Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beowulf (RealD/3D)  (Read 1088 times)

Beowulf (RealD/3D)
« on: November 30, 2007, 02:33:18 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Huh... I always get excited about the movies that nobody ever sees.  I really liked this show.  Everyone complains about how it's animated.  I agree, that it's a bit ridiculous how realistic Angelina and Beowulf look compared to most of the other characters (especially the females and John Malkovich's character), but it was really cool in 3D.  Of course, I wasn't able to see it in IMAX.  Only in RealD, digital projection 3D.  But it still looked pretty great.

Also.  Loved Silvestri's score.  And the script was absolutely brilliant.  Should NEVER have gotten away with a PG-13 rating though.  Animated or not, this is still R-rated material.  In fact, if you've seen the restricted trailers, the only things that I've noticed are change are the following things:

(1) Not as much blood comes out when the lady lands on the spike.
(2) When Beowulf is ripping Grendel's ear, it's been changed to green puss, no longer red blood.
(3) The camera cuts before Grendel rips off the guy's torso.

And the sexual content is innapropriate for 13 year olds.

But I did like the movie a lot.  Just have some beef with their marketing.
Re: Beowulf (RealD/3D)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:08:41 am »
  • Pie is God.
Yeah, I saw it last week. I was actually kinda surprised... I thought it was going to suck. It was actually pretty incredible. And yeah, they kinda half assed the other characters in comparison to the main ones. Still, brilliant animations and brilliant movie. Better than the book by far. :)
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 03:10:25 am »
  • :D
I really disliked it.  I guess I just can't stand these big "epic" movies anymore... they just bore me.  I didn't like the book, but it was fantastic compared to the movie.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 05:20:21 am »
I really disliked it.  I guess I just can't stand these big "epic" movies anymore... they just bore me.

I agree, although that might have something to do with the fact that the last "epic" movie I saw was Eragon, which was just plain awful (as I expected). Beowulf doesn't look all that great to me either, it seems a little too overdone and cheesy. I still might see it though. I mean, I've heard a lot of good things, so I guess it can't be too bad.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 11:25:41 am »
Yeah, Beowulf was freakin' awesome.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 12:24:24 pm »
  • CULKIN DASH!!!
Did anyone else notice the obvious "THIS IS SPARTA; I AM BEOWULF" !@#$%?

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 07:32:03 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Did anyone else notice the obvious "THIS IS SPARTA; I AM BEOWULF" !@#$%?
Except as this is an animated movie it should be obvious the script was done WAY before 300.  As a matter of fact, the motion capture was done before 300 was filmed, if I remember correctly.  Which sucked, so much.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 07:37:23 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I am...hmm, gets idea.

"I am Beowolf" *boot* "This is Sparta!"

Anyway, might go and see the film, depends if I...can...be bothered and...stuff to do with...energy...and...caring and...zzzz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 51 queries.