Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Volatile Space [7/22/12 new video]  (Read 2937 times)

[WIP] Volatile Space [7/22/12 new video]
« on: July 03, 2012, 02:44:42 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Volatile Space (Working Title)
Scientists aboard the research vessel known as the Pea have been drifting into the depths of space to record data on uncharted regions of the cosmos for months. They have recently drifted into an area they call Volatile Space, for its random oceans of extremely hot and cold gasses, and relentless waves of icy and fire-y meteors.

To ensure their survival you will have to man the defensive shield, which rotates 360ยบ around the edge of the ship. If the ship is drifting through a cloud of hot gas, you will have to block fire-y meteors, and allow icy ones to hit the ship. Vice-versa when the ship is in a cloud of cold gas.

If you let the ship's temperature go beyond its maximum or minimum temperature thresholds, the hull integrity will begin to drop. If you manage to get the temperature back under control, the engineers on-board can repair the damage, slowly...
Occasionally you may also see solid asteroids which, if not blocked, will directly impact hull integrity! Be careful!

Eye-candy
VIDEO (7/22/12)
Video showing off gameplay concepts. Some graphical glitches are present, some envisioned features are not yet implemented, and some numbers need to be tweaked for optimal gameplay, but the core concepts are here in this video

Latest Screen: I can now control space-clouds through code. I don't think I'll sandwich them together like this ever in-game, but it certainly looks cool!

Beginning work on cold fronts
Beginning work on hot fronts
Blocking meteors in a neutral zone
Original concept sketch

EDIT: I should mention, this is going to be a mobile game, targeting Android at first, and iOS at a later date if the Android version is profitable
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:02:41 am by NickAVV »
  • Lionfish Apps
Re: [WIP] Volatile Space
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:59:47 am »
This game is just great. I think the design of the gameplay is cool (and sometimes hot, gotta keep fixing the ship temp.)
I might be doing the soundtrack for this game, if I can get Logic and a cable to plug in my external keyboard. If not the soundtrack could be all acoustic-y, that might actually be neat.

I suggest getting farther in programming the gameplay, then making a video of me playing it, on your phone.
Re: [WIP] Volatile Space
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 05:16:46 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
You just want to play it, don't you? Anyway, here's a new screenshot with particle effects for a hot front. Block fireballs, catch ice-balls!

• Lionfish Apps

thestig

Re: [WIP] Volatile Space [7/6/12 new screenshot]
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 06:50:04 am »
Woah my bad for missing this. This seems like a game intended for the web or mobile spaces, to be honest. So it would be wise if you were to target Android/iOS devices.

The concept itself seems like a rather ingenius re-envisioned version of Inertia. Except rather than being offensive, you're defensive. Do you plan on having a story of some sort? If not, then do you at least plan on having like an exploration-type-of devise? Like different planets to go to, upgrades for your ship? If not, then I suppose this is merely a basic, run-in-the-mill space-based game? ;p That's not a bad thing either. I'm just rather curious with what you're going for with this concept.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 02:11:47 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Yeah, no control over your ship beyond the shielding arm, you just drift aimlessly. I'm trying to stop myself from getting too ambitious with it because I never ever ever finish games. But I think I've got a good shot at this one.

So it's just a simple arcade-style game, there'll be online leaderboards and whatnot. I'm going to have unlockable bonus stuff, that doesn't effect gameplay though, which I think everybody will like
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 04:20:13 pm »
gm, it is just an Android game. That'd be a pretty sweet idea for a more ambitious sequel, to have an exploration part of the game as well.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 09:51:47 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
A cold front rolls in:

• Lionfish Apps
Re: [WIP] Volatile Space [7/8/12 new screenshot]
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 01:45:35 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I've got cloud-control in code now. Sexy? Yes

• Lionfish Apps
Re: [WIP] Volatile Space [7/22/12 new video]
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 02:02:54 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
VIDEO (7/22/12)
Video showing off gameplay concepts. Some graphical glitches are present, some envisioned features are not yet implemented, and some numbers need to be tweaked for optimal gameplay, but the core concepts are here in this video
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 55 queries.