Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Defining Map dimensions,  (Read 4958 times)

Defining Map dimensions,
« on: July 28, 2015, 04:01:19 am »
I find it really critical to define the global overworld map dimensions and what each area dimension will be, even if it's just a blank space defining the size prior to starting any mapping will help us get an idea of what it is required.

once this is done we should start drawing Link's movement through his quest in the map even if it's empty it will help us see unused areas and such, and perhaps start mapping sidequest related things, I was thinking in using an interactive map similar to GOT one in which we could see each key milestone in link quest: http://quartermaester.info/ .

once this is done focus on mapping the houses' entrance or dungeon's entrance only, then once this is done move and map all the overworld area, and fill with sidequest, if it's not used it shouldn't be added, this way we will be mapping critical storyline related areas first. so.. what you think guys?
Re: Defining Map dimensions,
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 12:40:28 am »
  • It's just Max.
This is a solid strategy! I think we might have actually settled on map dimensions at one point, I'll do some sleuthing and try to dig that up.

Edit:
Never mind, everything I'm finding is pointing toward there being no settling. Does anyone know what dimensions Link to the Past, Oracle games, or Minish Cap was? We could base it off that.

I checked a little, I think the game boy color games were 16x16 screen over worlds. Each screen looks to be 10x8 tiles, not counting the item bar thing. So 160x128 pixel screens gives those overworlds a size of 2560x2048. I imagine a link to the past has a much bigger overworld, because that's how it felt. Much less divided up.

Non sequitur: woo! Post no. 1000!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:20:44 am by Donotfeedthemax »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 42 queries.

anything