Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung jumps on the 3D / IMAX Fad  (Read 677 times)

Samsung jumps on the 3D / IMAX Fad
« on: March 14, 2010, 02:45:10 am »
Now, in all honesty, I'm not a fan of 3D movies. I think they're blurry, I feel like my eyes are crossed, they're generally tacked on at the end so the movie makes more money and the shades you have to wear make everything darker. So, you can imagine how discouraged I was after reading this article. Samsung is is releasing a line of 3D capable televisions later this year. Now, there obviously aren't any 3D programs being broadcast, so until that happens, they're selling these TV's with 3D movies as a buffer. Honestly, I sort of feel like they're the "360" as far as TV's go. They're taking something that isn't fully developed and releasing a product way too early. Plus... I think 3D is a gimmick. :P What do you guys think?

http://mashable.com/2010/03/09/samsung-3d-tv-starter-kit/
  • My Photostream
Re: Samsung jumps on the 3D / IMAX Fad
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 03:16:59 am »
I knew they were doing this after they said avatar would be released in digital 3D on dvd.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Re: Samsung jumps on the 3D / IMAX Fad
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:58:35 am »
3D stereoscopic imagery is too old to still be considered a gimmick. It does not surprise me that they are bringing those TV's to the market now. They probably want to beat the competition. I've seen some pretty finished 3D TV's from Phillips and Sharp already.

I've even seen a stereoscopic screen from Sharp where they use it's features to show two different videos/channels at the same time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 40 queries.