Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linkws Engines-+small requests taken+*NEW*Jump of cliff engine!!  (Read 1536 times)

Linkws Engines-+small requests taken+*NEW*Jump o...
« on: October 26, 2006, 12:29:19 am »

:jellytime:
Thats the cliff engine,more coming soon :jellytime: :ganon:

It has some glitches(as usual)and if i fix all of them ill update.
It has tiling and block errors,and since they dont impact the jumping,dont squek about them.
It uses goodnight movement,and i think it can use others. :jellytime:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:37:26 am by 4Sword »
Re: Linkws Engines-+small requests taken+*NEW*Ju...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 08:40:17 pm »
I don't understand A) why you have to use 80 annoying, stupid smiley faces.
Secondly, please write in somewhat proper English. Otherwise it looks annoying.

This is...I don't really know. The jumping isn't smooth, and if you remember in the original, you have to hold the button for a while, or run in the direction of the wall for a second before you actually jump. It looks choppy. There were also a few spots where I wasn't able to jump where I should've been able to.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 11:35:05 pm »
I haven't done the diagonal jump,and the forword jump on the right was blocked unpourposely :jellytime:

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 02:33:36 am »
  • With a Capital G
First thing I'd like to say is that this is more of an "example" than an "engine". To upgrade that status, the least you'll have to do is add a description of how someone can stick this into their own game, and of course mention that it relies on my movement engine.

It wouldn't be too hard to examine your .gm6, see how it was made, and copy or recreate that in another game, but that makes your file an "example". ;)

Anyways, same crits as Scooternew, plus I tried jumping off the right side a bunch of times, and one time Link got stuck partly in the wall when he landed.

Other than that it's a lot better than I expected. I've seen a few other jump-off-cliff examples and they sucked goat.

gm112

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:21:16 am »
Well I haven't used GM in forever and never will but you can set a timer on collision. Then the rest is obvious XD.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 10:48:57 pm »
sorry,goodnight but it doesnt rely on your movement engine.I just put it there because im to lazy to write my own.You just put everything in your game as it is in this engine.(other than the movement code).

@gm112:Ironic isnt it?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 07:40:03 pm by MiNalien »

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 08:09:32 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
i really don't like this 'engine' for one thing you shouldn't jump right away, your supposed to wait about 6 steps before you jump also this was made a little to simple it could be done more effectively with a better script that checks wether there is a walkable area where the player is supposed to land (IE: No enemy or other intrusive object) and also to check if there is an opening that allows you to jump with only one jump block. Plus there is no way that the engine is going to be able to be modded as easily as if you had made scripts and one object. It's a good start but no where near the quality needed to be called an engine.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 52 queries.