Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 224064 times)

Re: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #620 on: October 30, 2010, 08:51:57 pm »
Nice King Tetiro. ;) It would be kinda cool for achievements within a Nintendo game. I don't believe I've ever seen any.
Aren't sidequest already a bit of achievements. I would say the Boomerang in Link's Awakening was an achievement for the trading game. And the Mirror Shield in MC you could only get by completing the game and do Kinstone fusions to get the Bigggoron. Then there are the extra's you can get in the Oracle games through the linking mechanism. Second quest for TWW and LoZ

I think achievements always have been in Zelda games. We just don't recognize them anymore as such, because we take them for granted. And other games had them as well. In SMG2 you got an entire Galaxy for just completing the game.

I think of achievements as lil rewards that would otherwise go unnoticed. Beat the Queen Ghoma in a short amount of time without damage? Your a badass gamer, and with achievements you get the props for it. Find all the hidden rupees in Kokiri Forest? Sweet, achievement! Most games have quests and such, but achievements take it to another level.
  • Pyxosoft

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #621 on: October 30, 2010, 09:02:36 pm »
Nice King Tetiro. ;) It would be kinda cool for achievements within a Nintendo game. I don't believe I've ever seen any.
Aren't sidequest already a bit of achievements. I would say the Boomerang in Link's Awakening was an achievement for the trading game. And the Mirror Shield in MC you could only get by completing the game and do Kinstone fusions to get the Bigggoron. Then there are the extra's you can get in the Oracle games through the linking mechanism. Second quest for TWW and LoZ

I think achievements always have been in Zelda games. We just don't recognize them anymore as such, because we take them for granted. And other games had them as well. In SMG2 you got an entire Galaxy for just completing the game.

I think of achievements as lil rewards that would otherwise go unnoticed. Beat the Queen Ghoma in a short amount of time without damage? Your a badass gamer, and with achievements you get the props for it. Find all the hidden rupees in Kokiri Forest? Sweet, achievement! Most games have quests and such, but achievements take it to another level.
Im using that idea! Nicked!
  • Phoenix Heart

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #622 on: October 30, 2010, 11:38:32 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Achievements are good for every game imo. I don't think it's ever a bad idea to have em :P

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #623 on: October 31, 2010, 02:45:22 am »
  • Xiphirx
I have a technical question. How are you guys handling the achievements? Please don't tell me you're not checking to see if every achievement is completed every loop through the game :|

I've never figured out a good way to do it, hopefully you guys tell me how to KISS D:
  • For The Swarm

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #624 on: October 31, 2010, 03:13:14 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Like any other game, any time you do something that either contributes to the achievement, or completes it. Like when you beat gohma, check to see how long it took you to defeat her. Or every time you pick up a rupee, check to see if it's over 1,000,000 ;P
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #625 on: October 31, 2010, 05:21:22 pm »
  • 笑い男

I was thinking along the exact same lines as Niek was, but I guess having an officially set excuse to spend loads of time going nuts and doing insane things in the game, no matter how small (yet hard no doubt) a thing it is such as the stuff described here's good too :P
I'd definitely prefer both though. A well thought out extra with a reward that lets you experience something cool for spending the time discovering and doing it would be way better than just a ton of basic "do X in under Y time with taking less than Z damage (to get a badge confirming you've done it)" without the former.

Actually, reading this makes me realise that while nintendo may be being told to add in "achievements" to their stuff, that they already have been doing such extras from way back, just that they're not called "achievements" and that they don't appear in some huge list of them for you to count and brag about like penis size, but are of the more thought out kind with interesting rewards.
I guess the "cheats" in goldeneye were extremely like today's "achievements", but at least they made all sorts of things more fun too. I now have a feeling that today's "achievements" are just some fad and not many people are realising how long they've been around and lately how boring they've got, in a sense of quantity over quality.

Sure, have tons of random and difficult challenges to beat just for the hell of it, but put those in after the good stuff, imo.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:32:25 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Brutus

Kirby Master
« Reply #626 on: October 31, 2010, 05:32:52 pm »
As a new acheivement you could add a new item, and make it so that you can get it relatively early in the game, so it's not useless like the ice arrows were in the original, or the mirror shield in minish cap.
if place_free(x,y,z) {wrong number of arguments to function or script}

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #627 on: October 31, 2010, 06:10:39 pm »
  • .越//
As a new acheivement you could add a new item, and make it so that you can get it relatively early in the game, so it's not useless like the ice arrows were in the original, or the mirror shield in minish cap.

the archievments are to unlock special features and to exchange highscores between players, there are not such plans as adding items to give you more advantage than a player who doesn't collect archievements

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #628 on: October 31, 2010, 06:20:05 pm »
A well thought out extra with a reward that lets you experience something cool for spending the time discovering and doing it would be way better than just a ton of basic "do X in under Y time with taking less than Z damage (to get a badge confirming you've done it)" without the former.

dotyue may correct me on this, not sure. Apparently, we're going to group the achievements into categories. When all the achievements for that category are achieved, it will unlock something. Something of relevance for that category. Like for an example. If you beat all the speed runs in the speed run category, then it might unlock something like extra walk speed on the next game run.
  • Pyxosoft

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #629 on: October 31, 2010, 06:26:53 pm »
  • .越//
well but that what he wanted was an item, early to unlock over the archievment system, thats giving to much advantage.... special features like bonuses which you have after beating the game is another case

