Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP]Adult Link LttP Style using MC palette  (Read 4021 times)

[WIP]Adult Link LttP Style using MC palette
« on: September 04, 2011, 01:28:22 am »

I worked on this during the beginning of the summer a little more.  I won't say anything about the "project" as it was more or less me testing out cool little drawing features in GM8 that I never really messed with to make some neat looking file select screens.  There is a nice 8 way movement engine I threw together from scratch but that was as far as I got with it.  I did that because I really wanted to see how the movement animation looked in a game situation and I actually like it alot.  The sideways movement could be improved and I should add some hair movement maybe to moving down but other than that, I was pleased with it.

Um, the downward movement with the 2-handed sword looked a tad funky but the point was to have one full animation of him walking with a 2-handed sword for the file select screen if that was how the player saved the game(with the 2-handed sword equipped).  The other would be a sword and shield walking animation that I never got around to.  If the particular file was not highlighted, the Link image went idle and greyscale.

Anyway, blah blah blah....Maybe someone could build off of it.  It uses the Minish Cap palette which I was also going to go over LttP tilesets with so make a more "brighter" LttP styled game.

I may pick this back up during college for when i get bored.

tl:dr...

Hi, nice pic, no? :P
  • Super Fan Gamers!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: [WIP]Adult Link LttP Style using MC palette
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 07:19:16 am »
Could we have a sprite sheet of the sprites in LTTP colours so we can see the difference?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 07:37:50 am »

Nothing special.  Just the sheet on tSR.  I actually did quite a bit of work from teh original.  Most if not all frames had height increases of 2 pixels.  Hat was modified.  Shaded parts were changed a tad.  The 2-handed sword movement was edited alot from my edits of the walking frames.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 08:08:10 am »
I'm gonna make a wild but strange suggestion.

Could we see your link at only 1 pixel extra height and no pixels extra height?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 08:17:41 am »
Huh? I don't have any at just 1 and none.  I went straight from LttP to increase everything 2 pixels.  Then I changed the colors to the MC palette.  After that, I started doing the belt/strap, added gloves, then did the hat.

If you search the forum, i actually started this way back when screens of OoT 3DS were released.  I threw together a quick pose of what an LttP styled OoT3DS-2D Adult Link would look like since the colors on OoT3DS at that time looked brighter.

If I had in betweens, i would show you, but I do not have any. :(

I guess I could post my full WIP of the one from tSR.  It does not have the 2-handed walking animation though as that was done on a separate image.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 09:11:41 am »
Ah fair enough. I'll give it a shot. Weird thought but I think that your sprite could pull off the Adult look at less than 2 extra pixels height
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 09:20:35 am »
Maybe,...however, the game idea/story that the sprite was going to be used for, the player starts off as child Link, albeit for a very short time.  i just never got around to making a hatless child version.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:54:39 pm »
  • It's just Max.
If you gave him a height increase, did you also increase his width? In the walking down frames, a few look a little obese, or oddly conical, like he's shaped like a penguin. I really love the hylian shield, though, it's done masterfully, and the colours are beautiful. Perhaps something like this could be a bridge between alttp and mc sprites, to satisfy all the people who want to use sprites from both, and the people who hate mixing styles?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 50 queries.

anything