Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desertion  (Read 4260 times)

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
Desertion
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:40:13 am »
  • Forstride Productions

Description:

Desertion is a survival/exploration game that takes place on a large, uninhabited island full of lush forests, murky swamps, and much more.  Survive, explore, farm, and conquer anything thrown at you with a wide arsenal of weapons, tools, supplies, and everything you need to survive.

Screenshots:

Download:

None yet

Closing:

This is my first serious, original project.  I've done all of the graphics myself, all of the programming, etc.  I plan on selling the game (When it's finished of course), as pay-what-you-want.  There will be a free trial version where you're limited to 15 minutes, and some areas on the island are closed off.

Other:

For those wondering more about the game, it's going to be sort of like Lost in Blue (Survival game for Nintendo DS), but with some RPG elements thrown in, such as leveling, stats, and more.  Leveling will allow you to access more parts of the island, as the island is going to be pretty big.  Stats will include things like Fishing, Firemaking, and other survival-related attributes that you can increase.

Back to the island...There are going to be over 50 unique "area themes."  For instance, forests, swamp, mountains, deserts, etc.  I've always dreamed of a game that has all different kinds of geographical areas like that, and of course, there will be some original/made-up ones too.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:30:03 am by TDWP FTW »

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
Re: Desertion
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:07:30 am »
  • Forstride Productions
Bump, and some news...

- Yes, I know, there isn't a demo yet.  Actual game development is really slow for me as of lately.  Not just because programming is a pain for me, but because not having player sprites really hinders development.  I don't like using placeholders, even though I should.

- I've had thoughts about redoing the graphics for the game in a painting style, and using the current graphics for some other game.  I got a Wacom Bamboo Capture for Christmas, and I've been doing some practice art (Mainly scenery and stuff like that).

I don't know when I'll have a good demo.  I could upload what I have now, but then people will most likely run into bugs, ask me about them, etc., and it's an annoyance I don't need to get myself into again.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 04:22:24 am »
  • It's just Max.
How much of the graphics in your screenshots are placeholders? Because right now, although I like the colors and the overlays, there are some real perspective issues going on, and it's a bit discouraging?

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 06:27:28 am »
  • Forstride Productions
How much of the graphics in your screenshots are placeholders? Because right now, although I like the colors and the overlays, there are some real perspective issues going on, and it's a bit discouraging?
Just the player...

The perspective issues, I've known about, and it's hard spriting in this perspective for me.

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 01:33:58 am »
  • Forstride Productions
Working on a "reboot" of the game...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:48:01 am by TDWP FTW »
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 04:58:31 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
I like how that is looking.  The game sounds interesting.  I look forward to trying a demo.  Keep it up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 47 queries.