Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: z3 2010  (Read 19099 times)

Re: z3 2010
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 08:00:11 am »
  • Minalien
- Program (and sprite) a unique ability for Link that does not appear in MC for the Community Project in MC style.
Not everybody here cares about/likes Game Maker, or the "CP." <.< I understand that you were just giving an idea, but it helps to illustrate my following point:

Anyway, I think that quick programming-oriented competitions would be nice, so long as they aren't something that's restricted to a certain tool/language.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 08:47:36 am »
- Program (and sprite) a unique ability for Link that does not appear in MC for the Community Project in MC style.
Not everybody here cares about/likes Game Maker, or the "CP." <.< I understand that you were just giving an idea, but it helps to illustrate my following point:
I understand that, but the problem is that no one has been developing any C++ opensource engines. There are a number of great C++ projects, but their engines and source code is all kept secret as if they are game companies that will get money from the engines.

I love to make quick programming contests, but you should also keep in mind that for quick programming contests you often need to offer a base program that people can work with.

The second reason I am offering that idea, is to get people interested and thus getting more speed in the development and finishing it sooner. In order to start projects that more people are interested in, like making a complete game or even starting a C++ engine.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 08:49:06 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I do actually like the idea of people being challenged to make a feature for the CP while maintaining the existing spirit of that engine.
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 02:27:30 pm »
  • Minalien
I do actually like the idea of people being challenged to make a feature for the CP while maintaining the existing spirit of that engine.
STFU
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 05:41:33 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
I think indie games should be allowed, just not let them overshadow the zelda games. maybe hand a few awards out for indie games as well? z3 was just something coined after e3 (like stated earlier) so it really has no significance as being zelda only, i mean look at the site, we even have a section for games not related to zelda.
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2010, 09:55:25 am »
Sorry, I guess I assumed z3 wrong.
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2010, 09:35:43 pm »
well, we could always add two extra weeks, the normal z3 lasting two weeks but with pure zelda related stuff, after the two weeks another z3 with pure indie games, or  the other way around, first indie games and stuff and then zelda stuff.
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2010, 09:46:23 pm »
I don't think you will get enough projects for that.
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2010, 09:47:41 pm »
;/ hmm well it could be one week and one week. but not sure, I would like to see both indie and zelda.
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2010, 10:01:54 pm »
z3 should be a mostly Zelda event, non-Zelda stuff will be accommodated though. Allocating equal time to both undermines that or drags on the event too much; and the turn-out for non-Zelda games will likely be less. For the event, non-Zelda games and engines would be dispersed such that the Zelda projects still outnumbered them more than 2 to 1 each day.

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2010, 06:41:11 am »
If you're introducing new projects each day, wouldn't the first projects introduced get more attention and have an advantage over the others? People would be exposed to it longer.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2010, 06:55:59 am »
That could be a possibility, although the attention those older topics get would get inhibited by the posting of at least 2 or 3 new topics. I see what you're saying though in that the topics posted last would have the least time to be seen. There could be a week of staggered release and then a week set aside for viewing. The way in which the staggering is done could be also such that it was every other day or something too. I don't know. I guess either way certain topics will lose attention - be it staggered or mass release.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2010, 03:20:03 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.

Sprites from my z3 contribution. Commence speculation.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2010, 04:49:23 pm »
  • .越//

either taxi driver gb or GTA GB ;P

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2010, 05:06:42 pm »

The Legend of Zelda: Road Warrior  :P

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2010, 12:19:34 am »
@4sword
Hmm, I guess there's always that unfair factor when it comes down to it, like which ones you see first when you check it. I guess the week after could at least give it some more balance.

@dj
Oh noes its jpeg =(

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2010, 05:31:59 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
@Ethelon that's my new thing when releasing incomplete spritsheets. :P
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2010, 12:38:35 am »
Oh mk.
Maybe it's just me but the diagonal ones seem odd to me, like they might be going uphill or downhill o.o

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2010, 06:11:20 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

IIII KNNNOWWWSSS :D
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2010, 06:40:44 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I remember, at one point we talked about including fan fiction and other "projects" that were not necessarily game-intensive.  I'm not sure if there's much of a base for that here, but it might be a recruiting opportunity.

An application-form is a must, in my opinion.  When people have to fill something out, it at least improves how they look at their presentations.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 73 queries.