Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Hylian Phoenix  (Read 18827 times)

Migokalle

Rawr, mah kitteh is mhain!
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Hylian Phoenix
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 01:44:14 pm »
I think Mammy and Tfs are talking about the tiles in the screens in the OP and MG-Zero might be talking about the tiles you presented in later posts.

^This;

We were referring to the old style :P
Ahh. :) Any comments on the new one then? :P

Been busy lately, so there hasn't been much work put down into THP the last couple of weeks, but I do have a new screen to show:

Yes, I know the pinetrees lack shadows, and that there's not much details in the forest brush. It's on my to-do list :) The Zephos sprite were made by Leduardo, though I'm sure most of you can recognize it :) He's a damn good sprite artist anyway. At the moment, that's not in the actual game, as I was not planning on including him in it, but you never know, I might just add in a side-quest that involves around him somehow. We'll see :)

I'm thinking I should start re-making the houses next, so I can show off something else than just the forest. Haha. The water is still not animated... the puddles are though. I'm just not sure if I really want to use these water tiles. I mean, I'm not totally happy with how they look. Opinions?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:21:14 pm by Migokalle »
  • www.questcom.com
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 05:32:10 pm »
I think they look great. Link is also better proportioned than your earlier version. You'd better release those zelda graphics for others to use at one point  :P

Migokalle

Rawr, mah kitteh is mhain!
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 05:41:09 pm »
I think they look great. Link is also better proportioned than your earlier version. You'd better release those zelda graphics for others to use at one point  :P

And haha, yeah, eventually I'll be releasing a tileset. Not before the game is released though :P I want it to be exclusive up until that point. I mean, if other people started releasing games with the same graphics before my own game is done, no one would recognize it as the original game, you know? xD

EDIT:
I've been playing around with a new palette setup a friend of mine made. It's a good thing he made this, cause ZC has a few limitations when it comes to color, and this new system greatly improves the selection of colors I've got, along with lots of extra color gradients. It looks a bit messy, but trust me, there's a system in there. Not that I really understand it well enough to explain it, but it's there anyway.

I feel it's important to mention that this is not a Zelda Classic screenshot. I threw this together in Graphics Gale. I suppose, if I had a custom engine, my screens would probably look a little bit more like this, in the way it's put together, anyway. I did edit a good amount of the tiles you see here too.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:35:10 am by Migokalle »
  • www.questcom.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 43 queries.

anything