Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tile Identification  (Read 753 times)

Tile Identification
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:37:46 pm »
As some people know, i was once working on a tileset optimizer, and on of the main problems with it, was the usability of the tileset, to combat that i created a method that would "compare" the side pixels of all of the tiles and see which ones would fit best together, the one issue with doing it that way was that while some tiles matched better than others, even though they weren't the tiles that were supposed to match up.

anyway.. i need some better ideas on how i should attempt it.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: Tile Identification
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:41:34 pm »
  • hungry..
Is this for a tileset that is already split up, rather than like a "screenshot" of an area? If so, I suppose you could use the method you used before, but also do something like take an average of the colours that exist in the tiles and the ones with the closer averages should match better. However, that won't always work I suppose, due to the small size of tiles anyway.
  • My Blog
Re: Tile Identification
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 05:35:18 pm »
yeah, already split up.  that was the suggestion i recieved first time round, however it wouldn't help increase the accuracy of the tileset

come to think of it, the problem tiles i have are with symetrical patterns, take the large lttp tree for example, if you split it in half, each side is a mirror image, and because of that, each mirrored piece matches up with its counterpart

a method i've been trying to develop, is one where it filters out distinctive lines which i figure i could use somehow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 43 queries.

anything