Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: link' outfits  (Read 2682 times)

link' outfits
« on: December 19, 2013, 03:58:16 pm »
Here is new custom sprite, with a new shading style!

LINK'S OUTFITS

*I use the neike60 's color background
Re: link' outfits
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 04:50:25 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Really like the hair on WW Link. I look forward to some walking and other animations.
  • My Music
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 04:52:22 pm »
Liking these alot better, nice improvement! Although the fierce diety and magic armor look a little messy, its hard to tell like where the hair is and where the face is and such.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 06:10:25 pm »
  • Idk
Good improvement! Now when I have seen a little bit more from you, I did an edit to show you how you can re-use colors for things on your sprite. As you can see, the colors from the hair is the same colors that I used for the belt, hand guards and boots. I also decreased the amount of shades to 3 instead of 4. Now, 3 shades are just a little bit too much for such a small sprite, but since I'm used to work with bigger amount of shades I couldn't resist. As for the colors, I did some small corrections to get them to a higher contrast and a bigger gap between the shades so they don't blend into each other. But good work so far :)

I hope this helps you!

Koh

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 03:25:48 am »
  • Tamer Koh
Color sharing is really only needed if you're working with a restricted palette, though.  It becomes a problem once you decide "I want to make his hair purple like on the SNES LTTP sprite," since you can't just swap out the color and be done with it; it'd also affect whatever else was sharing the colors of his hair.  But you're right about the contrast; looking much more vibrant now.  I think the shades could stand to pop out a bit more though, and use more color shifting.
  • Megaclipse Games

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:53:03 am »
  • Idk
I can see what you mean, but I don't see that as a problem though. If you make your palette good enough, purple can make a good belt and boot color, since the ALTTP Link is using a darker palette :)

EDIT:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:23:55 pm by Sinkin »
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 09:59:00 am »
 Thank you all for your replies and advices. At the moment I'm really focusing on two things: the characters's design and the choice of colors. And i haven't yet the skill of Sinkin !!!
I already do some animation tests that do not make it well enough to be posted. I think once I will control the choice of colors for my sprites, I will focus more on the creation of the hud, objects and maps before to work on animations.

And Sinkin, have any tutorial for create a good palette? because the colors you choose are juste awesome!!!

PS: sorry for my english, i try to do my best ^^

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 10:41:37 am »
  • Idk
I don't really know of any tutorials about color picking. But I found this one, nothing that I have been using but, It might help you :)
http://2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/picking-the-best-colors-for-your-sprite/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 53 queries.