Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Favorite "Never Released" Titles  (Read 8446 times)

Mirby

Drifter
Re: Your Favorite "Never Released" Titles
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 03:53:21 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
That's what I was trying to say, Zidane. Thanks.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2008, 04:31:56 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Lazy programmers.

This.  =[  How can you go and cancel a ZELDA game?
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2008, 04:34:46 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Lazy programmers.

This.  =[  How can you go and cancel a ZELDA game?

Easily.

Team: k let's cancel this game.
Team: k
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2008, 04:35:54 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Star Fox 2 easily.

The beta was spectacular. No other Star Fox game compares.
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2008, 09:47:27 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Star Fox 2 and Zelda: The third oracle game.
although now I seem boring as they're what everyones saying.

Actually the things I most like to have seen was the early OoT Beta stuff: No child Link, you started in Hyrule town which looked different etc, and Dinosaur Planet. It looked cooler on N64 then it ended up on GCN. whats up with that?

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2008, 12:57:21 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
I would also loved to see a beta rom :(
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2008, 05:26:32 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
- Twilight Princess (the game was meant to be harder and have more depth but they took it out so it was easier for casual players because of the Wii)
Wha? Where did you hear this? And if you didn't think Twilight Princess had depth...I really don't understand you.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2008, 05:35:44 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
There's at least a few things that we know were taken out of Twilight Princess by viewing trailers.  Moblins, the chase with the giant spider, the tree beast thing, all the cats in the forest,... uhm, other stuff?  They took out all the cool stuff.
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2008, 05:44:45 am »
There's at least a few things that we know were taken out of Twilight Princess by viewing trailers.  Moblins, the chase with the giant spider, the tree beast thing, all the cats in the forest,... uhm, other stuff?  They took out all the cool stuff.
People always say the beta stuff was cool, when most of it clearly isn't. For instance, in the beta of TP, there is a big forest with random trees in it. In the regular TP, the Faron Woods are organized and actually look good. I mean, most of the time beta-liking is just people wanting what they don't have.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2008, 12:35:33 am »
  • The Mike
- Twilight Princess (the game was meant to be harder and have more depth but they took it out so it was easier for casual players because of the Wii)
Wha? Where did you hear this? And if you didn't think Twilight Princess had depth...I really don't understand you.
Various sites. This was a few years ago. Twilight Princess barely has that much depth if you compare it to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. There were pretty much no side-quests at all for starters and that's a staple in Zelda games. Like Shefali said, some enemies like Moblins were taken out. The giant spider (Armogohma) is a boss in the game but never chased after you like in the trailer. The Skulltulas were supposed to cover you in web as well. The forest areas in the trailers were cool. There was even that one graveyard looking area that was taken out where it was raining.

TP was supposed to be a GCN exclusive as we all know. When the Wii came along, they moved it to Wii and stop the development for the game on GCN. Since they were far in development, they decided to move it onto both systems. Some people complained that the game was too easy. I find part of the reason for that is the new audience Nintendo is trying to bring in with the Wii so anybody can play it. So if you think about it, if the game wasn't released on Wii and if they didn't focus on the casual thing for the game, it could have been harder. There was supposed to be more to the game as well. I saw in on a site before but I can't remember which sites.

I know this is off topic but the thing that bugged me the most with TP is that any damage you took never went over a heart. Heck, even Ganondorf's sword attacks didn't even reach it. I think I might be wrong though but it was like that for most of the game, I know that.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:38:55 am by Yubel »

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2008, 12:45:13 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
People always say the beta stuff was cool, when most of it clearly isn't. For instance, in the beta of TP, there is a big forest with random trees in it. In the regular TP, the Faron Woods are organized and actually look good. I mean, most of the time beta-liking is just people wanting what they don't have.

Way to ignore the things I mentioned and focus on the Woods...
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2008, 01:00:45 am »

Way to ignore the things I mentioned and focus on the Woods...
Well, I wasn't neccessarily talking about you, but just that people want stuff in the game that might have just been stupid if it had stayed in. IE: People wanting what they don't have.

Various sites. This was a few years ago. Twilight Princess barely has that much depth if you compare it to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. There were pretty much no side-quests at all for starters and that's a staple in Zelda games. Like Shefali said, some enemies like Moblins were taken out. The giant spider (Armogohma) is a boss in the game but never chased after you like in the trailer. The Skulltulas were supposed to cover you in web as well. The forest areas in the trailers were cool. There was even that one graveyard looking area that was taken out where it was raining.

TP was supposed to be a GCN exclusive as we all know. When the Wii came along, they moved it to Wii and stop the development for the game on GCN. Since they were far in development, they decided to move it onto both systems. Some people complained that the game was too easy. I find part of the reason for that is the new audience Nintendo is trying to bring in with the Wii so anybody can play it. So if you think about it, if the game wasn't released on Wii and if they didn't focus on the casual thing for the game, it could have been harder. There was supposed to be more to the game as well. I saw in on a site before but I can't remember which sites.

I know this is off topic but the thing that bugged me the most with TP is that any damage you took never went over a heart. Heck, even Ganondorf's sword attacks didn't even reach it. I think I might be wrong though but it was like that for most of the game, I know that.
I don't argue that it was too easy, but that's every single Zelda game since OoT. You always start off with 3 hearts, and it is sort of normal difficulty, but by the time you are half way through the game, you have enough hearts that you never have to worry about dying. This is a flaw with ALL zelda games, not just Twilight Princess, so you can't just assume that Twilight Princess would be harder when most likely it would have been just as easy as Wind Waker, etc. to begin with.

I think that some of these things were cool, but then again it was beta. Things get taken out, better things get put back in, Nintendo has their reasons, and there really isn't any way to say that they were wrong unless we had an old, unchanged version of the game with these things in.

The graveyard with rain WAS in the game. Didn't you see the secret graveyard in Hyrule Castle? It was awesome when I first found it. You might have missed it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6omKufZKmQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6omKufZKmQ</a>
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2008, 01:04:04 am »
Battlefield Bad Company. The Original one for the PSP :(

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2008, 01:28:21 am »
  • The Mike
The graveyard with rain WAS in the game. Didn't you see the secret graveyard in Hyrule Castle? It was awesome when I first found it. You might have missed it:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6omKufZKmQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6omKufZKmQ</a>
Nevermind, I meant this area at 0:12
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzcJ1PGuY9U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzcJ1PGuY9U</a>

• Zelda Eternity
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 63 queries.

anything