Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Castle Interior  (Read 4899 times)

[Submission] Castle Interior
« on: July 31, 2015, 04:16:55 am »
  • It's just Max.
So, rough first idea for a layout of the castle. Plot points here and Link gets thrown inn the dungeon and meets the false Gerudo king (Ganon). He meets with Ganon several times through the game, later needing to sneak into the castle since Zelda suspects something and orders the guards to keep him out, so I added in opportunity for stealth sections where Link would have to use pillars/statues as cover. Then we have the scene where Link finds the entrance to the Celestial Clock, which I put in the throne room, as a secret passage in the big statue.

Edit: found some unused castle stuff from minish cap. Status could be used/altered to fit here. Darknut statue in center, king statue body near top center, his head is by the entrance.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:16:26 pm by Donotfeedthemax »

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
Re: [Submission] Castle Interior
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 06:07:00 am »
I dig the design, look's like the one on link between worlds. I think it would be better if there was another room between the center room and the dungeon entrance making the castle more symmetrical. Also the dungeon entrance location is kind of strange since it's really near the exit  :P

I could start mapping tomorrow.

Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 08:41:13 am »
  • It's just Max.
Actually, the whole design is a little non-symmetrical, which I don't like a ton, but I think it's more important to have every room serve a gameplay function than have symmetry.

Something you made me realize though, is that the clock face is high above the castle, so the dungeon might go up, in which case the statue entrance doesn't make much sense,maybe we should put in a library and have the entrance there. Or else the dungeon could have a clock on the bottom floor, which would mirror the clock on the castle tower.

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 08:59:42 pm »
I see your point, tho there will be rooms that just add ambience or make the place more aesthetically pleasing.

I don't see why the statue entrance is particularly bad, but I do prefer the library option. Added a quick sketch to your design, the dungeon entrance is supposed to be behind a bookshelf or just hidden, but it could be in plain sight or guarded.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 10:05:54 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Oh, wait! I got confused, I just realized there are two dungeons here, the entrance to the game's last dungeon, the celestial clock, and the dungeon you toss people in when they're in trouble. All your initial comments make sense now :p

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 10:17:39 pm »
hahaha now I understand. So it seems nice to have the entrance to the last dungeon in the throne room and then have the jail entrance in the library/guarded/in between room.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 03:09:12 am »
  • It's just Max.
Yeah. Or the dungeon entrance in the library and the jail entrance in the between room. Which could be used for another stealth/sneaking element.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 05:27:18 am »
I don't feel like the prison being in a secret location seems too realistic. It should be heavily guarded and in plain sight, and perhaps downstairs even? I don't know the details exactly, but this sounds more like an actual castle prison system to me.

Otherwise, everything else is great! It looks like it could be a good castle.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 08:06:03 am »
  • It's just Max.
Yeah Shane, I don't know much about medieval jailing either, but plain sight is best :p
We're just confusing each other since there's the dungeon-the jail, prison. And also the dungeon-the video game level, the Celestial Clock.

But I think the right wing, which has been started to be tiled in the tiling topic, can have two rooms off it, one that goes down to the jail, another that leads to the library/secret entrance to the Celestial Clock. Or the secret entrance could be in the main hall, between the stairs. Whatever. So many options! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.562 seconds with 55 queries.

anything