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #630 on: October 31, 2010, 10:57:06 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Like any other game, any time you do something that either contributes to the achievement, or completes it. Like when you beat gohma, check to see how long it took you to defeat her. Or every time you pick up a rupee, check to see if it's over 1,000,000 ;P

:/ I thought there was a better way... oh well lol
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #631 on: November 01, 2010, 03:15:23 am »
Ok, an update:

- Right now I have put off the ZFGC code implementation. Mainly because there has been a major shift in the way I'm going to be handling rooms from now on. All room binaries are now going to contain tile, instance, and collision data. The collision data is experimental. I had done something similar for GMare way back when, but with this new idea, it will use shapes as regular collision data. The shapes will also have level data, which will make things like shooting projectiles off a cliff much easier. This will replace the ass load of wall instances that would normally litter the entire room. I'm also hoping this will mean I only need one room to play the game. (Another room to set-up the play room) I've done some small tests with the changes I've made, and this seems very possible. Having a game run on 2 - 3 rooms total would be interesting.

That also means that GMLib needs an update to read GM8 projects so that GMare can use that data for instances. Also Horn of Balance needs this update for it's editor too. Right now I'm in the process of updating GMLib. (It's going decently)
- Mamoruanime has started designing the Dodongo's Cavern. I have a WIP of that attached.
- The engine now supports nearest neighbor scaling up to 4X
- Miscellaneous item sprites have been done via DJ. (They look pretty sexy)
- Discussion of achievements, and Master Quest ideas.
- Getting close to finalizing Queen Ghoma's attack actions. Some interesting things there.
  • Pyxosoft

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #632 on: November 01, 2010, 03:29:36 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Ok, an update:

- Right now I have put off the ZFGC code implementation. Mainly because there has been a major shift in the way I'm going to be handling rooms from now on. All room binaries are now going to contain tile, instance, and collision data. The collision data is experimental. I had done something similar for GMare way back when, but with this new idea, it will use shapes as regular collision data. The shapes will also have level data, which will make things like shooting projectiles off a cliff much easier. This will replace the ass load of wall instances that would normally litter the entire room. I'm also hoping this will mean I only need one room to play the game. (Another room to set-up the play room) I've done some small tests with the changes I've made, and this seems very possible. Having a game run on 2 - 3 rooms total would be interesting.

That also means that GMLib needs an update to read GM8 projects so that GMare can use that data for instances. Also Horn of Balance needs this update for it's editor too. Right now I'm in the process of updating GMLib. (It's going decently)
- Mamoruanime has started designing the Dodongo's Cavern. I have a WIP of that attached.
- The engine now supports nearest neighbor scaling up to 4X
- Miscellaneous item sprites have been done via DJ. (They look pretty sexy)
- Discussion of achievements, and Master Quest ideas.
- Getting close to finalizing Queen Ghoma's attack actions. Some interesting things there.

dodongo's cavern looks sexy too lol XD
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #633 on: November 01, 2010, 03:36:57 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Sounds good to me...  One point of observation though and I don't mean to be rude, but The pic you have in your sig "oot2d_mock_02.PNG" of the dodongo's cavern.  The dragon skull at the top of the room looks more like a pig skull to me at least.  I think it's snout needs to be a little longer...  or maybe it is just too flat...  hmmm.  Maybe it is just me though...  other than that it looks really good me.  Like always I am amazed with this project.

edit: Of course as you mentioned though it is WIP so maybe there are plans to change that already.
edit: Yeah Cypras you beat me to it.  As you said WIP.  That is funny though!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 03:40:16 am by Aero88 »
« Reply #634 on: November 01, 2010, 03:37:57 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Sounds good to me...  One point of observation though and I don't mean to be rude, but The pic you have in your sig "oot2d_mock_02.PNG" of the dodongo's cavern.  The dragon skull at the top of the room looks more like a pig skull to me at least.  I think it's snout needs to be a little longer...  or maybe it is just too flat...  hmmm.  Maybe it is just me though...  other than that it looks really good me.  Like always I am amazed with this project.
Ha, people on the team agree with you lol, it's a WIP remember.
« Reply #635 on: November 01, 2010, 03:49:56 am »
Yeah, Mamoruanime is just piecing the tiles together right now. We are still making comments and refining things like we usually do. It ends up pretty good in the end. We just took care of the Megaton hammer in a similar fashion. The problem of showing new screens is that people tend to think that it's finalized. There are also more WIP screens on the official project WIP: http://beta.zfgc.com/index.php/projects/gallery/index/8 Not sure people are aware of that gallery.
  • Pyxosoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #636 on: November 01, 2010, 04:25:26 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah basically all hand-drawn art as it stands right now is a placeholder :P I did all of that art in less than 5 minutes per piece on a monitor that stretches the screen quite a bit horizontally. That screen is also without the jaw piece, which would extend out the juts I made on the sides to give it that more pointy shape Dodongo's skull is known for :P

Anywho; expect a lot of that stuff to become more refined as things progress; just no point in focusing on it too hard right now until the dungeon is laid out completely :P

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #637 on: November 01, 2010, 05:37:10 am »
  • Xiphirx
That looks so god damn badass D:
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #638 on: November 01, 2010, 03:39:19 pm »
Screenie looks like the fire temple.
Nubcake now uses Purebasic!
« Reply #639 on: November 01, 2010, 04:38:33 pm »
That looks so god damn badass D:
Too true!
I'll add one of these later.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 77 queries.