Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a level designer  (Read 2152 times)

Chesu

Looking for a level designer
« on: January 29, 2007, 08:51:30 pm »
I'm currently looking for someone who can design the layout of dungeons. Not to actually make the area in an imaging program- just to design the flow of everything.

I'm able to map out the area, etc, but I'm just terrible at level design. I need someone to design the shape and flow of rooms in a dungeon, and to create puzzles based on certain items. If you're interested, either PM me or post here.

edit: If you're interested in trying it out, but don't want to contact me out of the fear that you might fail, you can try it on your own! Open your favorite image editing program, or whatever you plan to use, and listen up!

The first dungeon I have planned is the inner sanctum of a shrine. The player will enter the dungeon with only the sword and shield. Items obtainable in the dungeon are the Map, the Compass, the Big Key, and an item called the Cane of Meru. The Map and Compass should each require a simple puzzle or the defeat of certain enemies to attain.

There should be at least two or three puzzles (unrelated to Map and Compass) before reaching the miniboss room where the Cane of Meru is found. After acquiring the Cane of Meru, there should be at least two puzzles using it and a fair amount of enemies before reaching the Big Key. (Note: The Cane of Meru has the power to lift objects which have blue orbs embedded in them, such as blocks, statues, etc., and leave them floating in the air until the player has left the room or used the Cane of Meru on a different object.)

The boss is located outside of the inner sanctum, so the boss room should not appear in your design. If you don't like how your design turns out, you don't have any obligation to me, so I never even have to know you did it.  :tek:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 09:08:11 pm by Chesu »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 34 queries.

anything