Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Call of duty 5 probaly in WWII setting >_<  (Read 1219 times)

Call of duty 5 probaly in WWII setting >_<
« on: February 11, 2008, 01:18:57 am »
There's this rumor going on that Call of duty 5 will be in World War II setting. I think this is a big !@#$% mistake! I mean how much WWII games can we have? Call of Duty 4 was really nice mainly because the setting was modern warfare. In my opinion we have shot to much germans and Japanese guys in the last decade. Going back to WW2 setting is a big step downwards for the Call of Duty serie if you ask me.

Your thoughts?

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: Call of duty 5 probaly in WWII setting >_<
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 01:19:59 am »
  • b e p i s
Kill this series. Kill World War X games. I'm so goddamn sick of seeing them.

Unless someone makes a good Korean War or World War I game, then destroy them forever.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 01:21:18 am »
WW3 would be nice.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:23:51 am »
WW3 would be nice.
I agree, but we don't know when a WW3 will happen so it could be in like 24 hours or 300 years if you get my point. XD
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 01:30:54 am »
It will be in WW time period. Its already been announced.

tight butthole I'd like too see a game based on the Falkland War. And more Modern based war games :)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 01:58:44 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Why don't we have games like this for old wars like the Revolutionary War? 

O yea, all they did was march at each other and shoot, nothing else...
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 02:33:34 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I think Korean War would be original or...GASP...world war 1!
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 03:12:23 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I don't care what they're saying, in the end it's not going to happen. Just compare gamer's opinions of CODIII to CODIV and you'll see that we know the not-to-distant future is a !@#$% goldmine for FPS. Any developer would be stupid to go from a new advance that we love to an old piece of !@#$% that the gaming community has lost it's care for.
Oh, and I can't see a WWI game, guys. Trench warfare has got to be the least stimulating combat since that whole "poke your enemy with a stick in his sleep" thing Native Americans used. Seriously, who's going to want to fire hail marry artillery for a few minutes, and then move pathetically slowly towards your target? Not me. Now that we bing up the idea of a Korean war game, that could be interesting.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 04:28:28 am »
I don't care what they're saying, in the end it's not going to happen. Just compare gamer's opinions of CODIII to CODIV and you'll see that we know the not-to-distant future is a !@#$% goldmine for FPS. Any developer would be stupid to go from a new advance that we love to an old piece of !@#$% that the gaming community has lost it's care for.
Oh, and I can't see a WWI game, guys. Trench warfare has got to be the least stimulating combat since that whole "poke your enemy with a stick in his sleep" thing Native Americans used. Seriously, who's going to want to fire hail marry artillery for a few minutes, and then move pathetically slowly towards your target? Not me. Now that we bing up the idea of a Korean war game, that could be interesting.
This man speaks the truth.
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 08:42:28 am »
WW3 would be nice.
Resistance: Fall of Man could be interpreted as such...

Anyway, !@#$% yes, I haven't even bothered trying a WWII shooter in years -- they need to just give up recreating the same war with different characters.  The sad thing is that they'll keep releasing them because dumb fucks keep buying them, (it's the same thing with all EA Sports' yearly rehashes).  I realize that some are good, but I'm personally a big fan of originality. COD4 was definitely a move in the right direction.  Honestly though, I prefer my shooters to be completely outside of what would be considered realistic.  (For instance Doom 3, the Half-Life series, BioShock, Far Cry, FEAR, etc.)

I realize that taking the risk of making a game that isn't a "tried and true" best seller isn't easy for developers considering the cost of developing full length games in the current generation, but still, I'd like to see them try.  Look at Portal -- it was a bite-sized, low-cost experiment in experimental first person games.  If a game is questionable in it's profitability, make it short and sweet to see how the audience reacts to it and go from there.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 11:17:11 am »
The jobs page for the Call of Duty 3 developers were looking for World War II-esque designers. It's almost guaranteed.

And who cares. As long as the game is good.
the a o d c
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 11:57:53 am »
I don't care what they're saying, in the end it's not going to happen.

They have already said its going to be WW time period though. Call of Duty 4 was an excellent game yes, possibly the best war game ever made tight butthole. But to me it wasn't the setting that made me enjoy it so damn much. It was how they tackled morality of killing people, and how they progressed the story. Such as; (Spoiler)

The way they used President Al Ashads death scene. and the Death from above mission.

If they stuck to the, portraying what war is actually like and what the soldiers have to cope with, instead of Mister Indestructible who can take on onslaught after onslaught of enemy, then the game would be an excellent game no matter the setting.
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 12:08:30 pm »
They can still improve on the WWII genre I think. I've always enjoyed those games. I've only played Medal of Honor with all it's expansions and Call of Duty 2, which is still a nice game. Call of Duty 3 was simply a console version wth the same, or worse graphics than part 2. Besides, it wasn't even made by Infinity Ward.

Maybe one more WWII shooter to end them all.  XD
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 09:15:35 pm by Kleaver »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 12:14:12 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

:P I think they've been saying that for about 10 years now lol
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 12:16:38 pm »

:P I think they've been saying that for about 10 years now lol

11th year lucky, hey :P

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 12:25:42 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I have to admit though, my favourite WWII (almost) game is Resistance Fall of Man :P (yeah yeah yeah I know, alternate reality, WWII *COULDNT* happen in it, but close enough)... That game was somethin else :o
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 12:27:03 pm »
I have to admit though, my favourite WWII (almost) game is Resistance Fall of Man :P (yeah yeah yeah I know, alternate reality, WWII *COULDNT* happen in it, but close enough)... That game was somethin else :o

Its one of my favourite games, Looking forward too the sequel :3. But I just LOVE Uncharted
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 69 queries.

anything