Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

-

-
-

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEAD] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster  (Read 84976 times)

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
Re: [DEMO] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2010, 07:14:57 pm »
  • Idk

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2010, 07:29:33 pm »
  • Phoenix Heart

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2010, 01:56:53 am »
  • Xiphirx
That screen looks amazing, I must play 8|
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2010, 09:53:01 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
I just noticed, in past week I have done more than in months (or more likely in half year) :'D

I added new poll about textbox, how do you want it?
- Like normal in Zelda games, game freezes until you have listened everything and so on.

- Or you can run away while someone is talking to you, this means you don't have to listen everything.
But game does not pause, and for example enemy can attack you. Well normally you won't talk anybody when fighting enemies.

The last one is easier to code (I have already done it in Pandaman). I can make the normal way too, but then there is two options, easier and harder way. Easier is just freezing game and showing textbox, no ingame animations can be seen. Harder way is making for every friggin moving object its code for stopping movement and action until textbox have been read.

If you have another idea, I can think about that too.

Tero Hannula

Edit. V Back in topic please, we stopped fighting about dekunuts already.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:13:10 pm by drandula »
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2010, 09:55:32 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
deku nuts are very important for speedruns, i beat queen gohma in about 5 seconds with deku nuts and sticks. 

You don't need either of those, I can beat Gohma in about 3 seconds with just the slingshot and sword >_>

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Brutus

Kirby Master
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2010, 04:30:23 am »
For the textboxes, one suggestion I have is to make the text scroll about three times as fast as it does in the normal game; it takes up alot of time to go through long tedious sequences
if place_free(x,y,z) {wrong number of arguments to function or script}
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2010, 04:43:22 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
^ I have done C -key as skip button. So hitting C will show all text all once and pressing it again closes/pop ups next textbox.
Hitting repeatly C will skip pretty quickly even longest texts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5LjmGeaZBs

- Bombs will cause you fly back if too close.
- Textbox first version ready.
- Hookshoot can be aimed and shot with mouse.
And other small things done. Mostly I use my time recoding things.

When I code, usually I make raw code which works, but it is ugly.
Then I start thinking how I reduce the length and make it better etc.

Tero Hannula
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2010, 05:27:28 pm »
That video is amazing :D

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2010, 06:01:06 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Dangerous plants D;

Video looks totally awesome, I love the style D:
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2010, 04:20:04 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
^ Haha, no. That part just showed you leave down everything pickable you have hands on when you get blasted.

Glitches hided in spoiler, don't open if you want to try find them later by yourself.

Show content
By the way, because blastwaves cause you fly back, glitching is possible. Actually, I found one already:

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8999/screenshot431t.png

I blasted Link top of sign with a bomb, then I used Powder Keg to blast Link top of tree. Second time doing that, I blasted myself too far away and got trapped.

I can make video about that too. Although this is my game and I could easily fix this, I think leave this be. Because in game, Powder Kegs are expensive. And they cause massive damage, 8 hearts (=one row). So you gotta have more than 8 hearts to stay alive from that.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:09:20 am by drandula »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2010, 04:22:17 pm »
  • .越//
yeah what would be a zelda game without glitches? xD

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2010, 07:40:26 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
^ True :)

I will hide the glitches in spoiler tags if you want to find them yourselves later.
Show content
Glitch update, it is easier just put Powder Keg, then with bomb blast yourself top of Powder Keg. Move in edge of wanted direction and wait. Boom! Link is on top of trees.

Before I made the video (or in video), Link couldn't get on top of anything. I recoded falling and some other things which made being top of sign possible. But this caused one bug: I can't place pickable objects above anything. They fall through to z=0 point. This means for ex. bombs will fall through sign/trees if they thrown above them.

With short poll, it seems you want traditional textbox (7-2). Well then, I have to code some more :/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:10:13 am by drandula »
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2010, 02:47:13 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
But this caused one bug: I can't place pickable objects above anything. They fall through to z=0 point. This means for ex. bombs will fall through sign/trees if they thrown above them
Fixed. There was a flaw in code, problems with collisions. I fixed it, but then another appeared when tried pile objects. They got launched in the air without stop. This was again another problem with collision which I fixed too. Now Link can pile multiple objects above each other.

Glitch spoiler tag:
Show content
And this just makes another glitch. You can pile some bushes (three, one is stopper to not miss the top), then blast Link above second bush. Put the bomb on top of third bush, there bomb can blast Link above the invisible blocks (16 height), but not above the trees (22 height). But with another bomb you can bomb yourself above the trees. So it takes just 3 hearts to get there. http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2818/screenshot448.png

Spoiler-tags should be better, you can't use [img ] or [s ] etc.
Poll is open till Monday, then I make the textbox as poll says. Poll result is now 7-4.
I again modified the backstory, but you didn't even know the previous version  :P

Sorry about double-post ^^"

Edit. I changed way Octorocs die when they hit explosion. They fly and spin their way, which is pretty amusing :3
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:49:29 am by drandula »

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2010, 06:41:24 am »
  • Xiphirx
It's perfectly fine to double post just as long as you're updating your topic with new content :)
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2010, 02:19:31 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
I have scrapped many Backstory ideas :| Sometimes ideas have been really absurd, sometimes trying assemble together fans speculation and sometimes about Tetraforce. Once I rethought Termina and masks thing. One idea was having two Triforces, because of two timelines. That led me think having multibly Triforces, just from different times. All those ideas are scrapped.

