Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: @AoDC Pinned Topic: "READ: Sprites are spoilers too. Mark your topics!"  (Read 3627 times)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
@AoDC Pinned Topic: "READ: Sprites are spoilers ...
« on: January 14, 2007, 05:51:27 pm »
  • .越//
I feel that it is unnessesary to say that sprites could be spoilers... if someone opens a topic named "Twilight Princess" and somewhat after that, then he HAS to espect a spoiler if he doesnt played TP... "noone would espect spoilers until its marked otherwise"? hello? EVERYTHING in tp is a spoiler for people who didnt play it... so the whole tp thing is a spoiler, with and without marking...

not even Link & Zelda are "no spoiler" because they do things, get things, wear things that is a spoiler...

so this "read topic" shouldnt be there pinned, just because everyone who doesnt want a spoiler, dont even opens a tp thread

~bye

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Re: @AoDC Pinned Topic: "READ: Sprites are spoil...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 06:12:37 pm »
Actually, of all the dezens of TP sprites, there was just one, this was the only one that actually spoiled for me. Okay, it had on the title "Spoilers Warning", however, in the list of forums, in the last post I don't see more than (for example):
Last post by yue
in Re: Zelda Resource List ...
Anyways, I still hadn't realised that there was that rule, it's a good rule IMO, and indeed: sprites are spoilers...

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 06:48:40 pm »
  • .越//
Actually, of all the dezens of TP sprites, there was just one, this was the only one that actually spoiled for me. Okay, it had on the title "Spoilers Warning", however, in the list of forums, in the last post I don't see more than (for example):
Last post by yue
in Re: Zelda Resource List ...
Anyways, I still hadn't realised that there was that rule, it's a good rule IMO, and indeed: sprites are spoilers...

i dont know what you mean with the quote, but the "resource list" has in the description standing from which game the sprites are like for your link:
TP Sprites in Minish Cap Style, just looking DO NOT USE

and the link itself is called

Zoru's (ZoraFan89's) Twilight Princess Sprites

so you see its from TP, and sprites are indeed spoilers, but why click you on a "twilight princess sprites" link if you dont want to see it?

sry that i dont say it nice, but if you're to dumb to see that a topic is about twilight princess stuff, then you're to dumb to see a "alert spoiler alarm" in the title too

and if you now say "uh, there can be tp topic without spoilers" meeep, thats wrong because every single tp topic is a spoiler

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 06:56:07 pm »
If there was a character in Twilight Princess that is a surprise character and you had a topic that had a title of "[suprise character] TP in MC style", then you would just gave away a character in Twilight Princess.  You should not expect everyone who has not played TP to stay out of the whole Zelda Graphic Arts section for that, some cannot afford, are waiting, or cannot find the game to play it.  That is mainly what the rule is for.  It is not like it will be there forever.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 07:00:02 pm »
  • .越//
well, if you dont want to see suprise characters, why are you looking those topics anyway?

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 07:02:25 pm »
You are not looking for Twilight Princess spoilers, but others have given them away in their titles.  If you look in a Twilight Princess topic though, then you are open for spoilers.  They should not be given away in the title though.  And that is what the rule is for.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 07:04:22 pm by 4Sword »
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 07:02:48 pm »
It's hard to tell where's spoilers... and harder to guess what's inside a "Twilight Princess sprites", and I did it at my own risk and not blaming anyone...
However, the letters "TP" or "Twilight Princess" are quite far from being a direct synonym to extreme spoilers...

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 07:08:44 pm »
  • .越//
It's hard to tell where's spoilers... and harder to guess what's inside a "Twilight Princess sprites", and I did it at my own risk and not blaming anyone...
However, the letters "TP" or "Twilight Princess" are quite far from being a direct synonym to extreme spoilers...

well... extrem spoilers? in a zelda game? in "THAT" link?

