Resources > Coding

Pokemon Overworld

<< < (2/5) > >>

4Sword:
I just downloaded and ran the engine with no problems. I am not sure what your issue is; some of the stuff I have made for the GM Minish Cap Engine was also made in the version of Game Maker I am using and Niek reported no issues with the files being unable to be opened. Sometimes though when I use Google Chrome and click a download link, it either "freezes" or doesn't set up the connection properly (it gives highly unreasonable download times). Usually trying again fixes that.

Rukiri:
I actually use chrome, would be odd if that was the problem.
I'll give it another go in 30 minutes just about done with work for today. And to start a halloween Party tomorrow(WOOT!)

Nubcake:
that textbox engine is everything i want !

Mamoruanime:

--- Quote from: Shiku on October 30, 2010, 12:52:45 am ---I dunno, just about anything I donload from the zfgc's database always seems broken(but downloaded from else where  seems fine)

--- End quote ---

I don't have that problem on any of the 4 machines I have access to D:... Each with different ISP's... I used to have that issue once before though; I forget what I changed to fix it though. I think it was just unstable net if I recall.

4Sword:

--- Quote from: Nubcake on October 30, 2010, 09:32:30 am ---that textbox engine is everything i want !

--- End quote ---
I forget how efficient it was when I was coding it, but the way the text draws is that it the textbox or whatever has to loop through a line each step (and each step the amount of letters displayed increases which produces the animated look). If the text string you are using is really long a good habit to get into with the engine would be to use whatever character I had it that moved the beginning position of the line to the more recent letter. It makes it so it doesn't have to loop as much. Long dialog boxes in Pokemon tend to have a similar sort of deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version