Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [Completed]The Legend of Zelda - Realm of Shadows [NEW!!! V3.0]  (Read 47711 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda - Realm of Shadows
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 03:54:55 pm »
The boy, really thank you but how the game is published I won´t modifique it........ i am boring of this game (lot of time making it!!) and I don´t want modifique it and upload (and publish) it again! thank you ;) XD
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 04:58:07 pm »
ok..  XD i live to serve  ;) if you ever need anymore help, you know where to find me.
I'll add one of these later.
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 06:13:55 pm »
Yeah I played it a bit. I only got out of the cave and into the Secrets Library. But I have the following remarks:

1 ) Intro takes too long before it scrolls, without any people walking in. Then more waiting for anything to happen.

2 ) Shitload of spelling and translation errors.

3 ) The first guy that talks to you screams "pedophile". How do I come to this conclusion, because of this quote where he introduces himself: "And I am Lonely... Well, I don't know my real name..." And then there is the rest of the dialogue, where he invites you to see his home as your home. I sure hope it is an error. It just gives me the chills.

4 ) Water blocking me like a wall? And no drowning.

5 ) Without a savegame pressing E when game over does nothing.

6 ) Speaking to people is glitchty. You need a real precise position for it.

7 ) Diagonal movement speed up. When moving diagonally Link seems to move notably faster.

8 ) What is it with the white flash when the music (re)starts

9 ) I start to jump of a ledge, when I walk up against the bottom.

10 ) Going through a door by merely gracing it and not actually entering.

You say, you don't want to spend more time on it, but the game still could use a lot of work. Have you even asked a number of people to test it before releasing it as the final version? The readme says you made to previous Zelda fangames. Are they made on the same engine? And what did you program of the game?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:50:29 pm by Niek »
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 06:19:42 pm »
also, have you credited Warlock for the sprites of his you used?

I'm sure they were his. it's only manners  XD! (....wait, are those zora sprites new :huh:)
I'll add one of these later.

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 07:30:10 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
also, have you credited Warlock for the sprites of his you used?

I'm sure they were his. it's only manners  XD! (....wait, are those zora sprites new :huh:)

The zora sprites are old, by the way, what Neik said, those are somethings to look in to, the first guy did make me feel uncomfortable lol.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 09:15:24 pm »
Yeah I played it a bit. I only got out of the cave and into the Secrets Library. But I have the following remarks:

1 ) Intro takes too long before it scrolls, without any people walking in. Then more waiting for anything to happen.

2 ) Shitload of spelling and translation errors.

3 ) The first guy that talks to you screams "pedophile". How do I come to this conclusion, because of this quote where he introduces himself: "And I am Lonely... Well, I don't know my real name..." And then there is the rest of the dialogue, where he invites you to see his home as your home. I sure hope it is an error. It just gives me the chills.

4 ) Water blocking me like a wall? And no drowning.

6 ) Speaking to people is glitchty. You need a real precise position for it.

7 ) Diagonal movement speed up. When moving diagonally Link seems to move notably faster.

8 ) What is it with the white flash when the music (re)starts

9 ) I start to jump of a ledge, when I walk up against the bottom.

10 ) Going through a door by merely gracing it and not actually entering.

You say, you don't want to spend more time on it, but the game still could use a lot of work. Have you even asked a number of people to test it before releasing it as the final version? The readme says you made to previous Zelda fangames. Are they made on the same engine? And what did you program of the game?

Thank for playing and comment!!

I answer you (sorry for my bad english!!)
1-Is true (before i didn´t think it!). Although it creates and "misterius atmosphere"  XD
2-Yes. Sorry. At first this game was in Spanish....... we did that we could... (bunabart translated it, he studies english at school)
3-LOL xDD  XD (you make me laught!). Obviliusly me not ¿screams? pedophile :o. He is a hermit, lonely in his cave. That were the intention, never promote the pedophilie!
4-Later you will can swim! (ok, it would be better if you drown but it is not so :()
5-If you save, when you died you can press E for load. It works good, no? or didn´t i understand you?
6-May be, i am already accustomed!
7-True. Is hard make it how you say....
8-the square that appears at firsts of rooms. Is a little bug :-[
9-What?  ::) don´t understand ¿?
10-Yess... it only happens in professional zeldas XD (really is true but is a small detail)

Yes, it has 7 beta tester!: Efa games (= FPC) , Bunabart, Masterkey, Pablo, Henri, Nokaubure, Dacov :)
before they searched bugs, there was a loooot of bugs! I fixed the most but some escaped

Exists two zelda fan games before this. They are worse than this and smaller, this inherids some of its codes, but is very improved respect them. I made both XD they are:
-The Legend of Zelda Kaepora Gaebora
-The Legend of Zelda Flames of Darkness
But..... ONLY IN SPANISH!! :'( XD you can search them with google
I made all with game maker 5.3A and all codes are mine. I hate the engines XD

THE BOY:
Warlock?? i found that sprites by google, i said "more sprites found with google". :-[ NOW i edit and name him in all my post!!
Yes, the zoras are new!!thank if i need you i will say! :-[ XD

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 01:27:29 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Don't use sprites you find on google images... ever.

