Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Request] Spriting Lessons  (Read 1914 times)

[Request] Spriting Lessons
« on: November 24, 2006, 10:14:54 pm »
Yep thats right,spriting lessons. Ive done stupid edits and very disastrous attempts at sprites and am sick of not being able to get any resources. So I was wondering if any of the advanced spriters be willing to teach me how to be a decent spriter? Basics,shading,light sources,depths,ect. I'm very willing to learn and listen well, whatever you tell/teach me will be put to use. I'm not looking for unexplanatory or poorly written tutorials that would do me little good. So anyone willing?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:57:11 pm by 4Sword »

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
Re: request:Spriting Lessons
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 10:54:45 pm »
Doubt that any good pixel-artist is willing to help here... and I recommend that instead of just trying to sprite something, you should make research and reference of other sprites. Study how shading etc should be done, try it on your own sprites until the result satisfies you. Learning it from  others won't make you a good artist. It will hardly even teach you basics.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 11:26:16 pm »
hmm well spriting lessons in general is something hard, i recommend you giving more specifications, or show me your last sprite, and i can tell ya how to fix it. or to give you some C+C.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 01:29:26 am »
I guess just tell me the best way to go about things: how to shade, line art tips, ect. and things to stay away from that might start bad habits. Unfortunatly I've gotten rid of my homemade sprites XD
And fox, I doubt it would do any good seeing as how I wouldnt know why they shaded, how they shaded, ect

Briannabo

The USS Enterprise
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 01:41:57 am »
  • Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain..
You could always find a tutorial to help you. ;D >_>?
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 02:02:32 am »
Well if someone could recommend a good one ::) LTTP style mabye...............
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 05:05:00 am »
honestly, Ive always found spriting tutorials incredibly pretentious, most only try to teach one specific thing and dont show you how to utilize it for anything.
infact, I never looked to a tutorial to learn, the best way is to keep spriting and keep getting crits and advice.
If I were to right a tutorial I think I would spend a few months writing something I think is worth sharing

Faceless

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 05:24:15 pm »
honestly, Ive always found spriting tutorials incredibly pretentious, most only try to teach one specific thing and dont show you how to utilize it for anything.
infact, I never looked to a tutorial to learn, the best way is to keep spriting and keep getting crits and advice.
If I were to right a tutorial I think I would spend a few months writing something I think is worth sharing

Lies! The best way to learn is by studying the top professional pixel art/sprites. Crits often only pertain to the piece they're directed at. As for tutorials, the ones on spriteart.com are reasonable...

LTTP, GBC, and Z1 and 2 aren't going to contain most of the techniques and skills you'll need to develope to become good.

Oh, and natural talent will take you further than hard work ever will.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 05:36:43 pm »
  • your mum said hullo
Yeah, i found going around studying pros and their techniques really helped.

And getting CC helps a lot : D
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 11:59:57 pm »

Lies! The best way to learn is by studying the top professional pixel art/sprites. Crits often only pertain to the piece they're directed at. As for tutorials, the ones on spriteart.com are reasonable...

You are right in that but how you will study something that you don't know how it is made?
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 03:40:59 am »

You are right in that but how you will study something that you don't know how it is made?
Pixel art is made pixel by pixel, usually in paint.  Now you know the secret.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 03:52:53 am »
Ok I'm gonna lock this since the tuts. on SA are really helping. Thanks everyone ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 61 queries.

anything