22 pm »
I made link (custom) with and without the magical sword and magical shield. I think that those colors doesn't fit the rest but I can change them also.

Alianger

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 05:05:07 pm »
Whoa, didn't expect so many positive replies to this, thanks all :D
Yeah, the Link sprite definitely needs work but there are two good reasons it looks like that. a) It's probably the most important sprite and not wanting to screw it up I was saving it for last, and b) Upon realizing how much work it takes to program anything worth playing, I submitted all my work to the Z2E project over at http://forums.thegaminguniverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8. Their intention is to first and foremost complete an identical version of Zelda 2 with only graphical and audio upgrades. This means I couldn't mess around too much with poses and the size of the sprites since the game mechanics were to be kept as in the original. Unfortunately they're not making muc progress over there, so I figured I might as well post my stuff here.

@Hyre_SwordsMan - If you're willing to edit my sprites or contribute with your own then that's great, though I can't promise that it will turn into a playable game anytime soon :P You can find the rest of my work in here: http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e125/Alianger/

I really like what you did with the Link sprite, it has a lot more character and the colors are much better. I hope you don't mind, but I took a few minutes to edit yours a bit, mainly the shading and the black outline. Still not sure if it fits the backgrounds any better, but it's a step in the right direction.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 05:21:08 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
WoW! That is insanely outstanding! I'm pretty sure that if you remake all the tiles and sprites into your style, many programmers will be happy to make the game with you, the reason being a platform game isn't the hardest type of game to make. At least I hope some of you ZFGMakers will take a serious look into this one.

Hyrule_SwordsMan

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 05:39:33 pm »
Check this closely:

You have changed it because you thought that the orange dots were the light, but thats not it.
Check a drawing of the magical sword:
Its suppossed that in Zelda II link was 'wearing' all the equipment from zelda I. That includes the magical sword and the magical shield..
BUT in this drawing link has the magical shield, but a new sword :S
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 07:08:47 pm »
Looks nice but AOL sucks ass in my opinion.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 07:18:06 pm »
Looks nice but AOL sucks ass in my opinion.

Uh, I'm not so sure I agree with you. Why do you hate it?!

Anyway, still, BRILLIANT SPRIETERS :) :)

Alianger

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 07:41:05 pm »
Check this closely:

You have changed it because you thought that the orange dots were the light, but thats not it.
Its suppossed that in Zelda II link was 'wearing' all the equipment from zelda I. That includes the magical sword and the magical shield..

Oh you meant The magical sword :) Sorry, Im just not as hardcore when it comes to the first LoZ. But if you're going to nitpick on the sword, then why no brown tights for the legs, correct colors on the shield, and why no yellow detail on the cap? :P Seriously though It'd be cool to see it animated.

I can see why someone would think AoL.. sucks ass isn't on par with other games in the series. But that's what remakes are for. If I were to finish it, it would be closer to Actraiser and/or the Monster World series.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 07:44:39 pm by Alianger »

OSM

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 08:06:23 pm »
  • ilu ZFGC <3
Jesus christ. This is goddamn AMAZING.

Chesu

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 10:46:30 pm »
I would definately play this game... Someone make it! >_>

Hyrule_SwordsMan

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 11:01:18 pm »
Check this closely:

Oh you meant The magical sword :) Sorry, Im just not as hardcore when it comes to the first LoZ. But if you're going to nitpick on the sword, then why no brown tights for the legs, correct colors on the shield, and why no yellow detail on the cap? :P Seriously though It'd be cool to see it animated.

I can see why someone would think AoL.. sucks ass isn't on par with other games in the series. But that's what remakes are for. If I were to finish it, it would be closer to Actraiser and/or the Monster World series.

You want to know why?

because I forgot XD
But ill fix it soon! :)

EDIT: I've made it really fast! lol
Ive conserved some of the changes you've made and some i didn't. :) I've changed those colors for ya! ^^

EDIT2 ^^: Here Ive made link with the sword of the drawing:
or this
I personnally like more the second one
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:18:27 pm by Hyrule_SwordsMan »
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 11:56:53 pm »
O.O those are  some incredible sprites, AoL was my least favorite Zelda game, but if someone made a remake with those sprites I might play it.
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 12:16:45 am »
Holy jeez! This is by far the best remake of Adventure of Link's graphics I have ever seen! I really hope that you either make this into a game or team up with a game programmer to make it. Because this is utterly amazing! ;D
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 12:23:57 am »
Although I am working on a project of my own,I am willing to do some starter programming stuff for this.I've beaten AoL 3times and love it.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Alpha365

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 02:44:52 am »
WTF this is  AMAZAZING OMG its  I hate AoL but this is the best mockup ever(is this a mockup?)  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 74 queries.