Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just got a mandolin, me playing Zep 10 Years Gone intro  (Read 2915 times)

Just got a mandolin, me playing Zep 10 Years Gon...
« on: January 21, 2012, 07:37:53 pm »
http://soundcloud.com/chrisvervoort/ten-years-gone

Let me know what you think, feel free to listen to any of my other songs and give feedback too. I'd appreciate it!
Re: Just got a mandolin, me playing Zep 10 Years...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:47:38 pm »
It sounds nice. Though I think the mandolin alone is a bit boring to listen to. But then again I think any instrument alone is a bit boring to listen to. I don't know the song so I cannot compare the two.

But the first thing that popped in my mind though was Wind Waker. I don't know why though because it sounded nothing like WW's theme. Weird.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:57:55 pm »
Sounds very messy... Ten years gone was one zeppelin song where Jimmy Page was actually very clean with his playing. The chorus part was pretty good though. Tighten it up and it'll sound great. Nice song choice btw, one of my favorite Zep songs ever.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 04:59:05 am »
Sounds very messy... Ten years gone was one zeppelin song where Jimmy Page was actually very clean with his playing. The chorus part was pretty good though. Tighten it up and it'll sound great. Nice song choice btw, one of my favorite Zep songs ever.

I know it's a bit sloppy, and only the first minute.. but I did just get the mandolin a few days ago.

It sounds nice. Though I think the mandolin alone is a bit boring to listen to. But then again I think any instrument alone is a bit boring to listen to. I don't know the song so I cannot compare the two.

I also understand it is a bit hard to listen to just single instruments, drums and bass are pretty essential. When I started messing around with the multitrack layering in garageband I tried making an interesting song using just an acoustic guitar on three or four tracks. Not something you'd dance to obviously, again, hard with just drums and bass. Just a nice mellow song, let me know what you think of that. Definitely less sloppy, and pretty cool even with just a guitar.

http://soundcloud.com/chrisvervoort/just-an-idea-sunrise
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 45 queries.

anything