Now I have came back to idea having heroes:
- - - - -
This is but a one legend among others, which the people spoke of...

Long ago, there was three Heroes, who saved the Land from the Great Evil.
These three Heroes were thought being blessed by the Goddesses as they could slay Evil, what none of Brave Knights of the Land could do.
Before Heroes came, the Evil had took over the Land and placed curse upon it; Floods, Infernos, Insects and Diseases.

Three Heroes came like out of nowhere and disappeared after fierce battle.
Some of people believed heroes went back to the Heavens where they came from.
Others believed they are still wandering among them, waiting for new evil.
As time passed, the legend became a fairytale to tell children and then it was completely forgotten.

But in the end, what really happened to the three heroes?

As powerful as Heroes were, they couldn't slay the Evil, but they decided use Ancient magic to seal Evil for good.
Keys of seal were heroes themselves and only few knew this. These people built three temples to keep seal parts safe, so none could lay hands on them at once.

But...
When people forgot the Heroes and legend, temples were left empty. Anymore none took care of seal, which caused weakening of it. Like a hole, more it weakened, more powerful minions of Evil could get out of the seal.

And it is just a matter of time until the Great Evil will break out.

- - - - -

First idea of heroes was about 4 heroes, and one would betray. That one is scrapped too.
But what are your thoughts about this newer one?
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2010, 03:08:32 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
I want some opinions about backstory, thank you.

- Link is able to target nothing. This way he can look at one direction and move.
- Link is able to do backflip as targets. I might remove this, because not necessary
- Link is able to do sidejump as targets. I might remove this, because not necessary.
- Some minor bugs fixed.
- Plans of Lost Woods in paper.

I haven't done any maps which are in game, if we don't count Goron Mines, which is still working in progress.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 03:12:37 am by drandula »
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2010, 09:54:41 am »
The story is good enough. It has a clear threatening problem and goal for the main character, with backstory to try and justify it. There are three things that come to mind though:
-Three hero's coming out of nowhere is enough explenation for the intro. If you intend to use these guys for more then just the intro text, then it might be smart if you elaberate on there origins a little (for yourself). Are they for instance man, goron, zora and deku? Where did they come from? Aren't there still (old) characters who still know of them and why? These are a couple of things you could think of if you wish to flesh out your story a little.
-The concept of four hero's not being strong enough then the big bad is okay, but you'd have to be consistent in that the main hero shouldn't be able to fully beat the big bad either. Why can one guy do what four legendary hero's could not? Two other options are that your current hero has discovered a new means or weapon the old heross could never not have had or known of. Or you could edit the story a little so the heros had more or less beaten the evil, but something was going against them and they had to resort to sealing as a last ditch attempt.
-This is more my way of thinking when I read your story. People maintain the temples to keep the seal save. People lose fate in their cause as the memory get's watered down over time, so they eventually no longer go to the temples. After a while the seals inside the temples are beginning to weaken, rips appear and evil beings come out (to explain monsters inside the temples)? The main character needs to close the rips per temple while each individually grows larger. This would explain why the threat increases even though the main character is fixing the problem. The remaining rips get bigger while the character was busy diminishing their numbers. The opposite to me would feel less of an accomplishment. Why is the villain still a threat (or even able to escape) if the main character was able to reimpower the original seal more or less completely?
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2010, 05:03:02 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Thanks for great observation and answer :)
Show content
- I thought three heroes origins are Hylian, Goron and Sheikh. There is information scattered everywhere, but none knows whole legend and someones have false information. Elders are most trustable information source.

- Heroes had three main weapons, Megaton Hammer, Lens of Truth and Fire Arrows. Link will get all of those and also Light Arrows (And maybe sacred sword). Also in the final battle Evil hasn't completely broke the seal, but he is stretching out.

- Good point, and I have no answer.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:50:41 am by drandula »
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2010, 07:45:58 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
Lost Woods, it has sixteen rooms which looks alike. So you gotta listen the sound or
Show content
use Lens of Truth. Lens of Truth will show arrows in ground and arrows leads to the temple.

I thought it would be annoying to make every single Lost Woods room separately in Game Maker, so I thought making making only one room. Then I rethought it, because it would be big place and maybe cause performance issues is slower computers.

So I end up making only one of the sixteen room which loops all the time, and one object, which calculates which room Link is in. Every room aren't exactly same, so same object will show or remove objects from sight depending which "room" Link is.
In attachment you see the Lost Woods form, it looks simply. But I have planned in paper, which route goes where. This means going up can lead you down. There is also six additional rooms.

And screenshot shows, what basic Lost Woods room looks like.

Edit. Oh, and poll results (9-5) makes traditional textbox as winner.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:47:47 am by drandula »
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2010, 04:30:51 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
Lost Woods works like it should work, attachment for video. Every room looks exactly same, because this video I had just made the room changing. The Rupee count shows, which room Link is in.

But, here is little annoying bug, which I show on the video. If Link walks along the wall, he won't move, but room changes (look rupee count).

Edit. Changing Lost_Woods_control's Step -event to End_Step -event fixed the problem. Moving Link to another side of room and changing room number was there.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 04:35:01 am by drandula »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 78 queries.

anything