Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC...what do you love?  (Read 15629 times)

Re: ZFGC...what do you love?
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 11:25:52 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
... The only lacking thing is imagination.

For me, I've never lacked imagination as much as I did motivation and time. My motivation often got killed because I lacked the experience to get certain things done properly. I was never satisfied with something unless it was really nice, so I ended up spending too much time on one thing and I'd get burnt out. I've since gotten a bit smarter and I take time to be aware of my hang ups and I find solutions to get things moving regardless. Motivation isn't really the problem anymore, but it's having the time to spare. I've been focusing on learning music stuff; mainly sound design and mixing and mastering. I've got a goal to make a little money on the side by producing EDM for a new company, so it's been my focus right now. But I've got a Zelda fan game in my future plans and I'm determined to make it happen.

More on topic: I love that even the original Zelda and Zelda II get fan remakes and such on here. MC hasn't taken over everything, but people still go back to the classic stuff.
  • My Music
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 05:41:23 pm »
For me, ive always loved just the feel of this site. Everyone always is so nice and thoughtful on here when you ask for help, opposed to some websites when i was just beginning coding i would actually get responses like "if you cant do this you are a !@#$% coder, so maybe think about stopping." so yeah, here is alot better. i also love everyones talent, like the horn of balance game, that super zelda engine, majora, yoshi, and leduardo.

What i would love to see is some more order though, i saw THIS:
http://z9.invisionfree.com/LOZ_OOT2D_CP/index.php?showtopic=26
and i loved how this was setup, and i wished we had something like this somewhere. now maybe not as in depth, but having all the custom link sprites and enemies in one big file or place could be really cool. in the process of creating my game, i have a massive(and i mean MASSIVE) paint file with tons of random things from link animations to enemies to tilesets that i have seen and collected, and it was pretty hard to find some of them when they were very good sprites and sadly went unnoticed.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:45:16 pm by Whitay »
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2013, 09:48:41 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Pretty much what whitay said, I like the community pretty much. I've been in some other forums, and people are not always nice with new people. I remember that I joined to ask Max to use his sprites x3. And then I saw a post from KoT, and got to know the rest of the guys here.

So, to answer the question, I love cookies :3

DIFTOW

Tree-dee arteest
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 12:49:08 am »
  • I like make game
I agree with the above.
Also, I've been a member since 2004 and still see alot of original members even after all these years.
Other communities just feel like constant recycling of members.
  • Miriscus - My game dev team

Koh

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 01:56:56 am »
  • Tamer Koh
I loved seeing the community evolve over all the years.  I may not have posted much, but lurking can be entertaining and enlightening as well.
  • Megaclipse Games

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 03:05:03 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I agree! I think the strongest point of this forum is it's everlasting community and how friendly it is as a whole. We are a sort of long distance family of sorts that grew bigger through the years. Some of my best friends are from here!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 01:49:06 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Zfgc is a good community, though I haven't been on here as long as some people, It's still fun to hang around people of similar(and different interests), which make it a good place to be around(when people post or do things~)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 48 queries.