Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: [Game] TLOZ: Chaos Rising  (Read 56909 times)

Re: [Engine released] TLOZ: Chaos Rising
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2012, 07:24:02 pm »
Any chance of us seeing any Rocs in the game?
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2012, 11:13:01 am »
Show content
The large roc that you had to beat on that tower dungeon in Links Awakening will not make an appearence in this game, however you will encounter the bird guy with his flute at a certain point in the game.
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2012, 11:46:05 am »
I have been thinking, this game is named Chaos Rising, the endboss will be a manifestation of Chaos itself.
The question is how does Chaos look. I'm actually rather bad at spriting, so suggestions / examples for how chaos could look are appriciated.
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2013, 03:21:01 pm »
I am beginning to see why I dont have any other objects that exist out of 2 objects that have to work as one, having 2 objects to work together as one mini-boss wile both of them have a movement part in it seems to be a problem for me. I've posted something in the coding section, if anyone has some extra time, please do look at it.
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2013, 06:53:54 pm »
Uh oh! Is that a creativity block that I am seeing?  :o
Games that I support:

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2013, 08:50:33 pm »
Only a small one, it seems to affect some part of the game development, currently that means I am unable to make less complex scripts( I do have an idea about the end-boss by now). I'm currently thinking in a to difficult way about scripts, forgetting about easy solutions. Lucky for me Martijn does not have that problem, so it seems to have been solved.

Progress still continues.
Re:[New Trailer Feb2013] TLOZ: Chaos Rising
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2013, 11:23:57 pm »
Its been almost 3/4 year that I have actually shown something here in stead of the ' few short message updates' that I have posted during that time so I have decided that it is time for a small trailer. Warning, if can be considered a spoiler as this enemy will appear in game.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUKfVLtpBtU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUKfVLtpBtU</a>

Sorry for the lack of sound, but I still dont have a microphone to record the ingame sound together with the video.

Note: This place is not yet 100% completed ( as for instance it is still missing a few text messages ).

thestig

Re:[New Trailer Feb2013] TLOZ: Chaos Rising
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2013, 11:28:04 pm »
Its been almost 3/4 year that I have actually shown something here in stead of the ' few short message updates' that I have posted during that time so I have decided that it is time for a small trailer. Warning, if can be considered a spoiler as this enemy will appear in game.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUKfVLtpBtU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUKfVLtpBtU</a>

Sorry for the lack of sound, but I still dont have a microphone to record the ingame sound together with the video.

Note: This place is not yet 100% completed ( as for instance it is still missing a few text messages ).
You may be the second person on this forum to actually complete a fan game! haha. Keep on going man because I like what you have so far.

Though you should add more variety to the enemy. He seemed to be too sluggish with his actions and very low variety in what he does in general. If that makes sense? Make him faster and maybe make him have more attacks?
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2013, 09:20:09 am »
Thank you for the reply, replies like this one make one want to make more progress .

Well, I could make him a bit faster, but making him have more attacks might not be that good an idea. This trailer was made during a test of serveral things, so I had a lot more health then when you actually have to face him. You meet this one rather early in game.

But I'm always open for suggestions to improve the game, so every idea is appriciated.

------------------------------------
* edit: increased its speed with 20%
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:30:35 am by Atom »

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2013, 05:45:58 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
Looks like you have a solid engine :D. Keep up the good work man!
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2013, 09:19:03 pm »
Small update for those who have been wondering about the progress off the last 2 weeks:

Haven't made anything new, been improving some boss AI's to make them a bit harder and fixed a few bugs that some of them seemed to have when a fight lasted longer then a few minutes. Goal for this weekend: finish creation of the dungeon 6 miniboss.

Re: [Feb 2013 Trailer] TLOZ: Chaos Rising
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2013, 08:26:02 pm »
I'm currently working on a small change, meaning replacing one dungeon boss with something that fits the storyline better.
For this I have a request. I am wondering if anyone has ( or is willing to make me, as I am not that good at gb spriting ) the lttp helmasaur into a gb style helmasaur. I would prefer it to be blue, but if anyone has a gb version I can do the color swap myself.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/zeldalinkpast/sheet/7645

for a view of the lttp version.
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2013, 05:44:35 pm »
Well, its been another month without any progress. I kinda took another small break.
I seem to do that rather often when things don't work as I want them to do.
I've done one small thing last weekend, and would like to hear some comments on this.
As I'm not one of the best spriters I would like to hear some suggestions to improve if you think its needed.
One with helmet, one without, legs and tail have not yet been added.
Re:TLOZ: Chaos Rising
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2013, 09:50:30 am »
As I'm nearly done with the dungeon bosses / minibosses creation part of this game I thought it might be time for a new screenshot.

The Corrupted Fairy Queen performing an attack:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:52:05 am by Atom »
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2013, 08:00:58 pm »
Well, these last few weeks I've been slowly workingon the endboss of Chaos Rising. All other bosses and minibosses have been completed.  ( yes slowly, its way to good weather here in NL to be at the pc that much )
Like almost every endboss it has multiple shapes, some are now done, some are not yet.
Attached is one of the shapes I am currently working on, but I am wondering what would be a good way to animate its wings?
( of course other comments about the sprite are good too, and yes I know it has rather small feet, but then its not really that much of a walking enemy )
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2013, 07:40:15 pm »
Good news, while there was no reply I managed to make that animation.
I can now inform you all that this part of the game design is done.
All Bosses and Mini-Bosses have been completed. For the next 1 or 2 weeks I am going to bug test and fix a few things from other parts of the game in which I noticed a few things. Then after that its time to bring the village people / village animals into the game.
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2013, 05:38:41 pm »
Does that mean that you're close to being finished?
Games that I support:

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2013, 06:39:45 pm »
well, I guess that depends on your definition of close to being finished.
That I have finished work on the end boss does not mean everything to the end boss has been done.
I split this project into several parts and some of them are done:

storyline design: done
world design: done
dungeon design: done
engine including things like movement, menu's, enemies and others: done

create villagers / animals: in progress
add the mini games: to do
add the few remaining other world objects: to do
Background music (controll object): to do
decide on proper amount of enemies in rooms and place them: to do
add some cinematics: to do
bugtesting and fixing: to do

« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2013, 07:55:38 pm »
Done a lot of bug checks, unfortunately also found a certain amount of bugs in the smaller enemies.
The rest seems to be working almost without any bugs. ( or at least none that I have noticed during these checks ) As I consider it very important to have the enemies working perfectly I'm may be investing one more week in this debugging then i had planned. Better have a small delay then one of the most important parts of the game filled with bugs. And, when they are all debugged that means that the debugging at the end of this project will go a lot faster.
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2013, 11:39:01 am »
Well it has been 1.5 weeks again since the previous post.
I have just fixed the last bug that was on my list.
I have adjusted all 31 normal enemy classes ( from which some have several difficulty classes ).
  • The ones that need so are now better at aiming towards link;
  • All of them have the chance that they walk into a hole drastically decreased;
  • The same goes for walking into lava and deep water;
  • They now properly respond on getting hit, that means they now always bounce back a bit, which previously did  not always work;
  • Some of them have had their health amount adjusted;
  • The difference between a enemy that has just been hit and one that has not been hit has also become more clear to see.
Further more I have also made a slight adjustment to when link himself gets hit, the time duration of the hit ( the flashing ) has been increased by 50%, the bouncing away from the enemy has been increased by 20%.

I am considering making some changes to the drop chance scripts, but not certain about that yet.
For now my next priority will be the villagers.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 77 queries.

anything