Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where the Wild Things Are!  (Read 946 times)

Where the Wild Things Are!
« on: October 22, 2009, 10:24:46 pm »
Has anyone seen it yet?
I was really surprised when I left the theater. I don't know what I was expecting but that definitely wasn't it. I think it was far too scary for child and the majority of the movies ideas would have went over their heads. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it. The cinematography was really nice to look at and there was an overall consistency that I loved. I also liked how Max's life was echoed through the main monster [who's name I forget] and how he recognized his owns faults from witnessing them in others. There was a lot of subtleties sprinkled throughout the movie that were pretty deep and I just really enjoyed it.

I was reading a review on the movie and I never knew that there were originally supposed to be three books released [I don't know if they ever were or not] and that they were meant to teach children about emotion. Where the Wild Things Are focuses on anger, obviously, and it was cool to see that in the movie they examined several different types of anger and the effects it has on a community.

What did you guys thinkkkkk?
  • My Photostream

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
Re: Where the Wild Things Are!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:19:55 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Meh. If I'm going to a theater any time soon, it's to see Paranormal Activity. But yeah, I'll probably give it a look when it comes out on DVD. If anything, it'll give me a profound sense of nostalgia.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 03:50:01 am »
I actually heard Paranormal Activity was horrible from quite a few people. They said it was pretty interesting, but boring for the most part and not at all scary.  :o
  • My Photostream
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 04:18:17 am »
It was a pretty poor movie  :-\ Like for the style it was in and the acting and all that, it was well done, just not not my cup of tea I guess. I was a little on edge though. Maybe that's just the fact that my eardrum was about to burst from all the giddy females screaming at EVERYTHING!  :P

Just realized it completely switched movies in two posts ha.

You know, I don't think I ever even read the books on the wild things... Guess that's reason not to see the movie :P
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 06:32:40 am by kirkking2000 »
xbox live: kirkking look me up!

your Romanian Captain Kirk speaking....yes i said Romanian....
dang it doesn't sound near as impressive on a worldwide board, than in a class of all Oklahomans, lol

-The non DJ Jordan.

When life gives you lemons, THROW THEM BACK AND DEMAND LIMES!"
thomas combs

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 12:39:23 pm »
  • b e p i s
It really moved me. Like, to the point of tears. The film reminded me a lot of my dad (who is absent, btw) and how my mom has tried so hard to give me a good life. I left the theater crying.

However, I also feel like it is a very good film on its own merit, the writing in particular.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 44 queries.