Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Blitz3d] Drawing the fps  (Read 2040 times)

[Blitz3d] Drawing the fps
« on: August 26, 2006, 08:37:16 pm »
  • =/
I have no clue how to draw the frames per second in Blitz3d. u_u A bit of help would be appreciated.
Re: [Blitz3d] Drawing the fps
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 08:45:07 pm »
First advice: Drop Blitz3D, its decades old.
Second advice:
To draw the FPS you first need to calculate it, add this code into your main loop.

Code: [Select]
if (millisecs() - fpsTimer > 1000)
fpsTimer = millisecs()
fps = fpsTicks
fpsTicks = 0
else
fpsTicks = fpsTicks + 1
endif

And delcare the 3 variables needed to run this (fpsTimer, fps, fpsTicks) in the global loop or some where out of the way. Then to draw it just add this in your rendering function.

Code: [Select]
Text 5,5,"fps: "+fps

(Please note, I haven't used B3D in a while, so there may be a few syntax errors in the above code)

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 08:57:03 pm »
  • =/
Not just yet. I'm buying BlitzMax in about a month and then I'll switch over to a 3d module tell the official one comes out. Until then, I'm going to work on my engine and mapping skills.

Also, thanks, it worked fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 11:39:13 pm »
Not just yet. I'm buying BlitzMax in about a month and then I'll switch over to a 3d module tell the official one comes out. Until then, I'm going to work on my engine and mapping skills.
Why though? BlitzMax has far more power than Blitz3D, its just as simple and there are literally billions of free 3D modules out there you can use (which actually support a hell of a lot more than B3D's engine).

Also, thanks, it worked fine.
No problemo.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 11:45:03 pm »
  • =/
Why though? BlitzMax has far more power than Blitz3D, its just as simple and there are literally billions of free 3D modules out there you can use (which actually support a hell of a lot more than B3D's engine).
I think you read my post wrong or I typed it up wrong. I meant, I'll be switching to an already made 3d module until the offical one. Until I get blitzmax, I'm working on my engine and mapping skills in blitz3d.

Also, I don't really see whats wrong with Blitz3d to tell you the truth. I really don't think I'll ever use any of the advanced crap on what I'm working on. The only thing that intrests me enough to get it are the MaxGui module (Usefull for making programs) and the higher poly count support. (Obvious reasons)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 11:49:38 pm by piers »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 44 queries.

anything