If you don't know who made them to credit them, they're not for use. Rule of thumb for not pissing off people.

I dare say remove any and all sprites you are unsure of and add placeholders, and see if people here would be willing to make replacements.
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 06:29:57 am »
5-If you save, when you died you can press E for load. It works good, no? or didn´t i understand you?
It is very simple you just have to do this:

1 ) Start a new game -> Save game -> Die -> Press E                Result: Works like a charm
2 ) Start a new game -> Die -> Press E                                    Result: Nothing happens, You have to press Esc to exit the game.

Because you don't create a save game when someone starts a new game, there is nothing to load when the person dies before saving.
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 12:19:49 pm »
Mamoru: ok, i won´t do it again :(. I named him in all my post. But the game is done and published
Niek: yes, but it is obvius, if not exists a game saved you can´t load. In the game over screen, press Enter for return to the title
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 04:21:27 pm »
I played it a bit; I'm in the second dungeon on the second floor, but I'm completely stuck.  :huh:
I've walked around the entire dungeon multiple times, but I can't figure out, where that last key is supposed to be. I need it for the door in the screenshot.

The game is not the best game possible, sure, but it's completed, which is a huge plus, and it's not in ZC.
That's why I play it, and I also like the design of the world map.

I could talk about bugs and so on, but since you don't want to improve the game anymore it's kinda pointless. I'll tell you a few things though, that could help you for future games:

- Changing the resolution when you enter a new room is terrible, you shouldn't do that anymore (that one boss fight in the pirate village, which leads me to my second point ...)
 - That boss fight is unfair, because you are not warned that it will happen and therefore you don't know that you should save before you enter that portal (the pirate in that cave didn't say anything. is that a bug?). Of course I died, and my last savegame was at least 20 minutes ago.  :'(
 - There is too much pointless backtracking in the game (almost everywhere; luckily the warp rings help a bit)
 - Puzzles should stay cleared, once you complete them.

I also wanted to tell you, that although the quality of this game isn't that of a real Zelda game, I enjoyed it and I would like to continue playing it (if I could find that key  ;)).

Could you please tell me where I can find that key? Or do you have a walkthrough for this game?

EDIT: Hey, I attached the savegame, so you can know exactly where I am.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:27:58 pm by Sahittam »

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 06:04:06 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Xiphirx: what problem is if they posted also the translation?? :o
i undestand english but my level is basic, ...... play it if you can..!

Sorry, missed this reply.

There isn't a problem if they post a translation, they just need to make sure that it has an English counterpart in the same post. So, when you talk in a different language here, you need to translate it into English for the rest of the community to understand.

Don't worry about your English being basic, it looks like you're not having any problems.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 02:00:20 pm »
I played it a bit; I'm in the second dungeon on the second floor, but I'm completely stuck.  :huh:
I've walked around the entire dungeon multiple times, but I can't figure out, where that last key is supposed to be. I need it for the door in the screenshot.

The game is not the best game possible, sure, but it's completed, which is a huge plus, and it's not in ZC.
That's why I play it, and I also like the design of the world map.

I could talk about bugs and so on, but since you don't want to improve the game anymore it's kinda pointless. I'll tell you a few things though, that could help you for future games:

- Changing the resolution when you enter a new room is terrible, you shouldn't do that anymore (that one boss fight in the pirate village, which leads me to my second point ...)
 - That boss fight is unfair, because you are not warned that it will happen and therefore you don't know that you should save before you enter that portal (the pirate in that cave didn't say anything. is that a bug?). Of course I died, and my last savegame was at least 20 minutes ago.  :'(
 - There is too much pointless backtracking in the game (almost everywhere; luckily the warp rings help a bit)
 - Puzzles should stay cleared, once you complete them.

I also wanted to tell you, that although the quality of this game isn't that of a real Zelda game, I enjoyed it and I would like to continue playing it (if I could find that key  ;)).

Could you please tell me where I can find that key? Or do you have a walkthrough for this game?

EDIT: Hey, I attached the savegame, so you can know exactly where I am.

