Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls  (Read 848 times)

Elder Scrolls
« on: January 25, 2012, 02:49:54 am »
Anyone else here playing Morrowind? I've never played it and needed a break from Skyrim. I'm a level 47 in Skyrim, so I figured I'd take a break and try the older games. I started with the second one, Daggerfall since it's a free download on their site. Unfortunately it's hard as balls. When I finally did get out of the too hard first dungeon I got my ass kicked in every quest I tried taking. The towns are all the same, and the overworld is real-life sized and not as real-life interesting. Way too !@#$% big of a game for having no interesting content.

So I got Morrowind and it's awesome. Also pretty hard compared to starting in Skyrim, but I like the challenge.
Re: Elder Scrolls
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 05:21:16 am »
I am an oddity as I enjoy Oblivion alot more then Morrowind.  Sorry but the random dice rolls to land hits is just !@#$% for a FPS style RPG.  If I am in your face with a sword/or bow and arrow and attack, it should always hit you.  If you dodge, then it should actually make you look like you dodged.  I know it's dated but that just gets under my skin.  It's fine for AD&D games, but if it is done FPS style, then it shouldn't be in there.

Other than that, I spent about 10 hours on Morrowind then gave it away.  Not interested.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 12:22:45 pm »
Never played Morrowind. Did a lot of Oblivion tho. Skyrim is better in pretty much every way :D.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 05:48:52 pm »
  • Minalien
Unlike foreshadower, who wouldn't know a good game if it were a nuclear-powered mechano-spider biting him in the ass, Morrowind is easily one of my favorites. I hadn't known that Daggerfall was out freely now, so I'm gonna have to grab it, but I loved playing through Arena on DOSBox. What I have noticed is that Bethesda's development process of this series has been to focus on vastly improving one major feature, while fixing and bringing other areas up to speed-- In Morrowind, they were able to push the limits of the game world and graphics. Oblivion brought an improvement (to a degree) in AI, and moved the combat to a new direction, while Skyrim brought the Quest system ahead.

Morrowind's greatest strength lies in the sheer amount of things to do, and the challenge in doing so. Monsters and bosses don't level with you, you're not going to find a bandit with a full suit of Daedric armor, and there's just so much !@#$% going on that you have to actively be avoiding anything of interest in order to get bored. I really wish that Skyrim had brought back the Vampire factions, because those were some of my favorite questlines in Morrowind.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 06:29:46 pm »
Seriously Morrowind is so damn addictive. After my unfortunate experience with Daggerfall, I feel like if I really took the time and got leveled up to a point it would have been really fun, I expected my break from Skyrim to not last much longer when I started Morrowind. Now I can't stop playing. I'm only a level 5 or so now, but this game is just too damn addictive.

Bethesda really does know how to make a sequel. The complaint with Daggerfall was that, yes it was huge, but there was no interesting content. So Morrowind has a smaller world, that feels bigger because it's interesting and different the whole way through. I really enjoy the... strangeness of Vvanderfell. Compared to Skyrim it's an alien planet. The creatures, landscapes, everything about it is so foreign and amazing that it makes the Cyrodill and Skyrim provinces feel bland.

The quest system is seriously improved so much in Skyrim though compared to Morrowind, it took me a while to get used to that quest log, which is actually kind of similar to the one in Daggerfall.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 06:44:20 am »
I always loved morrowind, played it for hundreds of hours when it came out on a computer that could barely handle it. It felt like a very complete experience, the world is rich with lore and warring political factions. Oblivion was... meh to say the least, felt like they stripped out most of what made morrowind good. Skyrim rectified a lot of this and also has the benifit of looking rather amazing :3 Can't wait till the creation kit is released and I can do something with it :D
But yeah, morrowind. I never got tired of looting those dwemer/daedric ruins. And it had levitation! Which has been removed since, probably due to technical reasons like larger cities being separate areas.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 49 queries.

anything