Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Howl the Winged Warrior  (Read 3148 times)

[Submission] Howl the Winged Warrior
« on: July 14, 2015, 01:02:14 am »
  • It's just Max.
Name: Howl
Race: Hylian, but basically a Rito wannabe

Howl is kind of a crazy old man. His house has two floors and the bottom one is pretty much completely empty, just wooden crates and hey. The second one is just rafters and a kind of nest where he sleeps. He wears feathers on his arms. He is obsessed with birds, and feathers are lying around all over the place. Sometimes when you walk into his house, he drops down from the second floor in a flurry of feathers shouting "ca-caw!" We aren't really sure what his deal is or how he got this way, but he is very knowledgeable about avian species. He'll give Link tips on flying enemies like what their weaknesses are and stuff, always encouraging Link to "Follow the path of the Winged Warrior!"

Unexpectedly, his profession is advice columnist. People write to him and he replies with uplifting advice, always encouraging people to believe in themselves and climb to their fullest. Of course, his replies are riddled with bird metaphors and examples such as, "You must be like the blue heron. Know your inner beauty, but depend on hard work for your fulfillment."

When Link has the Roc's cape, he will get excited and teach Link how to do the down thrust.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: [Submission] Howl the Winged Warrior
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 03:33:33 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
If you don't already have a character design, maybe you could base him off of Roam from the A Link to the Past comic, only with Rito-like fake features instead of the geruda-like ones Roam obtains.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 04:29:27 am »
  • It's just Max.
I dig it.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 05:04:14 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Yeah, not too much a stretch of the imagination, to redesign him to be a 39-yr-old Rito-loving fanatic, huh?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 45 queries.

anything