Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Is murder justified if...?  (Read 12077 times)

Is murder justified if...?
« on: December 19, 2007, 11:36:33 am »
Is it okay to kill someone if the person had it coming? If so, then what justifies "having it coming". Killing someone else?

I would say it is ok to kill someone. As long as that person did something worse than what you do to them to deserve their death. Say they kidnap four kids, rape and kill them in gory ways. That would justify a simple shot in heart IMO. I donno. Convince me otherwise I guess.
Re: Is murder justified if...?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 11:47:29 am »
Is it okay to kill someone if the person had it coming? If so, then what justifies "having it coming". Killing someone else?

I would say it is ok to kill someone. As long as that person did something worse than what you do to them to deserve their death. Say they kidnap four kids, rape and kill them in gory ways. That would justify a simple shot in heart IMO. I donno. Convince me otherwise I guess.

Murder in Self Defence I suppose is justifiable. But only something like; Trying to get someone off you and you break their neck trying to push them away.

Murdering someone for a crime they committed is much like the death sentence, only carried out by vigilantes. And shouldn't be justifiable.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:54:42 am »
  • I need something new to put here...

Murder in Self Defence I suppose is justifiable. But only something like; Trying to get someone off you and you break their neck trying to push them away.

Murdering someone for a crime they committed is much like the death sentence, only carried out by vigilantes. And shouldn't be justifiable.

My opinion exactly.

Nobody or nothing has the right to kill another. Not on purpose anyway.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 04:23:01 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
If it's someone who just murdered three of your best friends, and is advancing on you with a chainsaw, and you have a shotgun in your hands, you have no choice but to kill him. Self-defence.

Whilst the world would be a better place if we just rounded up everyone with undeniable proof (e.g video camera proof they killed someone) and shot them until they were dead, too many people would complain.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 04:33:47 pm »
  • =/
 If you murder a murderer, you are in turn a murderer so should be murdered yourself, no exceptions. There is always a way around something that avoids killing even if you have to die in the process.

If it's someone who just murdered three of your best friends, and is advancing on you with a chainsaw, and you have a shotgun in your hands, you have no choice but to kill him. Self-defence.
Shoot them in the kneecaps then call the police. (A chainsaw is one slow ass weapon btw, he would need to get a good swing to hit anyone with decent reflexes.)
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 04:38:27 pm »
If you murder a murderer, you are in turn a murderer so should be murdered yourself, no exceptions. There is always a way around something that avoids killing even if you have to die in the process.

Shoot them in the kneecaps then call the police. (A chainsaw is one slow ass weapon btw, he would need to get a good swing to hit anyone with decent reflexes.)

You'll still kill them if you shoot them in the knee caps.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 04:43:11 pm »
  • =/

Foot then. Honestly, anything that damages a limp and stops them moving but does not kill them instantly is fine...
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 04:45:06 pm »

Foot then. Honestly, anything that damages a limp and stops them moving but does not kill them instantly is fine...

Well no, you'd shoot for the bigger target, the chest. If you miss, your fuckered. So no point DICK !@#$% around.
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 04:55:38 pm »
  • =/

Well no, you'd shoot for the bigger target, the chest. If you miss, your fuckered. So no point DICK !@#$% around.
So you'd just kill him? You might as well pull the trigger on yourself then because you are going to jail anyways...
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 05:03:58 pm »

So you'd just kill him? You might as well pull the trigger on yourself then because you are going to jail anyways...

I wouldn't I'd shoot him in the leg as I'm confident that with my expierience with weaponary I'd be able to hit him. But for someone who hasn't trained with a weapon (Its not just a case of point and shoot, you've got too take into consideration weight, wind, and kick back) It'd be best to aim for the bigger target.

Also; at the end of the day, the courts will most likely over look it as self defence. I'd only really agree to it if there was absolutly no other option.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 05:34:08 pm »
  • Pie is God.
I only believe in killing someone in self defense. I think the death penalty and 'vigilante justice' are wrong. :P
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 05:37:00 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I think murderers should be placed on an island, with weapons, and they can become their own executioners.

^That's just a random idea I had. I'm not saying it's the best idea, but it's a tough subject.
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 05:49:26 pm »
  • Pie is God.
I think murderers should be placed on an island, with weapons, and they can become their own executioners.

^That's just a random idea I had. I'm not saying it's the best idea, but it's a tough subject.

I actually really like that idea. Thats kinda of brilliant really. :)
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 05:54:02 pm »

We could implement this idea into an Unreal Tournement style game :3
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 05:55:40 pm »
  • =/

lol Until they figure out that they could work together to get off the island...

And Bert, I'm not done with you.... just thinking of a good response.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 05:56:52 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
[This post may or not be sarcasm. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!]

My favourite idea is to bring back the Roman Colosseum. Who wouldn't love to watch a mass murderer fight against ten lions? When I rule the world, I'll do that. I'll also order anyone who disagrees with me is shot. Those who survive my rule will live in a paradise, the collective illusion of existence removed and replaced with one of my creation. MWAHAHAHAHA! Wait, am I typing what I'm thinking again? !@#$%...
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 05:57:56 pm »

lol Until they figure out that they could work together to get off the island...

And Bert, I'm not done with you.... just thinking of a good response.
:-[ *whimper* I be waitin'

[This post may or not be sarcasm. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!]

My favourite idea is to bring back the Roman Colosseum. Who wouldn't love to watch a mass murderer fight against ten lions? When I rule the world, I'll do that. I'll also order anyone who disagrees with me is shot. Those who survive my rule will live in a paradise, the collective illusion of existence removed and replaced with one of my creation. MWAHAHAHAHA! Wait, am I typing what I'm thinking again? !@#$%...

Remove the animal slaughter frm that idea and I'll be your finest warrior.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 06:01:02 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Animal slaughter?
Unarmed man against hungry Lions bred to be perfect fighters...I don't think it's the Lions that will get slaughtered XD
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 06:02:12 pm »
Animal slaughter?
Unarmed man against hungry Lions bred to be perfect fighters...I don't think it's the Lions that will get slaughtered XD

Oh oh oh.... erm...gimmie a sword and several murders and you shall have

WARGASM
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 10:21:30 pm »

According to our government, just stick the person in a womb and it's okay.

Personally, I only find killing in self defense justifiable-- and only IN self defense, like you can't take the gun from someone who was going to shoot you then just shoot them when they're defenseless. I'm also against capital punishment.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:24:54 pm by CelestialEsper »
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 80 queries.

anything