Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gibson's Robot Guitar  (Read 1180 times)

Gibson's Robot Guitar
« on: November 27, 2007, 04:56:57 am »
  • MetalRidley was here
Look here: http://www.gibson.com/robotguitar.

It's basically a Les Paul with a CPU that can automatically tune to whatever tuning you want, tell you when it's out of tune, and (help you) set inotation.

I'm really looking forward to getting one of these. Well, looking way forward because I definitely won't be able to afford it for a while :P.
Someday she will be mine. Oh yes, she will be.

THE MUSIC IS REVERSIBLE, BUT TIME IS NOT. TURN BACK... turn back... turn back...

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: Gibson's Robot Guitar
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 05:09:12 am »
  • b e p i s
I just want one because it is called a ROBOT GUITAR. YES.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:14:00 am »
Holy !@#$%. That'd be awsome.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 06:55:37 pm »
  • Pie is God.
Ohhh damn... I want one so baddddd. :(

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 11:36:20 pm »
  • :3
I just want one because it is called a ROBOT GUITAR. YES.

Agree'd.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 06:13:08 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I suck at tuning, and especially tuning to different types. That would be awesome!
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 06:16:31 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
holy !@#$% O_O...

I !@#$% want this marvelous piece of technology lol my guitar goes outta tune SO !@#$% MUCH I cant stand it (I've had work done on it... didnt help :\)... This would make me happy
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 02:58:15 am »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!
Does it fix the muddy toneless sound of the LP?  ;)

I exaggerate of course, but uh, the concept is very interesting.  However, it's just one step closer to the robot rebellion.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 02:07:38 am »
Tuning is easy though, why would you spend that much extra money to have it self tune? Any respectable musician can tune by ear without any trouble at all, and a beginner wouldn't be able to afford that piece of technology. So honestly, what's the point?

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 11:10:36 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Tuning is easy though, why would you spend that much extra money to have it self tune?
I'm pretty sure that about 75% of that cost is for the guitar itself. Thats about the average price for a decent guitar anyway.

Any respectable musician can tune by ear without any trouble at all, and a beginner wouldn't be able to afford that piece of technology. So honestly, what's the point?

uh, bull? Beethoven for one is a respectable musician, and he couldnt tune by ear, granted that's piano tuning, its tuning none the less.
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 11:16:12 pm »
  • MetalRidley was here
Tuning is easy though, why would you spend that much extra money to have it self tune? Any respectable musician can tune by ear without any trouble at all, and a beginner wouldn't be able to afford that piece of technology. So honestly, what's the point?
I can tune just fine, it's just a huge hassle to do anything besides standard and drop D. It usually takes a while to tune every string, then go back and tune another string that changed because of the neck tension. Especially since I'd usually just want to play one or two songs in that tuning, then I'd have to change it back. The price isn't really any different than other Les Pauls, so it's not like you're paying a thousand extra dollars just for the CPU stuff (actually I think Fender makes external auto-tuning things if I remember right). I was planning on a Gibson for my next guitar anyways, so why not go with this?

Bah you posted when I was typing :P. I agree.

THE MUSIC IS REVERSIBLE, BUT TIME IS NOT. TURN BACK... turn back... turn back...
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 11:17:49 pm »
  • :D
Les Pauls are already hella-expensive.  Hell, if I played guitar, and had enough money, I'd get it... I mean it's called the robot guitar.

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 01:27:16 am »
uh, bull? Beethoven for one is a respectable musician, and he couldnt tune by ear, granted that's piano tuning, its tuning none the less.

Piano tuning is a little different from guitar tuning... Besides that, once you have your Piano tuned twice you never have to tune it again (Unless something happens to it :P) Just get a professional to tune it. Besides, even if you can't tune by ear, that's why there are tuners available.

Les Pauls are already hella-expensive.

I realize that, but you're still paying extra for the electronic equipment that you don't really need on it.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 07:21:52 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
BuffaloBurgers- it all has to do with pitch and tone; doesn't matter which instrument it is. Besides, the amount that Beethoven played his piano would have put that thing outta tune a ton
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 63 queries.

anything