Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So...........how about that Hurricane Sandy everyone?  (Read 2508 times)

So...........how about that Hurricane Sandy ever...
« on: October 31, 2012, 03:32:41 am »
The title says it all; let's discuss......
Scott R. Genovese

Crim

Super Special Awesome
Re: So...........how about that Hurricane Sandy ...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:34:56 am »
  • I'm Pro!
im doing great.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:27:30 am »
Two days off school, pouring sheets of rain the past few days, and some very strong wind. That's all though, seacoast NH.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 10:40:29 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Considering I'm in Montreal, things have been okay. We've been having unusually warm weather for October and some shots of rain and picked up wind, but that's it so far.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 11:39:29 am »
  • It's the grineer
Storms, sunny, cloudy, cold, hot... Sandy's a !@#$%  I forgot I'm from Argentina
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 08:17:58 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I think it already hit Ohio... it might have rained? That's all we got this far inland, I think it was a little windier than usual. I'm not impressed.
Oh, except it snowed on my birthday, late october! What the hell!?

Koh

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 08:54:11 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
We got a ton of rain and it was super windy, but it's over now.  Luckily our power didn't go out.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 09:37:10 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Hm...  If I were to follow everybody else's standard here I would say that the weather in central America has not been bad, but as that has nothing to do with Hurricane Sandy I shall refrain... Oh wait... crap!

Well actually I don't have very easy access to the news at the moment (apart from looking it up on the internet) what I have seen so far has been interesting.  Apparently it is very strange to have a Hurricane like this hit at this time of year.  I never did hear what the official death toll was or if it has been determined, but last I heard it was something like 33 which is sad.  From what I read it seems like it was a needless waste of lives as many people simply refused to evacuate even though the order was given.  I also read that there was somewhere around 50 deaths in Haiti.  I have never lived on the coast so I don't know what it is like to go through a hurricane, but I did go through a Tornado once back in 2001 (or sometime around then).  Hopefully they are able to get power back quickly though.  Sounds like there was a great deal of damage done.
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 12:49:41 am »
We got some wind and rain.

Funny how this is in Entertainment >.>

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 12:54:11 am »
  • I'm Pro!
Funny how this is in Entertainment >.>

i laugh. therefore, it is now entertaining?
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 03:24:13 am »
As for me on Long Island, about 93% percent have lost or have absolutely no power. Luckily for me and others, I'm in the 7th percentile with power and hardly any damage (except my backyard fence got half-demolished by huge tree branches). Many areas on Long Island, New York area, and New Jersey are in critical condition. Traffic lights are out, towns are as black as night, etc. Because of all of this, driving is a bad idea which prevents me from going to school or work (I'm good with this lol). So, I've been treating the time inside my home as the opposite of cabin fever. I've been practicing my drum kit and saxophone a lot (as usual) and even...........picked up my ocarina again. Yes I said it; 5-hole ocarina. It's been a lognt ime since I last attempted to learn the instrument :)

But overall, I'm in good condition and hope for a swift recovery to those without power and to those who lost their homes and even loved ones.
Scott R. Genovese
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 06:04:57 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
I am glad to hear that you are doing okay xdrumsx89.  I didn't know you lived on Long Island.  Was anybody that you know hurt?  Also, has anybody heard anything from MG since the storm?  I am guessing his power is out?.?
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 11:53:02 pm »
  • "Know suffering! Know death!"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNb9kMgskjU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNb9kMgskjU</a>
this is disgusting, the tv presenter is talking about the destroys caused by the hurricane and those guys appear out of nowhere and start dancing gangnam style in front of the camera, this is depressing...
"I am the wellspring of darkness, fed by Zemus's unbridled hate... I am He who is called Zeromus... I am he who knows naught but hate!"

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 02:18:17 am »
MG has been off for quite some time. I'm good friends with him, so I know that his power is lost. Otherwise, he and his family are fine.

As for people I know who either got harmed or hurt, I know a bunch of people who lost homes and/or are currently residing at another's home. Towns are either flooded, somewhat demolished, or just suffered some power loss.
Scott R. Genovese
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 66 queries.

anything