Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Avengers  (Read 1119 times)

The Avengers
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:18:25 pm »
Okay guys, I just got back from seeing The Avengers. It just premiered today in the Netherlands. The movie is in one word "Totally Awesome!!!!!!!" .... Okay two words. But still very true. The action (of that what I could see) was exciting. The interaction between the characters was very well played. The story was engaging. And the humor was better than many comedy movies.

There were some flaws though. First Scarlett Johanson could not convince me of being Russian. Her accent is just too American. However she was hot and gorgeous and played the rest of her role as the Black Widow very well. And I want to see more of her. DO YOU HEAR ME!! I WANT MORE!! Second the movie suffers much from the 3D effect. Yes! The Avengers is in crappy 3D. In the first half of the movie there are many scenes at night and when there is no artificial lights, such as street light or houses, in the vicinity you can just see what is happening without the 3D glasses. With the 3D glasses it is too dark to recognize anything. You see some shades moving about on screen and some bright flashes due to special effects. But most of what is going on you need to piece together from the sounds and dialog, which is really well done by the way.

I had three trailers before the movie:
Men in Black 3: It started out with me squealing of joy, however by the end of the trailer I declared the movie Dead before Arival.
Prometheus: I thought first we are going to get another transformers movie. By the end I was just confused. What is this movie about.
The Amazing Spider-man: Not much to say. Tried to use the 3D effect, however the trailer wasn't really exciting.

I'm not going deeper into the movie yet because due to possible spoilers. And I want to go to bed. But to anyone who has seen the movie, please post your thoughts on it.
Re: The Avengers
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:14:58 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
The trailers make it look like the Tony Stark Show...  I guess that's understandable when you've got Robert Downey Jr., but it's still a bit annoying that it's pretty much what they're selling the movie on.  I've not been nearly as excited as most people about the whole, "bringing comic book continuity to film" thing, and of the five previous movies I only sorta liked two of them...  That might just be because I don't like action movies very much.  Coincidentally the reason I only sorta liked the two that I did was because of extremely weak third acts...  Hmm...

Always hated Men in Black, Spiderman doesn't look very good, and if Prometheus is even half as good as Alien then I'll be happy.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 07:48:33 pm »
I could understand that. When you have one loudmouth know-it-all kid among silent, brooding or timid children that it seems like the world evolves around that kid. However with this movie each of the characters screen time and presence is well balanced. Although the black widow could have had some more (for obvious reasons  XD). Some of the best scenes are actually credited to the Hulk/Bruce Banner and not Iron Man/Tony Stark.

I would agree with you that putting some continuity over several different franchise movies to come to one movie is bad. It can be likely that there are people that haven't seen them all. However with the Avengers you have so many iconic characters with each their very large and detailed background stories. Putting all of that allong in the Avengers movie would have made things rushed and unbalanced. It was a great risk that Marvel took, but it did pay off. Because without the origin crap of each individual character, they could focus more on developing them as a team. And this Whedon did an incredible job on this.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:08:26 pm »
Im not reading your post because I do not want to be spoiled. But I was surprised the reviews are very positive. I kinda of thought this one was going to suck.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 06:47:22 pm »
Saw it. Loved it. Just to recap without spoilers: the Hulk scenes were beter any of his seperate movies that have come out thus far. I was pleasantly surprised XD
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 04:53:42 am »
I liked the movie. pretty good but it was kind of long, like 2 hours.

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 03:56:33 pm »
I would expect a movie with such a large cast of characters to be a minimum of 2 hours.  I'm so !@#$% tired of 90 minute movies.  I like long films and I like feeling like I got my money's worth.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 01:15:42 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I just saw this movie yesterday and God damn, I was impressed. I'm not going to write any spoilers, but I will agree that the Hulk scenes were INCREDIBLE and HILARIOUS.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 12:29:14 am »
So I did end up going to see this movie and I loved it so much I went to see it again.  I don't remember the last time I wasn't bored by lengthy action scenes, and that aside the movie is extremely intelligent (comparatively that is).  I could go on and on about how the pacing is practically perfect, but I don't think I need to convince anyone...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 56 queries.

anything