EXTREM SPOILER!!!: Link is a normal guy, he goes out to save someone, meets new freinds who help him, meets the evil, finds a sword and destroys the evil, end.

and "that" link, what does it have? Link with things out of the trailer, a guy people dont know, and zelda... suprise suprise, zelda is in the game called zelda

its not far from beeing a synonym to spilers, : all who doesnt have played tp = all tp topics are spoiler, all who doesnt have beaten it yet and see a "dontknowguy from tp" topic = spoilers, all who have beaten tp: no spoilers

its very simple

edit:

You are not looking for Twilight Princess spoilers, but others have given them away in their titles.  If you look in a Twilight Princess topic though, then you are open for spoilers.  They should not be given away in the title though.  And that is what the rule is for.

people cant even put request in their topics... and when they make a "omgozors, my own sprited link [contains spoilers]" title, then you still dont know which kind of spoilers, or if its a spoiler for you.

example:

i never played zelda 2, i didnt beat oot or mm, i never played oos, and didnt beat la, i couldnt even play tp.

did ANYONE care before tp about spoilers?

if you make a topic in misc, kirby/mario/etc. Sprite... do the guys care about spoilers there?

its just a thing about the author of the topic... if he creates a topic, it should mirror its content, if it doesnt then the spoiler rule not nessesary, because it just would cut the popularity of those topics.

and i dont think that anyone cares about spoilers besides of tp spoiler
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 07:15:23 pm by yue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 07:38:21 pm »
  • hungry..
A lot of topics don't have anything relative to TP so people who dont want it spoiled might click on the topic and suddenly get raped by information they didnt want to see. For instance a topic called "OMG you're kidding?", someone woudl click on that, but they wouldn't expect to see "Link is actually gay?? O.o". THIS is why putting "*spoilers*" in your topic title is important.
  • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 12:28:09 am »
A sprite is a spoiler too. Follow the rules or face the conciquences. You did have the right to question authority, and you did do it right, but this rule is staying until TP has been out for a while.
the a o d c
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 04:04:21 am »
  • w00t
The problem I can see with this rule is that topic titles can't be descriptive enough to state what the sprite even is because of the fear of spoilers.  I mean, if I see 20 isntances of "TP sprites" I'd be discouraged from clicking any of them.  I guess it can't be helped, but it's a shame nonetheless.

Just to make it clear, I haven't played TP myself, but I've kinda given up on being spoiler-free since many of my friends have played it already.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 07:00:24 am »
...Well why are there Spoiler markers in Zelda Talk? People should generally stay clear but they !@#$% and say "omg, no spoilre markz wtf".
the a o d c

Linky628

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 07:31:40 am »
why dont we use common sense and assume that the topic may have spoilers if itt even has the words "TWILIGHT PRINCESS" or "tp" or something like that.
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 08:44:17 am »
That should go with the Zelda Talk section too, but it doesnt.
the a o d c
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 09:04:15 am »
I agree with yue! if people have their topic name like Twilight Princess sprites then they shouldn't put spoilers in the topic title.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 10:36:52 am »
Once AGAIN,

Any TP related topic that contains spoilers in Zelda Talk needs to be marked, so people steer clear.

Why, oh why, should a character sprited be any different?
the a o d c
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 10:58:18 am »
Because you obviously can expect a spoiler if someone sprited something from TP!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 11:20:11 am »
  • .越//
Because you obviously can expect a spoiler if someone sprited something from TP!

thanks HB ;) thats what i mean

ok... AoDC, whats with that: if the title hasnt the game in it like:

"Twilight Princess Sprites FTW!!!"

then a spoiler message isnt needet

if the is no game in the title like:

"Look what i've done..."

then it should have

"Look what i've done... [Contains TP Spoilers]"

noticing its a "tp" spoiler and not a "mm" or "oot" spoiler, for those who havent played it

it could be too:

"Look what i've done... [Contains PH Spoilers]"

for Phantom Hourglass

that would be a thing for both wantings

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 12:15:40 pm »
See, thats what I'm saying. What about Link or Midna? or Zant? They were announced pre-Zelda. The major characters however are going to spoil it. The title itself *namehere* sprite spoils it.

"OH JEE THNX, NAO I KNOW WHO THE GUY IS."

Its like saying, "Because you obviously can expect a spoiler if someone posted something from TP!"

Since it is clear that you guys dont really give a crap, I'll just take that rule away. I was just trying to make everybody's game experience proper.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 12:29:41 pm by AoDC »
the a o d c
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 75 queries.

anything