Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gorthwoghs Zelda Mobile Revival Possible?  (Read 5116 times)

Gorthwoghs Zelda Mobile Revival Possible?
« on: August 27, 2012, 02:29:48 pm »
Hi everyone I'm new here. I recently came across Zelda Mobile by gorthwogh and just saw he was also a member here (but he's been inactive since 2008). I was wondering that seeing as though his game was so close to completion (beta 4 is infact the full game) whether it would be possible to port it to run on android or iphone. not by converting the jar to an apk in the way I have it running on my android but rather to give it a nice UI and have it run natively on a touch screen.

I dont know if this is possible but I dont see why not. I emailed Gorthwogh to ask for his code and resources but never got a reply. But wouldnt it be nice to finish his game and port it so even more people could play it?

His home page is http://zeldamobile.gorthwogh.net/

I'm sure most of you know his project but if you dont check it out. it was pretty awesome work.
Re: Gorthwoghs Zelda Mobile Revival Possible?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 03:32:26 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
hello, yes it was a pretty good game... oh and welcome to the forum!! its nice to see another zelda fan here :D
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:32:53 pm »
Thank you. Do you know if such a port would be possible? I'd love to play it on my android. I recently finished Minish Cap on it on an emulator and think it'd work really well.

I tried Zenonia 1-4 cos they're very Zelda-ish but the constant grinding to level up made them repetitive and dull.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Do you know if such a port would be possible? I'd love to play it on my android. I recently finished Minish Cap on it on an emulator and think it'd work really well.
well it depends, if he comes back online, he will surely finish it, but i think he is not coming back on, but even so, its his project, and we shouldn´t touch it.
have you seen the game in development called the shadow of termina?
here is the link: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:17:27 pm by Malefor »
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 07:21:36 pm »
I don't know about the feasibility of porting it or where Gorthwogh went off to but in terms of developing a game to run on an emulator I've been making some progress on a GBA Minish Cap engine which can be found in the Coding board. It uses Tonc's GBA library and once you get past the initial confusion of being new to it, his implementation is actually pretty good and his tutorial series are very useful. I recommend his tutorials (which do have sample code with them) if you want to learn to code actual GBA stuff in C/C++.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 11:38:07 pm »
to Malefor: I know we shouldnt, thats why I emailed him asking for permission, zelda 1 with minish cap graphics on my android would be awesome. I hadnt seen the game you mentioned but it sounds really cool.

To Diminish: I'll check that out when its not so late, I have a little C++ experience but not much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 50 queries.

anything