HAHA that key is very hidden! (i think that i am repentant because i hide it too :-[)

Ok, that key is under a yellow statue in the room where is a stairs (or ladder?)
That room looks so:

E   E*
  S
E   E

E=statue
S=stairs
You must put a bomb in the E* and take the key
The Spaniards have not problem because the guide explains where is it but obviliusly you can´t understand it.
If you don´t find it, i will put here a screen

Abaut the boss of the pirates, is a mini-bug because those pirates don´t warn you that if you entry in the teletransport will fight with the boss. Only happens in english, in spanish that pirate says you that. It is the Captain´s dog XD
 (the most hard boss of the game, but also in any place of map, a big ice dragon is waiting you :o)

When you finish the lv2 return to first village and talk with the port´s man. Soon you will have the LV2 fins!!! (and swim all map)

If you have any doubt, question it! :)

THANKS for this comment!!!!

Xiphirx: ok, no problem!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 02:28:31 pm by sbs91 »
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 04:25:25 pm »
Thanks! I found it. Now I can finally continue playing.  XD

EDIT: Oh, I just realized that the spanish game guide contains a complete walkthrough. I'll translate it with google if I have more problems.

I liked to find Subrosia, by the way. It was very unexpected.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 04:39:57 pm by Sahittam »
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 10:34:27 pm »
Thanks! I found it. Now I can finally continue playing.  XD

EDIT: Oh, I just realized that the spanish game guide contains a complete walkthrough. I'll translate it with google if I have more problems.

I liked to find Subrosia, by the way. It was very unexpected.

Hi, did you arrived to the LV3?? if you continue playing i would like to know it!
In my 3 games of zelda appears the subrosians, i like them XD
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 11:27:08 pm »
  • Make your best move ass-bite!
 :o

well it looks like an imposter is taking credit for this game:
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/153996-the-legend-of-zelda-realm-of-shadow

All those kids on that site just steal !@#$%.
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 02:52:06 pm »
Yes, I arrived at Lv 3; I just entered Lv 5, actually!

So far my favourite part of the game would be the Water Temple. I don't know why I like it, maybe because the underwater parts add another dimension to the 2D game.

I don't have much time to play right now, but I'll definitely finish this game later.
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2010, 12:25:29 pm »
:o

well it looks like an imposter is taking credit for this game:
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/153996-the-legend-of-zelda-realm-of-shadow

All those kids on that site just steal !@#$%.

Noooo! hi is EFA GAMES!! (FPC in yoyogames), now a moderator delete the game :(, ok will say to him that upload the game again
But, no problem (in that case) beacause the first screen says "Created by SBS (me)"
But thank you for warn!!

Yes, I arrived at Lv 3; I just entered Lv 5, actually!

So far my favourite part of the game would be the Water Temple. I don't know why I like it, maybe because the underwater parts add another dimension to the 2D game.

I don't have much time to play right now, but I'll definitely finish this game later.

Wow lv5!! yeah, the lv4 is the best (for me) but the lv6 is "pretty" :) you will see it
And lv8 [crypt of darkness] (secret) is really hard (and fun), is a challenge
Thanks for playing!
PD: really, is bad translated, is "The Temple of Sea" or "Sea Temple" I don´t know
and, the poem of the skeleteon, is hardest in spanish, in english is very easy xD
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 12:37:15 pm by sbs91 »
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 05:23:19 pm »
Overall i would give it a 2.5/5 reasons are as follows.
  • Collisions Could have been better
  • Graphics could have been improved
  • At 30 FPS the quality is poor , use 60.
  • The English translation could have made more sense but i guess it's not your fault.
  • Mixing Sounds from different versions of Zelda is a bad idea IMO.
Nubcake now uses Purebasic!
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2010, 11:27:00 am »
Overall i would give it a 2.5/5 reasons are as follows.
  • Collisions Could have been better
  • Graphics could have been improved
  • At 30 FPS the quality is poor , use 60.
  • The English translation could have made more sense but i guess it's not your fault.
  • Mixing Sounds from different versions of Zelda is a bad idea IMO.

-This is game maker..... and i am a person
-Is true but, in this game i prefered use the classic graphic, i like the game boy zeldas, and they have similar graphics
-Always i use 30 FPS in my games. The overworld can´t go with more speed (is a big room)
-Was bunabart... he is spaniard
-Ok

Thanks for your opinion, but i think that you need more reasons for subtract 2.5 points.. no?

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2010, 11:56:20 am »
It's not just that there are more detailed explanations like , using a mask and corner cutting implemented , i'm not saying it has to be perfect but these are a few things you could consider ^ _ ^

-Always i use 30 FPS in my games. The overworld can´t go with more speed (is a big room)

I don't understand what difference that makes , more fps makes the game look smoother .
Nubcake now uses Purebasic!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 74 queries.