Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any "new" news about The Legend of Zelda on Wii-U?  (Read 7724 times)

Re: Any "new" news about The Legend of Zelda on ...
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 08:22:25 am »
I think the next Zelda game should be the on Xbox 360 or PS3, and PC. It would be an incredible reboot of the series, with more RPG elements and more complex strategy puzzles in dungeons. online co-op dungeons would be available, as well as PvP.

Is it just me?

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 10:27:39 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Considering that's never going to happen because Zelda is a Nintendo property and they're not going to start letting other systems have one of their prize franchises any time soon, I'm going to have to say yes.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 06:52:07 am »
  • 笑い男
a link to the past wasn't going to be a remake. it was a possibility of a sequel to it.

I've been wondering about that. Of course they already have the VC and so on. I really wonder what they mean to do with alttp on the 3DS, if they were to do something with it.

I think the next Zelda game should be the on Xbox 360 or PS3, and PC. It would be an incredible reboot of the series, with more RPG elements and more complex strategy puzzles in dungeons. online co-op dungeons would be available, as well as PvP.

Is it just me?

So they have the wii remote, and did absolute wonders with it with SS, and they now have a brand new, seemingly incredible interface (especially if the DS is anything to go by), and they're going to throw it all away just so they can sell other companies systems, giving everyone a great reason not to invest in the wii u, by possibly de-evolving the series?

Doesn't sound like anything any sane Nintendo would do in a billion years, if you were serious of course :p

But ignoring that, it depends what you mean with the RPG elements. I think SS was a step in the right direction. But taking it to say how skyrim, fallout etc, how western RGPs work would be a step in a terrible direction imo. If you want such a game, just play such games. Of course it sounds extremely tough to make a great game that works for all players (master quest built in maybe?), and then make it so it works great when played alone, and when played in numbers, it sure would be interesting. Of course that'd only be a good option when doing so really does make the end game more fun though, not just tacking it on just so you can put "co-op: up to 4 players online" on the box.
You have to remember that this is zelda and nintendo, and while they have done stuff like 4-swords and master quests, they value the main gameplay and how fun it is very highly first, and then go from there. Maybe the 3DS zelda will build on all the spot pass (is it?) functionality and the ease of playing multiplayer with friends who have a 3DS and build a fun gameplay system around that. But if the game is to be a normal console zelda adventure, and then the dungeons have to work both in single player AND multiplayer, then that's going to take a lot of work, especially because this is a zelda game, which everyone demands to be polished extremely well. Take any other game's dungeons that work like this and compare them to those in the zelda series.

It sounds like you may be after a game that may not be zelda. I'm sure there are many rpg adventure like games with online co-op and pvp and I'm sure there will be many more to come.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:55:48 am by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Arcaith

Landscape Police
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 10:23:47 am »
  • *ding*
I think taking the Zelda franchise cross platform and into 'heavy' RPG territory would be a terrible idea. It'd take away from what makes it the game what it is.
*MooN*

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 04:22:15 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
i think, they should hire me to be there information guy, so i have all the information on what they do.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 03:30:28 am »
I agree with everyone else too. Keep the style and gameplay that The Legend of Zelda as is. Otherwise, it will fall into some form of an RPG trap that it wasn't meant to look like or be played as. I love RPGs, but after seeing what happened with Final Fantasy XII's style and gameplay (setting an example), it doesn't need to happen again with another legendary franchise. Again, just leave the gameplay and style the way it is and has always been known for. I'm a promoter and supporter of enhancements and improvements, but not 70-100% complete change of pace, structure, etc. (depending of course).
Scott R. Genovese

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 10:43:53 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I agree with everyone else too. Keep the style and gameplay that The Legend of Zelda as is. Otherwise, it will fall into some form of an RPG trap that it wasn't meant to look like or be played as. I love RPGs, but after seeing what happened with Final Fantasy XII's style and gameplay (setting an example), it doesn't need to happen again with another legendary franchise. Again, just leave the gameplay and style the way it is and has always been known for. I'm a promoter and supporter of enhancements and improvements, but not 70-100% complete change of pace, structure, etc. (depending of course).
but

i liked FFXII.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 05:12:22 pm »
The reason why I mentioned Final Fantasy XII as an example is because the fighting style became somewhat of a version of Kingdom Hearts' approach to a battle system. Do not get me wrong, I LOVE Kingdom Hearts, but the fighting style should not be placed in a franchise which is known for it's great turn based battle system (aka. Final Fantasy). In addition and as a sidenote , the plot of Final Fantasy XII from my perspective was very weak. The only characters I really like from the installment were the Five Judges. Overall, thank goodness Final Fantasy XIII was unleashed and somewhat combined these fighting styles and gameplay in a very creative and impressive manner.
Scott R. Genovese

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 07:02:00 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
the reason i liked 12 was because.... i don't know.

but, on an unrelated note.

zelda on wii-u. i heard something. it turned out to be nothing.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 07:22:46 pm »
I was mostly kidding about 360 and PS3 versions, but I do think they should maybe stop making the same game over and over.

It's like Mario is great, and it will always be a great platforming series. Mario RPG was a fun and different spin on it. They should have no fear of trying different genres and types of gameplay, and no fear of re-boots either, even if it's just for a game or two before going back to the main series.

I think that's more interesting than the waggle gimmicks in the Wii version of the 2nd GameCube Zelda. The DS Zelda games were really fun, but also very gimmicky. I haven't played Skyward Sword and have little interest in doing so, although it doesn't look bad at all. So I am less into the series as I used to be, but I think a WiiU Zelda is just going to tack on one more gimmick.
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 11:22:36 pm »
  • 笑い男
If zelda wasn't zelda, it's not going to be zelda. All they'd be doing is using the same name, going off its fame, and forcing it into a new game. I don't think xenoblade would've been much better if it was forced to have the zelda world into it, just to say "look, its a zelda game, but it's not!".

Like you mentioned, you have the DS versions and say four swords and so on. Those are still zelda games, in the zelda world, but offer different experiences. I think thats as far as you can go, considering it is the same series. I do honestly think that SS was a step in a great direction though. Sure there was a lot gained and some lost in turn. I just don't see the point of forcing a series to be something it isn't, just so you can say "it isn't the same game!" (which each one is far from being anyway). If you don't want to play the series, play another game.

You say about the gimmicky feeling in TP, which if you think about it technically, yeah. Although it worked, just as well as a button, it just didn't do much more than the functionality of a button in a technical way though, which is disappointing I'm sure. The pointer controls for aiming did work nicely too though. But anyway, SS really does do the wii justice. After playing that, it's incredibly hard to go back to hitting one button to attack. It seems silly in comparison. So simple. The game itself is incredibly well polished and absolutely full to the brim with content (you get the trade off that you don't have an enormous (and mostly empty) world though, like say how many western RPGs are, because of how much time people put into every nook and cranny in it).

In the end, people have preferences and if the zelda gameplay style isn't one of yours, you just need to find another game that does fit your preference of style.

Edit: Here's something related
And then you have many people hoping that resident evil WILL go back to its roots lol
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:49:39 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 60 queries.

anything