Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Zig! Move vote for great justice.

Hane
- 25 (56.8%)
Chopik
- 19 (43.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: August 05, 2007, 07:00:01 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hane vs Chopik (Thunder: August 4th)  (Read 13682 times)

Re: Hane vs Chopik (Thunder: August 4th)
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 02:06:22 pm »
What I mean with that is for them to update the graphics on Chopik. If you look in his topic you can see that I have upgraded his artwork a few times. :/
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 02:18:16 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
It's okay. As much as I want to win this; even if I do... Next I have to face the Nevermind. o.o I don want to be pwnd like that. I want a good close last match. Like I know this will be. Good luck Nevermind! Good luck Hane
Don't talk rubbish, now.
¤ This match isn't settled yet. You might as well win; time will tell!
¤ I bet you won't get pwned if you move further. I think we'd be, if something, somewhat even in that fight. :)
Good luck, Chopik!
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 02:45:08 pm »
Gawd I hope we aren't too even... Tie anyone? The Chopikmind!
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 02:57:21 pm »
  • =/
 Eh, Hane. None of the characters made me laugh so I went for the one that was more serious.
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2007, 03:25:29 pm »
Hane.

Now that Hoffy's changed Hane's art, the character is perfect, IMO. :D

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2007, 03:26:57 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
YAY CHOPIK!!!  XD
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 03:32:45 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Damn this is close. My alliances stay with Chopik, but I love Hane's new art guys.

GO CHOPIK!
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2007, 03:53:36 pm »
  • [sic]
Don't think they were supposed to make you laugh, piers. :P

And a lot of people seem to comment on voting fo he art, or the story.. I think the best way, what I do, is to vote on the overall aesthetic. Not too far removed from the character itself, but not digging holes into it, just the aesthetic of the character as a whole. And I tend to prefer light, bubbly, cartoony characters over darker, more serious characters unless I don't like the character, and overall Chopik simply appeals to me more. But if you'd used his updated art, I probably would've voted for Hane.
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2007, 04:19:57 pm »
Yeah, Hane's story is supposed to make you cry, not laugh! XD Okay, I don't think anyone cried because of that, but it's very dramatic.

And a lot of people seem to comment on voting fo he art, or the story.. I think the best way, what I do, is to vote on the overall aesthetic. Not too far removed from the character itself, but not digging holes into it, just the aesthetic of the character as a whole. And I tend to prefer light, bubbly, cartoony characters over darker, more serious characters unless I don't like the character, and overall Chopik simply appeals to me more. But if you'd used his updated art, I probably would've voted for Hane.
I usually consider the story more important than the art. Hane's story is excelent, while Chopik's isn't very good, IMO. The only thing that made Chopik a popular character is its simple and "cute" style.
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2007, 04:27:05 pm »
First of all: Yes, drawing cute animals is what I do and is how Digit got so far in the first competition.

Second: Chopik's story is still very good. It's not supposed to make you laugh yet it is supposed to be a comedic story. I wasn't going for a story that makes you laugh your ass off like Hyrule Boy's or something, I was going for a simple story that would do and give Chopik some reason.
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2007, 04:32:01 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Um, if I have a next match can  you please update the graphics to the one on the first page? Thank you.
I considered doing that for this match, but considering there were like seven designs out there, I didn't have a clue which one I should pick
My name is Pitt
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2007, 04:48:23 pm »
  • [sic]
Um, if I have a next match can  you please update the graphics to the one on the first page? Thank you.
I considered doing that for this match, but considering there were like seven designs out there, I didn't have a clue which one I should pick
Use this one:

lawl chopik debate
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2007, 04:52:08 pm »
POAST THEM ALL! Uh. Okay I don't want to drag the Chopik debate into other topics so lets just leave it at what it is. And Kame since that isn't official art of Chopik and it doesn't have my consent, they won't use it.
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2007, 04:58:29 pm »
  • [sic]
I know.
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007, 05:19:24 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Hane's characters gfx is much more detailed and more effort is put into his character. So he gets my vote.

Hane FTW! (And at least hane doesn't look like a pokemon)
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 05:49:18 pm »
Issac would you please shut the !@#$% up about Chopik looking like a pokemon. He doesn't. I based him off a giraffe. And just because Nintendo has based one of their pokemons on a giraffe as well does not mean that they are alike in any way.

Another thing; I don't remember for sure but I think someone else drew that version of Hane. And you don't know how much effort I put into Chopik now do you?
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 06:01:05 pm »
Another thing; I don't remember for sure but I think someone else drew that version of Hane. And you don't know how much effort I put into Chopik now do you?
To tell the truth, Hane's new art looks a lot like Acolyte's style. It really looks like they were made by the same person. Also, Invader Lupus draw an outline of Hane in that position, you can see it in Hane's topic.
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 06:04:43 pm »
  • [sic]
Guys, calm down. How much effort you put into it is irrelevant, it's fullness that people see, which is often perceived as effort. Honestly, your character isn't nearly as full as Hane's, and so it seems sloppier to people.

And yeah, lupus said he did the new art.
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2007, 06:05:33 pm »
  • =/
Second: Chopik's story is still very good. It's not supposed to make you laugh yet it is supposed to be a comedic story. I wasn't going for a story that makes you laugh your ass off like Hyrule Boy's or something, I was going for a simple story that would do and give Chopik some reason.

Yeah, Hane's story is supposed to make you cry, not laugh! XD Okay, I don't think anyone cried because of that, but it's very dramatic.

I realized a long time ago that most of these characters are not made for laughs and have real work put into them. I am just saying that a litle humour always makes a story more enjoyable for the reader, even if it is put in at a stress-full point.

At a movie store, would you rather get Super Troopers or Dawn of the Dead? (Assuming you havn't seen either.)
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2007, 06:09:29 pm »
  • [sic]

I realized a long time ago that most of these characters are not made for laughs and have real work put into them. I am just saying that a litle humour always makes a story more enjoyable for the reader, even if it is put in at a stress-full point.

At a movie store, would you rather get Super Troopers or Dawn of the Dead? (Assuming you havn't seen either.)
OK, but that's personal preference. I like comedies a lot too, but my favorite movies a artsy things about drugs or insanity or sel-discovery and stuff. I like that stuff more, it's a real mindfuck and I get into that.

I probably could've done a character like that, thinking about it. But nobody would've voted for it. Not that many voted for Cedris, although I was pleasantly surprised that I got half as many votes as Cirru cuz I thought I'd get like 2 against her.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 82 queries.

anything