Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Pre)-Resident Evil 2D...{Update 3}  (Read 7637 times)

(Pre)-Resident Evil 2D...{Update 3}
« on: June 04, 2007, 07:02:03 am »
Resident Evil 2D

July 1998,
A series of bizarre murders have plagued the outskirts of Racoon City. The murders took place
in the Arklay Mountains just outside Racoon City. The Police have had reports of strange animals
or a group of people that were spotted during these attacks. Victims were apparently....eaten.
S.T.A.R.S. is sent to investigate.(Special Tactics and Rescue Squad) Bravo was sent in,but never
reported back. Now Alpha team begins the search for their comrades and the answer to the murders.
Alpha soon finds Bravo's helicopter. They were not prepared for what they saw. One of the pilots
was half eaten. Joseph of Alpha team is soon attacked by a group of dogs and perishes. The others(Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Albert Wesker, and Barry Burton) make for their chopter, but it was too late. Brad Vickers,pilot for Alpha team, was not known for his courage and fled with the helicopter, leaving the others behind. They began to make their way to mansion to find refuge. They thought it was safe.

If only they knew.....

That's an introduction to Resident Evil. Before fanboys get angry(I'm a fanboy of RE), I know this isn't exact,but I don't have the official introduction handy at the moment. I have been watching the intro's of both the PS and GC versions, collecting the plot and such. I'll eventually have a more official introduction later.

You play as either Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine.

Chris Redfield is known for his endurance. He has survived several missions with his survival techniques.
He has better resistance and health of the two playable characters.

Jill Valentine is a master lockpicker. She can pick most any normal lock. Shes also has increased agility over the other playable character.

For now, I only have Chris Redfield as playable. I can't edit sprites worth crap, so I am only going to have him playable for now.

Graphics will be on par with a snes or gba. At the moment, the graphics are rips from the GBC RE, Resident Evil Gaiden.

Music will be the original soundtrack from RE PS version. Only a few midi's exist so...well...

Playability:
Features a top down veiw. The player can move in eight directions. The original used a "tank" style for movement, that will not be in this version. Players can use one weapon at a time. Items and weapons are accessed from a menu. The players health is displayed in the menu not on the playfield. There are limited uses for saving. Players must find ink ribbons along the way to save their progress.

Demo:
Not yet available...

Experiemental Demo:(IE Collisions,movement,actions,menu,etc)
Update 3
This engine contains V0.02 and has included a zombie plus A.I.
Controls are the same. The zombie will walk aimlessly around unless you get too close...You can out-run him or shoot him...He does not yet harm you...He can be killed.
Mirror
Update 2
This engine is collision engine 0.011 plus a new firing mode.
Version 0.02
Mirror1
Mirror2

Controls
Arrow Keys:Move Character
Z:Enters firing mode
Control:Shoots
X:Exit firing mode

I can't figure out how to exit firing mode by releasing Z. I'm not using GM so it ain't as easy as it sounds.lol. So I made X to exit firing mode.

Once again, this is just a movement and collisions demo.

Team:
Only myself for now...I mainly just need spriters and tilers...I can handle the rest.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 01:51:41 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: (Pre)-Resident Evil 2D...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 08:46:58 am »
Wich program are you using to make this?
Re: (Pre)-Resident Evil 2D...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:03:49 am »
2 points:

a) Fix collision, its really buggy.
b) You do not need an installer for such a small demo, just distribute it as an exe.
Re: (Pre)-Resident Evil 2D...{Update}
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 10:28:14 pm »
Here's for a quick update:

I am working at the moment as I am typing this on the firing system.
Um, I really need you guys to give some C+C on V0.011.  If it's a little better than I'll go with that.
I still REALLY need someone who can sprite or do tiles/backgrounds. Please PM if you have an interest in this project. You can also check my topic in the Recruitment Section.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: (Pre)-Resident Evil 2D...{Update}
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 01:08:42 am »
Another quickie:

Finished the firing system.  There are no zombies yet to shoot but you can try out how it works.

Remember I need some C+C.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: (Pre)-Resident Evil 2D...{Update 3}
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 01:48:37 am »
Another full update!

Check for update 3!Zombies included!

C+C
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 03:22:44 am »
Downloaded the 3rd update one from the mirror, when i try to open it i get a .dll error.

From the screen, it looks like it can be tempting. Good luck with RE 2D.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 03:42:14 am »
Oh the .dll error...I guess I'll put up the installation version then...give me a minute or so.

EDIT:It should be an installation file now.You've got to extract all then run the setup.exe.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 03:49:30 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 03:53:27 am »
Yep, the install is there now. Not bad for a semi-walking demo. Although i agree with helios about the colliseon as when you go to as wall the player and room start flickering.

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 04:09:42 am »
It was fixed. I don't know what happened.  It changed something after I added the zombie into the game.
It doesn't respond the way I programmed it to when you walk into the wall....I'll look into it more after I update and add more stuff!
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 01:27:05 am »
Cool concept, RE for the GBC eh? Didn't think that came out unless it leaked or something.

Here's to supporting the project, wish I could help but I don't do graphics, just programming ;)
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 02:25:13 pm »
  • <3 goggles
Cool concept, RE for the GBC eh? Didn't think that came out unless it leaked or something.

Here's to supporting the project, wish I could help but I don't do graphics, just programming ;)

;D
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 02:28:54 am »

;D

Ahh geez, Gaiden... didn't even think of that one, hehe.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 08:47:28 pm »
Thanks for the support....I am only using the Gaiden sprites for a template to work out the engine...Then if I can get someone to do sprites they'll all be changed...hopefully
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 12:43:31 am »
  • <3 goggles
Thanks for the support....I am only using the Gaiden sprites for a template to work out the engine...Then if I can get someone to do sprites they'll all be changed...hopefully
I know, I know! And it's fine.
Im just lettin Trask know about it. ;)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 12:14:54 am »
  • You got the Master Sword!
this game looks great XD when will you have new demos out?

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 12:42:37 am »
*cough*..gravedig..*end cough*

Um, I am really not working on this at the moment.  I am writing a story to make a completely original RE fangame instead.  Sorry.  That engine is all I have of RE 2d...Maybe some day I'll pick it back up.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 01:30:19 am »
  • You got the Master Sword!
*cough*..gravedig..*end cough*

Um, I am really not working on this at the moment.  I am writing a story to make a completely original RE fangame instead.  Sorry.  That engine is all I have of RE 2d...Maybe some day I'll pick it back up.
ok... :'(

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.414 seconds with 70 queries.