Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brutally realistic World War I FPS  (Read 1353 times)

Brutally realistic World War I FPS
« on: January 11, 2010, 05:56:42 am »
Unfortunately I will most likely never in my life have the chance to make something like this. But it is just a concept after all. There's so many things about trench warfare I would like to do in a WWI CoD game or any other good shooter. Obviously there would be missions where you would be a machine-gunner, but other more interesting ones would be stealthy night-time trench raiding (<link btw).

Am I the only one who sees potentially very fun gameplay in sneaking into enemy trenches at night with clubs, trench-knives, hatchets, and brass knuckles and silently beating the Germans to death? To get into the front line trenches you'd have to wait until you see the night patrols light up a cigarette. Then you wait until they're facing away and sneak up behind them to club the !@#$% out of them. You also are given a pistol and some grenades, but warned not to use them unless told. It's the late 1800s, early 1900s. Those pistols aren't silence motherfuckers in this game. They're loud motherfuckers. Brass knuckles are your new silenced pistols. Thoughts? :P
Re: Brutally realistic World War I FPS
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 05:13:00 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
A "brutally realistic WW1" would play like the ending of season four of Blackadder. Climb out of trenches, everybody dies.

Trench Raids, as described by wikipedia, sound like quick "in-out" things, doesn't very good for prolonged gameplay but who knows?

P.S Just an FYI, real silenced pistols are still loud.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:18:42 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 05:17:50 pm »
I have to agree on that. Trenches were dug at open fields. Before you would come close to the enemy trench, you had been spotted a mile away. Let alone that you could wait for an unguarded moment when someone would light a cigarette.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 09:34:33 pm »
As you run out from your trench, your poorly made rifle jams and before you can see the enemy your are mowed down by a machine gun, on the off chance your still alive you will sit and bleed in the nearest mud puddle till you are run over by a lumbering slow moving tank, slowly crushing your body till it runs over something vital and you die.

Yep, sounds like a fantastic game :P
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 45 queries.

anything