Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link & Zelda art, and some other stuff.  (Read 888 times)

Link & Zelda art, and some other stuff.
« on: October 22, 2006, 08:28:56 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
This isn't the style of work I usually go for, but I still think it turned out decently.  Click on it to zoom in.

Here's the link.

I realize there are quite a few problems with it, but when you're showing something off it's stupid to point out all the mistakes, so I'll let you figure them out yourself.  I actually do like the lighting mostly, and the cropped portraits in the corners.

⌐_⌐  *Copies and pastes comment below picture since no-one will read it there, probably.*
I didn't really feel like doing a funny drawing, so I decided to do some kind of action pose with Link. Then I decided I wanted to stick Zelda in it but not as a damsel in distress, so this is what I came up with. I've spent quite a few hours messing around with this one, haven't really done anything quite like this before. I don't really like how when Zelda is disguised as Sheik she has a manly figure, so I tried to make it a bit more feminine.

Feel free to tear it apart with criticism, I would like to get better at this.  I've only really done 1 funny drawing based on Zelda, this one... Also this random page of pencil sketches of Link may be worth checking out as well.

It isn't Zelda related, but this is probably my favorite comic that I've completed, followed closely by this if i'd only finished it.  There are a few more things I put up there, you'll have to check them out yourself.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
Re: Link & Zelda art, and some other stuff.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 08:59:11 pm »
  • [sic]
Well, the Link's Lawncare thing is hilarious XD

But the main picture has some definite problems. The bodies are far too thin, they definitely need to be fattened up. Also, the legs, especially Zelda's, are far far far too short for the torsos. The overall height is pretty good, but the legs need to begin higher up. The noses are too long and come out too much, and the muscles bulge a bit much too. Also, Zelda is taller than Link. o_0 And the arms are also a bit long. The faces in boxes are excellent, though.

As for the sketches, those are mostly really good. I actually saw them on Sheezy a while ago. The two profiles are the best. The face in the middle's eyes should be centered, and the eyes on the bottom-right front view are too high on the head. The full-body view is really good and I suggest using it as reference for other drawings.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 09:18:18 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
Yeah, I have a strange tendency to draw people with long bodies and short legs.  I think the problem with Zelda being too tall is that I started her head too high, then gave her a long neck to try to fix it >_<...  I've never been good at side-view faces.

Like I said in my comment on DA, the sketches are mostly me trying to reproduce official Nintendo art (not traced though >_<... Actually I think they were from the OoT comics) so I wouldn't doubt that you've seen them before.   I messed up the one in the middle, you can kinda see lightly where I circled the right side and drew an arrow to show I needed to move that part.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 09:27:45 pm »
There are a could of things that are wrong with it just like what Kame said, but also, Link's nose looks really big. :P
Hm... I should probably put something here...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 45 queries.

anything