Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LoZ game concept  (Read 1870 times)

LoZ game concept
« on: October 13, 2011, 01:37:46 am »
Been a while since I thought up one of these, but been tossing around ideas. I just finished Majoras Mask for the first time and I'm working my way through Wind Waker now.

Basically to accomodate for it being a fan-game it'd have only two dungeons. Solves the problem of making an overwhelming fan-game project so many have.. I was thinking it would have a main town area somewhere, and focuses mostly on the problems of the people and the town itself. So though there'd only be two dungeons it would have many side quests for heart pieces, bottles, main items, mini dungeons, etc. Most of these side quests would start in the town, but have to be solved elsewhere.

More of an open world Zelda game would be good I think, and the player doesn't start off with some huge heroic task of saving the world or a Princess or anything, but instead just sets out to try and solve the main problem of the town... I had an interesting idea story-wise, that it could be something like a town with a crumbling economy and huge unemployment (America Town Hyrule?) or a drought, or some combination.

And so there could then be side quests to get economy booming in the town somehow, or find jobs for people, stuff like that. The two main dungeons would probably be part of a bigger quest. Whoever the antagonist is would be from a larger more prosperous town far away and the main dungeon would be there. They are planning on expanding their town, or building a resort maybe right where Link's town is, or a railroad that needs to go right through the tiny failing town... It's a cliche, but not one seen in Zelda really.

The idea of the two dungeons is that the player would progress back and forth between them, being able to complete only parts of it at a time based on whatever items you have at that point. And side quests are required sometimes to get items needed to get farther in a dungeon. The main dungeon could actually not just be in the prosperous town, but the dungeon could be the town itself. Mayor's Office being the central part, and walls all around the city. Citizenship required or you get attacked... Maybe some side quest to buy fake citizenship at some point, but usually just sneak into the dungeon through catacombs under the town. Just tossing around ideas at this point (and probably now way to ever make it, but still fun)

How's it sound?
And now for something completely different:
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqgen9M1FV1r1gpejo1_400.gif

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
Re: LoZ game concept
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:35:23 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Lol at the gif, who post it up here but the fun part is clicking to find out :D :D

So you are going to make a sim-like version of Zelda?  My looking what you have here I am thinking of that warrior game that shares some similarities to Harvest Moon, ugh cannot remember the name.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 06:09:32 am »
  • Minalien
While the idea sounds interesting in its own right, it doesn't really fit into Zelda all that well..
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 10:00:49 pm »
Kinda true on it not fitting Zelda, but before MM came out people might have said a time travelling game where you have to stop a moon with a face from crashing wasn't Zelda-like either.. :P

I wasn't thinking Sims-like exactly, but more open world than most Zelda games, and more of the character development and their personal side quests. It is a big thing in a lot of Zelda games, so I thought it'd be nice to see a game really focus on it and flesh out the characters and their stories even more. A more Zelda like collection aspect could be scouring the overworld looking for just random items and abilities that will help you get through the two dungeons. And some would be necessary, and maybe hinted at by some characters, but the player would have to go out and find them.

I was thinking for main items that aren't part of a main dungeon could be found in little mini dungeons all around the overworld, 4 or 5 rooms each only with some tough battles and tricky puzzles, but just real short. Again, no intention of making this, as much as I'd love to

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:04:52 am »
  • Forstride Productions
HEY IT'S ME, TRALE LEWOUS.

On-topic: I like the idea...But only if the two dungeons are huge.  Sidequests get boring and tend to drag on, making games more like a chore to play.  If the two dungeons are huge, it'll be as if there were more than 2 dungeons, granted you make them last long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 47 queries.