Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metroid Crimson  (Read 8903 times)

Metroid Crimson
« on: April 13, 2006, 08:59:50 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev

The time has come for a Metroid Fangame to be made... in Flash MX 2004! Now with one demo and the story.

Story:
It was early in the morning. Samus was in her gunship, asleep, while it autopiloted back to Galactic Federation headquarters so she could give a mission summary. She woke to the sound of the ship's computer blaring. It was the sound of a distress call. Samus hit the accept button and her gunship changed course, heading to the largest station for lightyears; the Interplanetary Research Facility. As Samus entered the main hall, she noticed that something was wrong. There was nobody there, no alarms were sounding, and the station looked perfectly intact. As she continued through the facility, she saw a Space Pirate at a computer terminal. But it looked very different. As it turned and spotted her, she saw something very familiar about it. Its whole face looked as if it was made of a green, translucent, gelatinous substance with three pulsing cores attached to the outside by stringy looking veins. It hurried past Samus and fled the room. As she chased after it the loudspeaker came on and a pre-programmed voice announced that the station had been set to collide with a large planetary body that wasn't mapped on Galactic Federation star charts. Samus entered the docking bay and watched in horror as the Space Pirate flew away in her gunship. She ran for safety as the planet grew closer outside the station windows. Then there was darkness. Samus awoke in the main hall of IR facility. She stepped outside just as a thunderstorm was beginning. She was truely alone, and there wouldn't be anyone to help out this time.

Demos
-Demo 1: Run, Jump (in development), and Morph Ball. Just some engine testing.

So there you go. Metroid Crimson is well on its way. An engine demo and a story. Not featured here are 4 MIDIs (two slightly unfinished), and... oh, that's all else. Have fun and report any bugs please!
  • Lionfish Apps

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: Metroid Crimson
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 11:56:27 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Awesome :D! Metroid Games are always nice. Hope you do a great job with it ;D.

Hoffy.

Piers

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 01:25:02 am »
When your in morph ball you can force your way through the wall block. Other then that the custom metroid sprites should be a bit darker to match a SAD LONELY story. Hope it finishes
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 01:34:09 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Oh, I didn't even notice that! I wanted to make Morph Ball a little faster than normal walking, but I guess I didn't tell my blocks that. :P Anyhow, I like the sprites, and I always thought that Super Metroid's were too dark. They use too much black. Anyways, these will work well.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 01:38:08 am »
  • Its the joeshmo!
Another flash product moldorma? I misread the title as metroid critism. What key for morph ball?
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 02:43:27 am »
Well, its got choppy framerate rite now. Fix that up and itll be fine. :) Hope you get this done, I like metroid fan games.

shadow_caliber

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 03:13:07 am »
Yeah it look a little choppy and also why is Samus on her tip toes =P Anyway looks like a decent start. Oh and one more thing samus should duck before going into morph ball mode.
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 02:51:02 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Joeshmo: The key is down.
Sharks: Will do.
Shado-Cali: The Super Metroid sprites that I was using for reference were on tiptoe. I'd better check that out. And yeah, she does need to duck too.
  • Lionfish Apps

Limey

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 03:05:16 pm »
There is also a wierd error when in ball form, if you keep holding the direction you're going at the edge, you'll go through it slowly then pop out and fall :/

But this is pretty sweet looking ;)  I like the 2d metroid games, and Its cool that you're making this in flash, good luck :P
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 05:06:41 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I know what you mean Limey. And I know the cause of it.

I made the wall push you back the same amount of pixels that you move forward while standing. ut in Morph Ball to make it go faster I told it to move that many pixels plus 1. So you're actually moving through walls at 1 pixel per 12th of a second. :P
  • Lionfish Apps

Piers

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 06:53:21 pm »
I know what you mean Limey. And I know the cause of it.

I made the wall push you back the same amount of pixels that you move forward while standing. ut in Morph Ball to make it go faster I told it to move that many pixels plus 1. So you're actually moving through walls at 1 pixel per 12th of a second. :P
But won't that glitch the game a bit once you get further. Lets say theres a zoomer that pushes you back five more pixels everytime you hit it. When you get to the wall it will literatly push you through it.
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 08:06:20 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Well, the speed you move is actually a variable. So I could just have the walls push you however much the variable specified and then, problem solved. n_n
  • Lionfish Apps

gm112

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 08:23:38 pm »
i'm a freaking ghost WOOOOOO! I CAN FLOAT IN THE AIR! no rly, if you jump and be like a couple of steps away from a block you float... also while in air turn into a morph ball and you goo WOOOOoOoOOoOoo!!(float)

Piers

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 08:41:07 pm »
i'm a freaking ghost WOOOOOO! I CAN FLOAT IN THE AIR! no rly, if you jump and be like a couple of steps away from a block you float... also while in air turn into a morph ball and you goo WOOOOoOoOOoOoo!!(float)
I notcied that too along with the fact you can get inside the floor.
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 09:04:48 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Yeah, I had some trouble with htings like that. This was the first script I ever had to write for jumping, so, y'know. :P
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 09:18:08 pm »
  • You don't know me.
Looks pretty good. You do have a few problems with collsion detection, as has already been said. Also, if you run into that little "up" part of the floor, then stop, you'll be pushed back a full block. That would be pretty annoying in the real game. Would make jumping off a wall (if you programmed it in) impossible.

No one located in this area of the internet remembers me.
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 01:22:55 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Yeah. Some problems are there. But Im away from my home computer for the week, so I can't do anything about it right now. :P Sorry.
  • Lionfish Apps

shadow_caliber

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 05:16:41 am »
I think the reason the tip-toes looks so odd on this, is that shes standing with her legs together where as in a typical metroid sprite shes got one foot infront of the other.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 73 queries.